Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada, established in 1953, is an autonomous college recognized by AICTE and UGC under the affiliation of Krishna University. The college is known as an institution with the potential for excellence that is managed by the associates of the Society of Jesus. The institute offers UG and PG courses in the fields of Arts, Science and Commerce. The admission process is based on merit scored by applicants in the last qualifying exam and entrance examinations. KRU-CET and APICET are the entrance examinations that are considered for PG admission in the institution.
The institution stands at 36th rank among all other Indian Colleges as per NIRF Ranking of 2020. The campus placement provides good packages but most students are likely to pursue higher studies.
Andhra Loyola College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1953 | Private|
|Recognized by||UGC and AICTE|
|Affiliated to||Krishna University (KU)|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|
|Entrance exams||APICET, KRU-CET|
|NIRF Ranking 2020||36th (Indian College category)|
|Facilities||Computer center, Sports, Viscom Studios, Library|
Andhra Loyola College Courses
Andhra Loyola College provides UG degree courses that are based on CBCS. The UG courses are available in 18 subjects. For PG courses, it provides the specialization and professional courses in all streams. The table below provides briefly provide details of all courses:
|B.Sc||Mathematics||10+2 with relevant subjects||Merit Based||3 Years|
|Big Data Analytics|
|BMS||Agri Storage & Supply Chain|
|M.Sc||Chemistry||Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50%+||KRU-CET or APICET||2 Years|
|MA||Journalism and Mass Communication|
Apart from the courses mentioned above the college also provides B.Com and B.Sc (Professional) at the UG level and MCA at the PG level.
Read More: Andhra Loyola College Courses and Fees
Andhra Loyola College Admissions
ALC admission procedure is based on the merit scored by the applicant in respective courses. The qualification varies as per the requirement of the course. For example, APICET marks are considered for making merit lists for MBA and MCA courses.
How to apply?
Applicants willing to apply for the desired course in ALC are required to follow the guidelines given below:
- Applicants can collect the application form for UG or PG courses from the college office within office hours with INR 150 payment in the office
- In the online procedure, the applicants can download the course form available on the official website of the college.
- Online form needs to be filled up with appropriate details of the applicants and submitted with a DD of INR 150 addressing the principal of the institution.
- Both in the online and office method, applicants need to submit the form along with hard copies of the last education qualification and Aadhar Card of the applicant and parents.
- The admission will be confirmed for the shortlisted candidates through SMS or Call
Read More: Andhra Loyola College Admissions 2020
Andhra Loyola College Results
Candidates can check the results through online mode only. The results are declared at the official site of the college.
How to Check?
- The students have to visit the official site and click on Check Results mentioned somewhere on the page.
- Then the students have to fill their login details like Registration Id and Submit.
- After clicking on the submit button, the result will be displayed to the students.
- They can also download it for further reference.
Read more: Andhra Loyola College Results
Andhra Loyola College Placements
The institution has an active dedicated placement cell that helps students develop their communication and soft skills in the initial course years. The average package is decent as compared to any other autonomous college. In the session of 2018-2019, 419 students got placed on campus among a total of 932 UG graduates, and 319 students pursue higher studies. The average package of UG placement of 2019 has been 2.6 LPA. For PG courses, 74 students got placed with an average package of 4.25 LPA in the year 2019.
Read More: Andhra Loyola College Placements
Andhra Loyola College Scholarships
The scholarship norms of the institution are mainly based on the regulation of the Andhra Pradesh Government. The eligibility for a scholarship is based on SC students with annual income below 2 lakhs, and for BC, SC, OBC, DW, and EBC with annual income below 1 lakh. The management also maintains scholarships based on the merit of the students. The deserving students are also provided with the Mid-Day Meal Scheme and Earn While You Learn Program. This initiative is taken care of by the management of the institution.
Read More: Andhra Loyola College Scholarships
Andhra Loyola College Facilities
The facilities that are provided by the institution for its students are as follows:
- Library: The campus has separate libraries for UG and PG students. The UG Library has 63,800 textbooks, 83,700 volumes, and 18,000 reference books. On the contrary, the PG library has 9134 books and 200 journal subscriptions.
- ELT Centre: The ELT program is conducted within the campus that includes innovative and research experiments.
- Sports: The campus provides all physical training facilities required by the students with 2 basketball courts, 4 volleyball, 1 handball, separate cricket and football grounds, etc..
- Viscom Studios: The studios are well-equipped with advanced technologies for students to use Visual communication studios within the campus.
- Computer center: The students are provided with 620 systems and well-equipped computer labs along with 25 licensed software.
- Special Facilities for girl students: ALC Women’s cell is working actively for being committed to women empowerment. The campus has separate waiting rooms for the girl students.
Read More: Andhra Loyola College Hostels
Andhra Loyola College Faculty
The institution ensures a highly qualified and experienced Faculty team for managing the excellence of the students. The faculty members of the institution include a total strength of 226 teaching staff. Among them, 59 of the teaching staff are Ph.D. holders and 28 M.Phil. Holders. The Faculty team is divided into the following positions:
- Associate Professor- 20
- Assistant Professor- 206
Read More: Andhra Loyola College Faculty
Andhra Loyola College FAQs
Ques. What specializations are available in the MBA course at Andhra Loyola College?
Ans. ALC Vijayawada provides various specializations such as finance, marketing, HR. The students also have the option to have dual specialization for example Marketing & HR, Finance & HR, and many other options.
Ques. What is the fee for the MCA course in Andhra Loyola College?
Ans. The first year fees of the MCA course at ALC Vijayawada are INR 37,000 and it is a full time course. The institution provides scholarship opportunities for meritorious students.
Ques. What documents are required with the application form while applying in Andhra Loyola College?
Ans. The documents that are required with the application forms at ALC Vijayawada are:
- Hard copy of Higher Secondary mark sheet
- Hard copy of last qualification mark sheet
- Hard copy of Aadhar Card of the applicant
- Hard copy of Aadhar Card of parents
Ques. What are the disadvantages for students of Andhra Loyola College?
Ans. The college timing of ALC Vijayawada is strictly between 9.30 am to 3.30 pm. It is also mandatory to have 75% attendance in each semester. The academic sessions are hectic for the students with the pressure of assignment in 1st mid and internal and external in 2nd mid.
Ques. What are the advantages of students of Andhra Loyola College?
Ans. ALC Vijayawada is committed to the excellence and development of the students. The students get the opportunity to join NCC and students have various cultural festivals which involve all students’ participation. Students get various course options that help to get more options and opportunities to be a part of this college.