CMS College of Science and Commerce, established in 1988, comes under top premier institutes for higher learning at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The college was set up by the CMS Educational and Charitable Trust, a non-profit organization. It is affiliated to Bharathiar University and approved by AICTE & UGC. Presently, the college is running a variety of Undergraduate, Post-graduate & Doctoral programs across various specializations. It also provides placement opportunities to its students in reputed companies.
CMS College of Science and Commerce Highlights
|Accreditation||NAAC - “A+”|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
CMS College of Science and Commerce Courses
Following are the courses offered by the college at the UG, PG & Doctoral level:
|Undergraduate Courses||Postgraduate Courses||Doctoral Courses|
CMS College of Science and Commerce Admissions
UG Admission: To be eligible for UG programs, candidates must have passed 10+2 in the relevant stream. The selection is based on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam
PG Admission: The minimum eligibility for the PG courses is graduation in the relevant discipline. The selection is on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination
Ph.D. & M.Phil. Admission: To be eligible for these courses is a master’s degree in a relevant stream with 55% aggregate marks. Admission is on the basis of CET conducted by Bharathiar University
- Visit the college’s office & collect application form and prospectus in person or by post
- Candidates can also collect the form at the advertised spot admission center.
- The form should be filled up properly and the documents should be attached
- Pay the application fee by DD in favor of CMS Educational & Charitable Trust payable at Coimbatore.
- Send the form through in person or by post
Note: Candidates have to register through the college’s official website for the online application process
CMS College of Science and Commerce Placements
The Training & Placement cell helps the students in career planning through counseling and information is gathered about student’s interests, aptitude, and abilities. The main objective behind this placement cell is the development of professional skills, soft skills, and other employability skills such as resume building, Group discussion, and interview skills.
On and Off-campus recruitment programs are organized every year. Also, Placement Cell arranges opportunities for part-time jobs, project work, internships in companies around Coimbatore.
More than 100 Companies visit the college for campus recruitments. Some of the recruiters like TCS, Infosys, HCL, Avantor, ICICI Bank, Concentrix, Maxval, Amazon, Wipro Ltd., IBM, Premiere Evolvics, Ernst & Young, Capgemini, PPTS, Hewlett Packard, Access Health Care, Focus Edumatics, Sutherland Global, Tech Mahindra, Ford, Taj Gateway Hotel, Lotus 8 Hotels, Digital Nirvana Ltd., Le Meridien, and many more.
- Total Graduands: 5942
- Students Participated: 4774
- Selected Students: 3909
CMS College of Science and Commerce Facilities
- Hostel: The college has 10 separate hostels for students (5 for male, 3 for female, 2 for International Students) with GYM, indoor and outdoor games and hostels will provide a comfortable stay to all the students.
- Library: Library of this college consists of more than 63,000 books and more than 200 National and International magazines and journals.
- Sports: Institute comprises of different playgrounds for Cricket, Football, Volleyball, and Badminton. Students are encouraged to take part in various national and international competitions. The sports committee is headed by the college faculty members.
- Auditorium & Meeting Halls: The college has a big auditorium & other air-conditioned for seminars, events, and other programs.
- Laboratories: Labs consist of modern equipment and instruments, they are of international standards and all labs are fully air-conditioned with centralized air conditioners.
Read more: CMS College of Science and Commerce Hostel
CMS College of Science and Commerce FAQs
Ques. Does the college organize any social welfare program?
Ques. How are the faculties at the college?
Ques. Does the college provide facilities for handicapped students?
Ques. Does the college consider sports quota for admission?
Ques. Does the college refund the fees after confirmed admission?