JNTUH Quick Update
May 11: JNTUH has made changes to the academic schedule.
JNTU college of engineering is a private autonomous college approved by AICTE and affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
- It was initially established as Nagarjuna Sagar Engineering College by the Government of Telangana in 1965 and was affiliated with Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- In 1972 it got approval from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University and the college became a constituent college of university and was later renamed as JNTU College of Engineering.
- The college was shifted to permanent campus at Kukatpaly from its old campus in 1984.
- The campus spreading over 100 acres site is on Bombay National Highway, 20 km from the heart of the city.
- The college runs undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various disciplines of engineering.
- The college provides all requisite facilities to the students such as separate hostels for boys and girls, library, computer center, canteen, play fields etc.
- Almost 100% of the students get placed through campus placements.
- The college has signed a MoU with several foreign universities like- University of Westminster, London, UK, US Flight Academy Texas, USA etc.
Academic Overview: JNTU college of engineering offers undergraduate, postgraduate programs in various streams of engineering. There are departments for each discipline of engineering inside the campus. Some are as follows-
- Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Mathematics, Humanities & Social Sciences, Physics.
- College also offers an Integrated Dual-Degree Program (IDP). This program includes a BTech and MTech degrees in a duration of 5 years and an MBA with BTech.
- The postgraduate programs offered by the college include regular and part-time programs run by departments of engineering.
Extracurricular: Students of JNTU College of engineering perform excellently in academic activities and furthermore take an active part in seminars, quizzes, workshops and various extracurricular activities.
- The College has an active NSS unit, which regularly organizes blood donation and clean and green camps campaigns.
- There is also a National Credit Corps (NCC) unit headed by a faculty member.
- The college conducts a student level Technical Paper Contest inviting students from all the Engineering colleges across the country in various disciplines in the name of STHAPATHYA
Placement Description: There is a training and placement cell which organizes campus placements for the students of the college. On an average of 150 students get offers for various roles in prestigious companies like TCS, WIPRO Systems, IBM, Satyam Computers etc.
Details of placement for the academic year 2013-14 is as follows-
Number of Students Placed
Shining Techno CRT Organization
3.60 lpa/2.50 lpa
Computer Science Corporation
Highest package was 6.50 lpa.
The college houses 40 lecture halls, four drawing halls, laboratories, computer center and a seminar hall with seating capacity of 150 people.
Each department has its own library, seminar hall in their own building.
A Powerhouse with 140 KV A Generator connected to all buildings including Hostels.
The college presently has 4 hostel blocks, two for boys and two for girls. Hostels can accommodate about 820 boys and 575 girls. Hostels are provided with best facilities for daily needs of students.
The college library consists of nearly 61,414 books, and about 126 Journals and 4000 online journals. It also subscribes to 50 Journals every year.
Sports and Recreation
The college has adequate facilities for sports and games. There are facilities for playing Cricket, Football, Table Tennis and other games. A running track is also available
There is a multi Gym inside the campus.
Other facilities include an Auditorium, Guest House, Bank, Staff Quarters, Canteen and medical facilities with qualified doctor and dispensary.
Events: College also conducts cultural programs and sports meet every year-
- SPANDANA is the annual cultural program, inviting all the colleges in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. This is a popular program among the students of both the cities.