Jesus and Mary College (JMC), New Delhi, was established in 1968 as a constituent college of University of Delhi.
- This institute is run by the Sisters of Jesus and Mary Congregation which was originated in France in 1818.
- It was founded by a noble lady St. Claudine Thevenet. The College began with a vision of educating young women to help them bring about development in themselves, their society & homes.
- The Institute has been imparting higher education in the Arts and Commerce fields.
- JMC is constantly striving to achieve high academic by organizing seminars, conferences, talks, symposiums, and workshops for teachers, students & non-teaching staff.
JMC College Facts and Figures
Type of College
- 50,000 Books
- Reading halls
- 180 Holding Capacity
San Martin Marg, Bapu Dham, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
How to Reach
- The nearest Metro station is 13 km far from JMC
- Several bus routes are also available for the transportation
The college offers both UG and PG Courses. Jesus and Mary College provides a range of courses to allow for different circumstances and needs of women. While JMC provides Full-time courses it is also the centre part-time and Distance learning Programmes.
Also, Visit JMC Fee Structure
JMC Admission 2017
The Admission process in JMC is quite simple. Being a minority institution, the common form doesn’t work here. The specific college forms are available at the institution and online and there is a willing and efficient group of staff and students who address admission-related queries. JMC Admission to undergraduate program in JMC, like everywhere else in DU, depends on the percentage of marks obtained in 10+2 or its equivalent
- JMC Admission will be performed after initial screening of qualifying marks as mentioned by aspiring students at the time of application.
- After the screening, merit cum cut-off list will be released by the university. Students have to report in the respective colleges along with marks sheet & other desired documents where verification of documents will be performed.
- After completion of admission formalities, college authorities will update the admission status of the student on the UG admission portal. The students will then require paying the admission fee in online mode till 12 noon of the next day.
- Students who could not be able to take admission in the first cutoff of Delhi University could be considered for admission in the subsequent merit lists provided seats are available in the college or course.
- After publication of fifth cut-off list, participating colleges will publish the number of vacant seats course & category wise on both college & university website.
JMC Cut Off 2017
Course of Study
B. Com (Hons)
- 96% with Economics
- 98% without Economics
- 97.75% Commerce stream
- 96.25% Science and Humanities with Core English 95% EL. English 85%
- 59% Aggregate
- 60% Subject Marks
B.Sc. in Mathematics
93% with 90% in Mathematics
Very First College to start up the JMC Placement Cell. JMC started off with only one reputed company and today there are around 36 reputed companies. Placement cells not only provides ample opportunities but also brings to the student's opportunities for internship, fellowship and campus ambassadorship.
- The JMC library provides students with a wide range of scholarly journals and books, growing digital media collections and other printed materials to support research and learning.
- The Library is housed in a three-floor building. The well-organized & maintained, a fully computerized library has approximately 50,000 books and bound journals, total sitting capacity of about 180.
By Sports & Activities
- Shri Prakash Jyoti Award
- The Lirio Lopez Prize
- The Geeta Chopra Memorial Scholarship
- The Maria Philip Scholarship
- The Indira Menon Award For Art & Architecture
By Christian Students
- The Tessa D'Souza Scholarship
- The Claudine Thevenet Scholarship
- THE Gerald Baltazar Rodrigues Scholarship
By Merit Cum Means
- Dr Krishna Sharda Memorial Scholarship
- Vijay Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. (Mrs.) Prem Singh Award
- Smt. Sushila Pahwa Scholarship
- Smt. Lakshmi Kaul Memorial Scholarship