Velammal College of Engineering and Technology (VCET) was established 2007 and it is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. It is a self-financing non-minority institution. It is founded by Shri. M. V. Muthuramalingam, a Professional Engineer and the Chairman of the Velammal Educational Trust, Chennai. The College has excelled at providing a high-quality, affordable education to students of diverse backgrounds, many of them children of immigrants, working-class students and others seeking access to an outstanding private institution. The College campus is classical, high-style buildings to be constructed on 26 acres. The College is approved by NAAC.
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
The College has an independent Training & placement Cell devoted to cater the needs of the organizations in conducting campus interviews for placements.
Percentage of Selected Students
- Eco Club: The main objectives of the club is to utilize eco-friendly energy sources, to maintain green campus and clean classrooms, making paper less communication and to manage solid wastes
- Robotics Club: It is an active platform for students to display and develop their practical machine building skills and knowledge
- Application Development Club
- The Library maintains a separate reference collection consisting of encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, handbooks, atlases, etc.
- It also has a Digital Library which provides online access to the e-resource of the Digital Library portals of IEEE, ASME, ASCE, etc.
- The library also supports the reprography section
The College has separate hostel for boys and girls. The hostel can accommodate 600 boys and 300 girls. Two students stay in one room. Single room accommodation is given to the final years and PG Students.