Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College of Commerce (MMCC), Pune is a premier commerce college situated in Deccan Gymkhana, Pune. The college initially had only an architecture course but from 1986 onwards, the institute became a full-fledged commerce college as it is known today. Affiliated to the S.P. Pune University and accredited by the NAAC with an A grade, MMCC provides several courses at the U.G., P.G., and Diploma level to eligible candidates. The courses include U.G. programs like B.B.A., B.B.M., and BSc as well as some P.G. courses like M.Com, MJMC, and M.A., to name a few. Admission to all the courses is made purely based on merit and depends on the candidate's marks in their last qualifying examination.
Apart from this, the institute has six sister universities dedicated to the fields of Law, Engineering, Pharmacy, and Polytechnics, and it also provides management programs to eligible candidates. With many facilities and an equally good history of achievements, MMCC, Pune consistently ranks as one of the country's top commerce colleges.
MMCC Pune Highlights
Tabulated below are the admission highlights along with some critical details of this institute:
|Name of the College||Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College of Commerce|
|Also known as||MMCC Pune|
|Established in ||1967|
|Affiliated to||SP Pune University|
|Type of Institute||Private|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||Passing 10+2 examinations with a minimum of 45% for UG courses and having a bachelor’s degree from any recognized college for PG programs.|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based|
|Official College Website||http://www.mmcc.edu.in/|
MMCC Pune Rankings and Achievements
The institute is one of the best commerce colleges in the country and was ranked 23rd in the top 25 Mass Communication Colleges in India list. In the academic year 2008-2009, MMCC was given the Best College Award by S.P. Pune University and also ranked 3rd in the Top Colleges of Pune list by India Today in 2019. Listed below are some significant achievements of the institute in recent years:
- The institute was awarded the Best College Award under the Quality Improvement Programme in 2009.
- The NAAC accredited the college with an A grade.
- The institute won the first prize for the Best Float Display on Environment Protection in the Jatan Pune Youth Festival in 2016.
MMCC Pune Courses
The college offers several U.G., P.G. and Diploma programs in the field of Commerce, Arts as well as Management. Tabulated below are some of the popular courses’ details along with their eligibility and selection criteria:
|Course Name||Specialization||Duration||Basic Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|B.Com||-||3 years||10+2 ||Purely Merit Based|
|B.B.A.||Computer Applications||3 years||10+2|
|M.Com||-||2 Years||B.Com./ BBA/ BCA/ BBM (IB) with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved categories).|
|PGDFT||Foreign Trade||2 years|
|PGDBF||Banking and Finance||2 years|
|PhD||-||3 years||Graduation in relevant field|
Apart from the courses listed above, the college also offers B.Sc (Computer Science), Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication (MA JMC), MA (English) and many other certificate courses such as German, French, Human rights, event management, etc.
Read more:MMCC Pune Courses & Fees
MMCC Pune Admissions 2020
The college provides admission to various UG and PG courses. The admission is granted purely on the basis of merit. The students have to apply for the college and wait for the merit list.
For U.G. Courses
- The application form is available only offline at the college campus.
- The fee for the application form is INR 500.
- The application fee needs to be submitted at the admission department in cash.
- Entirely filled application forms should be submitted along with the requisite documents to the college office within the given time.
For P.G. Courses
- Applications can be submitted through the online mode as well as offline mode.
- Candidates can either submit the application online via the official college website or physically visit the college campus.
- After paying the application fee online, a confirmation will be sent through Email or SMS Alerts to the candidate's given mobile number.
- For offline applications, the fee should be submitted in cash at the appropriate counter.
The required documents at the time of counselling are:
- Two Identity card size color photographs of the candidate are required.
- Attested copy of Candidate's Caste Certificate in case of reserved category
- Candidate's Domicile Certificate (Attested): (For Maharashtra domicile candidates only.)
- Candidate's Migration Certificate in Original
- Candidate's Leave Certificate(Original)
- Candidate' Graduation Mark sheet in Original
Read more:MMCC Pune Admission 2020
MMCC Pune Placements
- The institute has an excellent placement cell which guides students through their placement journey by conducting various workshops and programs.
- The college has hired several soft skill development companies along with career counseling companies to aid the students in their decision making and placement interview sessions.
