AIMS Institute, Bangalore was established in the year 1994 at the Peenya industrial area. The institution is private and all of its programs are affiliated to the Bangalore University.
AIMS Institute offers five full-time undergraduate courses and seven full-time postgraduate courses. The B.A. program is offered under three specializations. All the undergraduate courses, except BHM, take three years to complete. Bachelor in Hotel Management has the duration of four years. Similarly, the MCA program takes three years to complete, while all the other PG courses have the duration of two years.
- Candidates can apply for all the courses online through the AIMS website.
- MBA candidates shall have to submit INR 1500 as application fee.
- SC/ST candidates provide a relaxation of 5% in minimum eligibility marks for all the programs.
- UG candidates must have passed PUC or equivalent examinations
- PG candidates must have completed respective Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Admission is based on merit for most programs, except MBA. Candidates may be required to clear the AIMS Personal interview.
- MBA candidates should clear the respective entrance examinations for admission (MAT/CAT/GMAT/CMAT/XAT)
- AIMS follows the reservation criteria of the Bangalore University as well as that of Karnataka State government.
AIMS Institute, Bangalore Highlights Table
|Name of the Institution||AIMS Institute|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit/Entrance|
|Name of the Entrance||CMAT / MAT / CAT / GMAT / XAT (MBA)|
AIMS Institute, Bangalore Important Dates 2019
For MBA Admission 2019-20:
|Last Date for application||Date|
|Deadline 1 (List 1)||January 20, 2019|
|Deadline 2 (List 2)||February 20, 2019|
|Deadline 3 (List 3)||April 1, 2019|
|Deadline 4 (List 4)||May 15, 2019|
Entrance Exam Dates:
|Entrance Name||Application Start Date||Application End Date||Exam Date|
|CAT||August 8, 2018||September 19, 2018||November 25, 2018|
AIMS Institute, Bangalore UG Admission 2019
AIMS offers five undergraduate courses like B.A., BBA, BCA, B.Com, and BHM. The B.A. program offers three specializations pertaining to different fields of study. Admissions to these courses are through merit in the qualifying examination. The basic educational qualification for these programs is 10+2 or any approved equivalent examination.
- Once the institution confirms the eligibility of the candidates, they shall be called for registration.
- For programs like BBA and BCA, the concerned department will also conduct a Personal Interview.
- Selected candidates shall have to submit the duly filled registration form along with the supporting documents.
- As the candidates pay the necessary registration fees, they will be allotted Provisional Admission.
|Course||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Process|
|B.A.||Psychology, Journalism, & Optional English||10+2 / PUC / Equivalent examination from a recognized University / Board. SAARC/Foreign Candidates: GCE/JGCSE/GCSE Certification with minimum 5 subjects at ‘O’ level and 2 at ‘A’ level Pass Certificate / Diploma of a Secondary Stage Level Examination (12 years) of any discipline, recognized by National level council/board of any country||Merit|
|Psychology, Sociology, & Economics|
The application process for all the UG courses is common and can be done online through the official website. While the application fee can be paid online, the registration fee must be paid at the AIMS admissions office. The institution follows the reservation criteria of the Bangalore University and Karnataka government for the undergraduate courses.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2/PUC/Equivalent for admission to the UG courses.
- Candidates from SAARC countries and Foreign Nationals have different criteria than the Indian students.
- SC/ST candidates are offered 5% relaxation in the eligibility marks.
- BCA and BBA candidates must clear the Personal Interview for admission to the courses.
AIMS Institute, Bangalore PG Admission 2019
AIMS provides seven postgraduate programs and admissions to most of these courses are done through merit. In case of MBA, candidates shall have to clear either of the competitive examinations viz. CAT/MAT/GMAT/CMAT/XAT. The minimum eligibility criteria for the PG courses is Bachelor’s degree in the concerned field.
- Admission to MBA requires the candidates to clear the concerned entrance examination.
- For the merit-based programs, the institution will select candidates on the basis of the eligibility criteria.
- Such candidates shall have to submit the Registration form and necessary documents at AIMS.
|Course||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|MBA||-||Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% in aggregate||60% and above in CMAT / MAT / CAT / GMAT / XAT|
|M.Com||-||B.Com / BBA with a minimum of 50% in aggregate||Merit|
|MCA||-||Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate Passed Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Statistics/ Computer Applications/ Electronics as a subject in 10+2 or at graduation level|
|MTTM||-||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate|
|M.Sc.||Mathematics||Bachelor’s degree with 40% marks in aggregate of all the optional subjects & 50% marks in the cognate subject|
Candidates can apply to the PG programs online through the AIMS website. There are separate application links for MBA and other PG courses. MBA candidates shall have to pay an amount of INR 1500 as application fee. AIMS follows the reservation criteria of the Bangalore University and Karnataka govt for the PG courses.
- Candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree in the concerned field with minimum 50% aggregate
- SC/ST candidates are given a relaxation of 5% in the minimum eligibility marks.
- M.Sc candidates must have passed the optional subjects with an aggregate of 40%.
- MCA candidates should have studied Mathematics or allied subjects at 10+2 level or at degree level
- Admission to MBA courses requires the candidates to clear competitive entrance examinations.
- A minimum of 60% should be obtained in the entrance examination for admission to MBA.
- Other PG courses only require merit in the qualifying examination for admission
AIMS Institute, Bangalore Application Process 2019
Candidates should follow the below given steps to register for MBA admissions:
Step 1: Log on to the official AIMS registration portal (https://portal.theaims.ac.in/osp/osplogin.aspx) and register online.
Step 2: Appear for the Screening Interview (Online)
Step 3: The dates and locations for Selection Process will be announced on the online portal.
Step 4: Candidates will be required to choose the location of preference.
Step 5: Candidates should attend the Selection Process.
Step 6: Candidates can check the results on the online portal. If selected, they can continue with the final admission process.
For Other Courses:
AIMS, Bangalore has a simple and hassle free application process. Candidates can submit the application online through the official website of the institution by following the below given steps:
- Candidate should log on to AIMS official website
- Next, student should click on the ‘Online Application’ link
- In the next step, candidate should register by providing his/her User Name, Mobile Number, and email ID
- In the next step, the candidate should upload the scanned copy of the necessary documents
- Finally, student should pay the necessary registration fee
Note: AIMS follows the reservation criteria of the Bangalore University as well as the criteria set by the government of the State of Karnataka.
AIMS Institute, Bangalore Scholarship 2019
AIMS provides its students with opportunities for numerous scholarships. There are 10 scholarships or concessions available, apart from the Pragati Scholarship for girl students. AIMS mainly provides a scholarship to a student for their academic performance, category (SC/ST/PwD), sports achievements, defence background, economically weak students, AIMS alumni etc.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College