Updated On - July 24th 2018
School of Research & Technology People's University (Formerly People's College of Research & Technology) is a unit under People's University. SORT was established in the year 2007 and is run by Sarvajanik Jankalyan Parmarthik Nyas. The institute is recognized by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal.
The college is planning to make collaborations with foreign universities hence, ensuring students and faculty exchange programs along with twinning programs where the students will be transferred to the USA or Australian affiliated universities to complete the course. After then, the degree will be awarded by that foreign university.
People’s College of Research & Technology stands for promoting academic excellence, discipline, ethics and sound practical exposure.
SORT strongly believes in empowering the students and providing them a friendly and interactive atmosphere conducive to learning.
Attracting features of a university:
- Modern infrastructure with well-equipped Laboratories
- Centrally air-conditioned computer lab and digital library
- HRD Training to each and every student every year
- Personality Development programs
- Alumni Association
- Invited Expert Lectures
- Entrepreneurship Development Program
- Yoga courses
- Educational visits
- Celebration of Teachers’ Day, Engineers’ Day etc.
- National Level Paper Presentation Competition
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Applied Sciences
Library is the most crucial fragment of any educational system. All the books are present related to course studies and general sciences. Many volumes and standard books from foreign authors, handbooks, encyclopedias and technical reports are provided in the library.
Separate boys & girls hostels are available in our campus. Hostel has single, double & triple sharing bedrooms equipped with all the modern facilities including bed, mattress, study area and cloth storage space, etc.