Jesus and Mary College Delhi University Admissions 2020: Courses, Eligibility, Application Form
Jesus and Mary College - [JMC] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Jesus and Mary College is located in New Delhi and was established in the year 1968. The college is affiliated to Delhi University. The college accepts only Jesus and Mary College's online admission forms. The college offers B.Com, B.Com. (Hons.), BA (Hons.), BA, B.Voc, B.El.Ed. and B.Sc. (Hons.) courses at the UG level and MA course at the PG level. The College offers a few Certificate Courses.
- To register, the candidates must first apply at the University of Delhi Centralised Admission Portal.
- Candidates who have completed 10+2 from a relevant stream with 45% marks are eligible to apply for the respective UG courses.
- To apply for the PG courses, the candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant stream.
- Admission to JMC is granted on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
- Admission to the B.El.Ed course will be done on the basis of performance in an entrance test.
- Merit List for the UG courses will be prepared based on the marks in the best four subjects in the qualifying 12th standard examination.
- 50% of seats are reserved for Christian students.
- In the calculation of the best four marks for preparing the merit list, English will be considered as one of the subjects.
Read about JMC Courses & Fee
Jesus and Mary College Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the Institute||Jesus and Mary College|
|Type of College||Public|
|Courses Offered||UG: B.Com. (Hons), B.Com. (Prog), B.A. (Hons), B.A. (Prog), B.Sc. (Hons), B.Voc, B.El.Ed|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||UG: 10+2 qualification|
PG: B.A. Degree
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Reservation||50% of seats are reserved for Christian students.|
JMC, New Delhi Fees & Eligibility
Jesus And Mary College Undergraduate Admission 2020
|B.Com. (Program)||-||Completed 10+2 with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.|
|B.Sc.||Mathematics||Completed 10+2 with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with 80% marks.|
|B.A. (Hons)||English||Completed 10+2 from any stream|
|Hindi||10+2 qualification with a minimum of 63% marks with Hindi as a compulsory subject.|
|Economics||10+2 qualification with a minimum of 70% marks in English and Mathematics|
|History||Completed 10+2 from any stream|
|B.Voc.||Healthcare Management||Passed 10+2 from any stream|
|Retail Management and IT|
|B.El.Ed.||-||Completed 10+2 from a relevant stream with 50% marks|
JMC Selection Criteria
- Admission to all the above-mentioned courses (except for B.El.Ed.) is based on merit.
- Admission to B.El.Ed. will be granted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam.
- The merit will be decided on the basis of the percentage secured in the Best Four subjects in the 10+2 examinations.
Procedure for calculation of ‘Best Four’ subjects percentage for Honours Courses:
- Percentage will be calculated on the basis of English and three other academic subjects.
- All subjects to be included in the calculation of ‘Best Four’ must have at least a 70% theory component of the exam.
- If the subject to be considered does not have a 70% theory component and 30% practical component, then the marks of theory and practical shall be converted to 70% and 30%, respectively on a pro-rata basis.
Jesus And Mary College Postgraduate Admission 2020
|M.A.||English||Bachelor’s degree in relevant specialization|
Jesus And Mary College Selection Criteria
- Admission to the MA course will be done on the basis of merit in the qualifying degree examination.
- Preference for admission to the MA English course will be given to candidates from the Humanities and Science stream.
- Hindi and English are compulsory subjects up to 10+2 to be eligible for admission into the MA Hindi course.
How to Apply for Jesus And Mary College?
Candidates interested in applying to the courses at JMC can apply online via the DU Central Admission Portal.
- Candidates must fill out the application form for the respective course.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the fee and note down the registration number provided.
- Visit the official website of Jesus and Mary College.
- Click on the link given for online application, fill out the application form by entering the registration number.
- Submit the application form.
|Merit-based Courses||INR. 250/- (INR. 100/- for SC/ST candidates)|
|Entrance Exam Courses||INR. 750/- (INR. 300/- for SC/ST candidates)|
- Passport-sized photograph
- Scanned sign of applicants
- Self- attested copy of Mark sheet of Class Xth and XIIth
- Mark sheet of
- Self- attested copy of Category Certificate
- Self- attested copy of Income certificate
- Self- attested copy of Sports Certificate
- Self- attested copy of Extra-curricular activities certificate
Jesus And Mary College Scholarships 2020
There are a number of scholarship opportunities offered by the institute. The scholarships are offered on the basis of merit and talent of the students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year.
- The All India Oriental Bank Officer's Association Scholarship: INR. 250/- per annum awarded to the best JMC student of 2nd year B.Com (Pass). The student will be selected by the Staff Council of the College.
- The Geeta Chopra Memorial Scholarship: Five scholarships each of INR. 600/- awarded to five students selected by the Staff Council of the College.
- The V. Sankar Aiyar Memorial Scholarship: INR. 900/- awarded to any B.Com student who stands first in the second year of the college.
- The M. Sethuraman Memorial Scholarship: INR. 500/- awarded to the student obtaining the highest marks in the college in the 2nd year of the Psychology Examination of the University of Delhi.
- The Savitri Devi Memorial Prize: INR. 250/- for the student who secures the highest marks in the organizational Psychology Paper among those who have 1st Division.
Ques. What all certificate programs does the college offer?
The college offers the following certificate courses:
- Financial Management
- Corporate Communication & Public Relations
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Business Analytics
- Fintech Applications
- Advertising & Marketing Comm.
- Media Studies
- Camera & Photography
Ques. What is the admission criterion for the M.A. program?
Ans. Admission will be granted on the basis of the merit or on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam.
Ques. Does the college offer Hostel Facilities?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College