- The institute even has MOUs with various institutes like the NIEM, IMERT, and Sparkplug Education, to name a few.
- The college had a good placement season for the academic year 2019-2020 with several M.N.C.s like Infosys and ICICI visiting the campus for recruitments. The highest package received was around 2.65 LPA.
Read more:MMCC Pune Placement
MMCC Pune Scholarships
The institute does provide scholarships to deserving candidates who fulfill the basic eligibility criteria. Some of the scholarships are:
- Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulka Shishyavrutti Scheme: This scheme is for EBC students whose family income is less than INR 8 Lakhs.
- State Minority Scholarship Part II (DHE) : This scholarship is for the students who fall under the category of minority such as Muslims, Christian, etc.
- Government of India Post-Matric Scholarship: This scholarship is for students belonging to SC/ST category whose family income is less than 2.5 Lakhs.
- STC/PTC: This scholarship is given to students belonging to STC/PTC categories.
For more details:Click Here
MMCC Pune Facilities
The institute has state of the art facilities along with modern technology to make the life of its students easier and hassle-free. Listed below are some of the many facilities that institute consistently provides :
- The college has a highly updated and digitized library which offers several services like:
Remote Access to E-Resources
Online Access to E-Journals and E-books.
- The institute has several I.T. labs for Computer Science students as well as others.
- There are quite a few seminar halls to host lectures and presentations.
- Staff Rooms
- Gymnasium with modern equipment.
- Hostel facilities for all students.
- Green Campus
- Differently Abled Friendly Campus
MMCC Pune Faculty
The college has an excellent faculty who are very supportive and provide guidance to all the students. Most of the teachers have degrees like B.Com, M.Com, BBA, and B.Sc and are well versed with practical as well as theoretical knowledge. The faculty has won several awards from organizations and institutes like ICA, IIHM, SP Pune University, and many more. They regularly conduct workshops on topics like Consumer Awareness, Emotional Intelligence, and so on.
Read more:MMCC Pune Faculty
MMCC Pune FAQs
Ques. Does MMCC, Pune offer Certificate Programs?
, the institute does offer Certificate Programs to eligible candidates. The various options under this field involve:
- Certificate Course in German
- Certificate Course in Japanese
- Certificate Course in French
- Certificate Course in Event Management
- Certificate Course in Travel and Tourism
- Certificate Course in Human Rights
- Certificate Course in Creative Writing
Ques. Does MMCC, Pune provide any seat reservations for candidates?
Yes, the college does provide reservations to eligible candidates as mentioned below:
- There is a 5% relaxation for all reserved categories.
- The college has reserved seats based on the candidate's caste viz. SC/ST/OBC based on Government norms.
- The college also reserves seats based on Sports quota, defense quota, and physically handicapped quota.
- The candidate needs to submit the required documents.
Ques. What is the student intake for B.Com programme at MMCC, Pune ?
Ans. Each year, the college gives admission to 240 students to the B.Sc programme.
Ques. What are the various research papers that have been published by the college?
Ans. Listed below are some of the research papers published by the institute:
- Prof. Shubhangi Choudhari presented a paper titled “Techniques of Machine Learning: A Principle Tool in Artificial Intelligence” in the 8th National Conference on “Recent Trends in Computer Science and Applications” at Indira College of Commerce and Science, Wakad on 20/12/2019.
- Prof. Pranita Raskar presented a paper titled “The impact of social networking sites on teenagers and approaches of their parents” in the 8th National Conference on “Recent Trends in Computer Science and Applications” at Indira College of Commerce and Science, Wakad on 20/12/2019.
- Dr. Anpat S M published a paper titled “Vegetation Area Estimation of Microwave L Band SIR-C SAR Data Set Using Classification Techniques: An Agricultural Study” under the Earth System Science in 107th Indian Science Congress held at Bangalore on 2nd to 7th January 2020.
Ques. Does MMCC, Pune invite guest lecturers to enhance the learning process of its students?
Ans. Yes, MMCC, Pune plays host to several guest lecturers who talk on topics like Consumer Awareness, Cancer Awareness, Modern Trends in Technology, Disaster Management, and many more issues.