Updated On - September 27th 2019 by PRATYASHA
IFMR Graduate School of Business (formerly known as Institute for Financial Management and Research or IFMR Chennai), is a leading business school at Krea University. It was established in the year 1970 and integrated with Krea University in the year 2017. It has been accredited by SAQS (South Asian Quality Assurance System). IFMR currently offers full-time MBA, a Ph.D. program and an Executive Education Program. The Institute was ranked 34th position in 2018 by NIRF and 27th by NHRDN in 2017.
IFMR Graduate Business School Highlights
Below mentioned are the academic programs offered by the Insitute at various levels:
Course 1: MBA Program
Duration: 2-year | Full-time
Specializations: Data Sciences, Finance, Quantitative Finance, IT & Operations, Marketing, and Human Resources
Eligibility: Graduate in any discipline. Candidate pursuing final year degree can also apply.
Selection Criteria: Valid score in CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT and GRE
Course 2: Ph.D.
Duration: 5-year | Full-time
Eligibility: Master’s degree or equivalent PG Diploma and a Bachelor’s degree with a consistent first-class OR 5-year Integrated Master’s degree
Specializations: Management, Finance, Economics, Data Sciences
Note: Candidates with at least 2 years of work experience will be given preference.
Course 3: Executive Education Programs
The Institute also comprehensive courses for executives from corporate to government sectors. Following are the key offerings of the Insitute:
|Course Name||Specializations||Duration||Selection Criteria|
|Executive MBA||Supply Chain and Operations; Industrial Relations and Human Resources; and Finance||3-year||Entrance Test + Personal Interview|
|Management Development Program||Finance, Economics, Banking, Operations, Human Resources, Marketing & Strategy||1-5 days||-|
|Certificate Programs||Digital Marketing; Supply Chain Management; Six Sigma Green Belt; Enterprise Performance Management; Exciting Finance, Principled Finance; and Introduction to Banking ||30 hours||-|
Read about IFMR Courses & Fee
IFMR GSB, formerly known as IFMR Chennai, desires that a meritorious student shall not be denied management education for want of financial ability. It has various scholarship scheme for students studying in MBA and Ph.D. programs. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
For MBA Program:
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: The students having a minimum CGPA of 3 at the end of 1st year are eligible for this aid. Also, the annual income of his/her parents’ must be less than INR 11 Lakhs. Top 10% of the students in a batch who meet the above eligibility criteria may be considered for the award of scholarship. The scholarship amount shall be up to INR 2.50 lakhs per student.
- T. Thomas Scholarship for Business Leaders: This scholarship is sponsored by Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) and is given to a 2nd-year student of the outgoing batch. The amount of scholarship shall be INR 1 Lakh.
- Merit Scholarship: At the end of the second year, the Institute offers INR 2 lakhs to the student securing 1st rank and INR 1 Lakh each to next three rankers.
Apart from these, IFMR GSB also offers various certificates and medals to encourage the students to achieve excellence in academics as well as extracurricular activities.
For Ph.D. Program:
Ph.D. scholars are offered a stipend for a period of up to 5 years. Below mentioned are the details for the same:
- INR 35,000 per month during the first year
- INR 38,000 per month during the second year
- INR 40,000 per month during the third year
- INR 45,000 per month during the fourth & fifth year
IFMR Graduate Business School Placements
The placement cell of the Institute constitutes of various experienced faculty members. An ever-increasing number of corporates in India have been visiting the IFMR campus regularly to add to their intellectual capital. Students were offered various coveted roles in Analytics, BFSI, IT/ ITES, Consulting, e-commerce, and technology sector. BFSI was the largest recruiting sector followed by IT/ITES, Business consulting, e-commerce, and others.
For the year 2018-19, the Institute witnessed 100% placement of the batch size of 239 students. The highest CTS offered was INR 18.8 LPA. The average CTC was INR 8.70 LPA whereas the median was INR 8.5 LPA. In all, 59 corporates made offers and the list includes Accenture, Cognizant, HSBC, Infosys, Morgan Stanley to name a few.