Sri Krishna Arts and Science College, located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu offers Arts, Science and Commerce stream courses. The college received more than 20,000 applications for B.Sc and M.Sc admissions. Apart from the UG and PG courses, the college has additional courses as M.Phil. and Ph.D. under the research programs curriculum, comprising Tamil, Electronics, Computer Science, and Commerce. SKASC is a UGC and NIRF approved college with ‘A’ grade as per NAAC. The college is affiliated to Bharathiar University, Tamil Nadu and recently the college was included in the list of top science colleges of India. Every year more than 2000 students are offered placements by 50+ companies. The highest salary package has been INR 19 lakhs per annum in 2019 and the average salary package ranges around 6 to 7 lakhs per annum.
SKASC Coimbatore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1977 | Private|
|Set by||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Courses Offered||BA, BCA, B.Sc., M.Sc., MIB, MA, MSW, M.Com|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc. and M.Sc.|
|Top Recruiters||SBI, Amazon, Wipro, HCL, Tommy Hilfiger|
|Campus Area||14.17 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
SKASC Coimbatore Ranking
Sri Krishna Arts and Science College has been recently published in the journal of best science colleges in India. The college has been featured in many articles published by NIRF either for winning championships or actively participating in social development.
|Top Emerging colleges of India||30th||2019|
|Swaach Campus Ranking||1st||2019|
|India Today Ranking||1st||2019|
SKASC Coimbatore Courses
|B.Sc.||Psychology, Mathematics, Computer Technology, Information Technology||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate in Science stream with a minimum of 45% aggregate
|BA||English literature, Tourism & Travel management|
|BBA||Business Administration with Computer Application, Logistics|
|M.Sc.||Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Technology||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Relevant graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate
Selection: Merit based
|MA||Public Administration, English Literature|
|M.Com||International Business, Commerce|
|Ph.D.||Electronics, Commerce, Tamil||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Applicant must have cleared a masters’ degree in respective stream from any recognized university with 55% aggregate
Selection: Merit based
|M.Phil.||Computer Science, Tamil, Electronics, Commerce, Library science, Library & Information science|
Click here SKASC Coimbatore Courses and Fees
SKASC Coimbatore Admission
Sri Krishna Arts and Science College has only merit-based criteria for all the available courses. A student’s performance in 10+2 examinations, the undergraduate study will be considered during admissions. PG courses like M.Sc., MA, MIB, M.Com., MSW are available on the basis of scores in student’s undergraduate studies. The final list for the selected students is posted either on the college website or the campus notice board.
How to Apply?
- Admission forms are released by the end of March on the website. Filling the forms is the first step to the admission procedure.
- Register a new application on the college website under the students’ portal. Fill all details like personal information, educational information, stream requirements, and many more.
- Pay the registration fee online. Upload your passport size photograph.
- Take the hard copy of required documents along with you to the campus and they must be self-attested.
- The admission committee posts the final list of selected students on campus notice board and these students are e-mailed to pay their admission form.
SKASC Coimbatore Placement
SKASC has been good with the placements of students and managing their students’ relationships with the companies. Every year more than 50+ companies visit the campus and recruit more than 2000 students. Companies like Wipro, HCL, and SBI regularly visit the campus for placements and internship offers along with that many seminars and workshops are organized by them to familiarize students with their work.
- Undergraduate placements: In 2019, 1200 students have been recruited with an average salary package of 6 - 7 lakhs per annum and the highest package was recorded around 12 lakhs per annum by companies like SBI and Tommy Hilfiger.
- Postgraduate placements: Companies like HCL and Wipro visited the campus in 2019 and more than 700 students were recruited with different streams. The average package was about 5 - 8 lakhs per annum and the highest package managed to 13 lakhs per annum.
Companies like Deloitte, Wipro, SBI, HCL, Amazon, KGISL, Tommy Hilfiger, Concentrix, and 40 more companies recruited the students last year and recently offered pre placements programs to students to acquaint them with company’s vision and objectives.
Know more SKASC Coimbatore Placement
SKASC Coimbatore Scholarship
Sri Krishna Arts and Science College has a central sector scheme for scholarships to deserving students.
- A total sum of 8 lakhs p.a. is collected to distribute it among the selected students.
- Any student aiming for scholarship need to register himself/ her first at the National Scholarship Portal and students scoring more than 80% are eligible to it.
- Once the application is verified by the college and the university, a final list of selected students is posted on the university website.
- The undergraduate students are credited with at most INR 10,000/- per annum whereas postgraduate students are credited with INR 20,000/- per annum.
Read more SKASC Coimbatore Scholarship
SKASC Coimbatore Facilities
Sri Krishna Arts and Science College has provided students with everything on campus, like an open-air theatre, digital library, food court, bank extension corner, and many more.
- Hostel: The College has a separate boys and girls hostel with an accommodation of 200 students in each wing. The hostel is equipped with all the basic facilities like mess and internet connection. The mess provides high-quality vegetarian and non-vegetarian food which included in the hostel fees costing around INR 89,000/- per annum.
- Open Air Theatre: The open-air theatre is established by the college in order to have a good place for organizing various events. Most college cultural practices are done here.
- Library: Every department has its own section in the library with a separate filing system, with more than 43,000 books, connected to student’s cards. The library has a 30,000 sq ft area, can accommodate more than 250 students at a time.
- Video Conferencing Room: The video conferencing room has 3 LED screens with a home system for the smooth conduct of meetings.
- Food court: Along with the hostel mess there is a canteen or food court. The canteen has 4 ACs for students’ comfort with a seating capacity of 200 students at a time. The food is quite cheap with good quality and more than 30 items are listed on the menu.
- Group study room: A group study room has also been provided for both boys and girls where they can have discussions and meetings.
- Research room: Most of the students need a place where they can experiment with their ideas. The research room has separate sections like Maths lab, laboratory, science lab, and many more.
Click here SKASC Coimbatore Hostel
SKASC Coimbatore Faculty
Sri Krishna Arts and Science College has appointed high-quality teachers who are committed to their work and never compromise with quality. There around 30 departments in the college and every department has guest faculty, head professors, assistant professors, and department heads respectively.
- Head Professors: 392
- Ad-hoc Professors: 140
- Assistant Professors: 176
- NCC officers: 12
- NSS Program Officer: 24
Check SKASC Coimbatore Faculty
SKASC Coimbatore FAQs
Ques. Can I change the stream from Commerce to Arts after admission under the undergraduate program?
Ans. One can change course anytime before the admission procedure for all courses complete. First, you need to cancel your admission and then apply for the new one. Once verification is done, pay the admission fee and the seat is granted.
Ques. Is there any fee concession for B.Com courses?
Ans. Scholarships are available for deserving students irrespective of the course. Income certificate is required for the previous year and if it is less than 1 lakh, 505 reimbursements of fees are done. Whereas if you have no income, then full fee will be funded to you.
Ques. What documents do I need to have during admissions into BA English Literature?
Ans. Admissions to BA do not need any special documents.
Ques. What is the fee structure for B.Sc. courses?
Ans. The overall course fees for B.Sc. is INR 20,000 per year.
Ques. Which companies have visited the college recently for recruitments?
Ans. Companies like Infosys, Wipro, SBI, Amazon, HCL, Focus edumatics, Sun Info Media, and many other companies visited the campus in 2019 and around 2066 students were offered jobs with an average package of INR 4 - 5 lakh per year.