Falakata Polytechnic, West Bengal was established in 2001 and is ranked 1st in Diploma Engineering College in Jalpaiguri by government bodies. The college offers diploma courses in five branches of engineering. Additionally, the college administration also offers diploma courses in Food Processing Technology. Admissions are offered strictly based on entrance exams like JEXPO/ VOCLET followed by counseling procedures.
Falakata Polytechnic Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2001 | Public|
|Approved by||AICTE and NBA|
|Popular Courses||Polytechnic and Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|Entrance exam||JEXPO and VOCLET|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Facilities Available||Library, Labs, Auditorium|
Falakata Polytechnic Ranking
The college is the only 2nd Polytechnic college in Jalpaiguri and is awarded as “Top polytechnic college” by the government of West Bengal in the year 2019.
Falakata Polytechnic Courses
The College administration offers more than 30 diploma courses. All technical courses offered by the college are recognized and accepted all over. Here is the list some of the courses offered:
|Diploma||Specialization: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Food Processing, Electronics & Telecommunication, and Civil Engineering
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 with min 35% in English, Physical Science/ Science, and Mathematics as subjects
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (JEXPO/ VOCLET)
Falakata Polytechnic Admission
Admission in Falakata Polytechnic is strictly based on the entrance exam JEXPO conducted by the WBSCTE administration every year. College also paves way for admission through lateral entry through VOCLET.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the college.
- Fill the online application form and deposit a fee of INR 200 for WBSCTE via UPI/ demand draft.
- The admission of the applicant will be confirmed only on the fulfillment of minimum educational eligibility criteria and submission of fees.
- At the time of admission confirmation, the applicant shall submit original documents at the Counselling Office of the College.
Falakata Polytechnic Scholarship
The economically backward meritorious students of all AICTE approved Govt. and Govt. sponsored polytechnics of the state of West Bengal are eligible for the Tuition fee waiver (TFW) scheme. Up to 5% of the sanctioned intake per course is made available in the scheme.
Falakata Polytechnic Facilities
The college has state of the art building for the smooth learning of 500 students. Some of the facilities aided are as per the following:
- Library: The library has a collection of 6000 books ranges from science to technology to general interest including valuable encyclopedias. The library has one wi-fi enabled reading room which is shared by both teachers and students.
- Labs: Two computer labs are well equipped for smooth practical classes.
- WI-FI: College administration provides internet facilities all over the campus.
- Other Facilities: Conference room, seminal hall, and cafeteria.
Falakata Polytechnic Faculty
The college has a total of 28 faculties in which every teacher possesses a minimum B. Tech degree. Faculty to Student ratio is 1:40. There are a total of 17 Lecturers and every department has a Head coordinator.
Falakata Polytechnic FAQs
Ques. How to reach Falakata Polytechnic College?
Ans. Falakata Railway station is nearer to the institute at a distance of 2 km, which can be -covered either on e-rickshaw or foot.
Ques. Is Hostel accessible at Falakata Polytechnic College for outstation applicants?
Ans. No, College administration yet to provide hostel facilities.
Ques. What are the prospects for the students under diploma courses?
Ans. Through the Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), a diploma engineer can take admission directly to the 2nd year of the four-year course of Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and Technology in any Engineering College in West Bengal.
Ques. What is the fee for the diploma course at Falakata Polytechnic College?
Ans. The fee for the Diploma course is INR 885 for 1st year.
Ques. What is the reservation criteria for admission at Falakata Polytechnic College?
Ans. The reservation quota is as follows-
- District Quota (DQ): 20% of the seats
- Female Quota (FQ): 25%
- Land Loser Quota (LLQ): 2% of the total seats.
- Management Quota (MQ) : 25% seats