JELET 2021 Registration has started online on May 4, 2021. Eligible candidates can complete their JELET registration by visiting the official website and last date to apply is May 24, 2021. Check JELET 2021 Application Form. As per JELET Eligibility Criteria, candidates who have completed Diploma/ Bachelors in Engineering/ Technology are eligible to apply. JELET Application Form Correction Window will be open from May 25 to 27, 2021.
JELET 2021 will be held tentatively on August 29, 2021 as an offline exam. The paper is held for 120 minutes test with 100 questions carrying one mark each. The syllabus would be different for various streams and would depend on the diploma syllabus. Check JELET 2021 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- May 25: JELET 2021 Form Correction Window is Open from May 25 till May 27. Check Here
What is JELET exam? JELET or Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry is a state-level examination conducted by WBJEEB (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board) for admission to MCA and B.Tech (Lateral Entry) in institutes of West Bengal.
JELET 2021 Highlights
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Course Offered||Lateral Entry in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy courses|
JELET 2021 Exam Dates
|JELET 2021 Application Starts||May 4, 2021|
|Last date to apply||May 24, 2021|
|JELET 2021 Form correction||May 25 – 27, 2021|
|Availability of JELET Admit Card||August 23 – 29, 2021|
|JELET 2021 Exam Date||August 29, 2021|
|Declaration of JELET 2021 Result||Second week of September 2021|
JELET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, all candidates meet JELET 2021 eligibility criteria set by WBJEEB.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for Diploma holders in Engineering/Pharmacy/Technology. However for B.Sc candidates the upper age limit is 27 years as on December 31, 2021 and Diploma in Marine Engineering is 25 years.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates holding a diploma in engineering/pharmacy/technology must have achieved 45% marks from any polytechnic institute/Pharmacy institute recognised by AICTE. Candidates holding B.Sc. degree, must have pass B.Sc. degree with 45% marks from UGC recognised University. Also, candidates must have passed Class XII with mathematics as a subject.
JELET 2021 Application Form
JELET 2021 Application Form is expected to be available tentatively from May 4, 2021. Candidates have to visit the official website of JELET i.e. www.wbjeeb.in to access the application form. To complete JELET Registration, candidates can follow the below given steps:
- Online Registration – All candidates must enter their complete personal, academic and experience information.
- Uploading of Documents - Upload all relevant documents, along with your signature & photograph.
- Payment of Fees - Applicants must then make the requisite fee payment as per their category. Fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Printing of Application Form - Take multiple copies of your filled-in form.
JELET 2021 Admit Card
JELET Admit Card is issued by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board. JELET 2021 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website using your login credentials. JELET Admit Card would contain details regarding the JELET Exam, the language of paper, exam center, date & time slot of exam, roll number and photo of the candidate. In case of discrepancy observed in JELET Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the official authority.
How to Download JELET 2021 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of JELET
- Click on JELET 2021 Admit Card (Hall Ticket or Admission Ticket) link.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. Registration Number and password.
- Click on Submit button.
- JELET Admit Card would appear on the screen, take its print out.
JELET 2021 Exam Centers
JELET 2021 will be conducted as a pen and paper test in several cities across West Bengal. Candidates will be provided with a choice to choose any three zones of their preference. The various examination zones available for candidates are:
JELET 2021 Exam Pattern
- JELET question paper will consist of 100 questions of the objective type.
- Duration of JELET 2021 Exam Pattern is 120 minutes.
- Each negative response will fetch (-1/4) marks.
- All branches of Engineering/Technology will have one common paper.
- There will be a separate question paper for Pharmacy candidates and B.Sc candidates.
- The paper will consist of various sections depending upon the qualifying exam, the candidate has passed.
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||100|
JELET 2021 Syllabus
JELET 2021 Syllabus would be based on the syllabus of diploma level prescribed by WBJEEB. Candidates must practice all topics to get a grip of all the topics.
|For diploma holders in Engineering and Technology:|
|Engineering Mathematics||Prescribed diploma syllabus of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education|
|Strength of Materials|
|Basic printing engineering|
|Printer’s Material Science|
|Soil and Water|
|Farm Machinery and Power|
|Food Processes and Food Harvest Engineering|
|For BSc candidate:|
|Mathematics||Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta|
|For Diploma holders in Pharmacy:|
|Pharmacy||Diploma level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.|
JELET 2021 Result
JELET 2021 Result will be declared on the JELET Website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in/jelet.aspx. Candidate can check their result by logging in with their roll number.
How to Check JELET 2021 Result?
- Visit the official website of WBJEE JELET 2021
- Click on the link "JELET Result 2021"
- Login using Registration Number and Password
- Click on the "Submit" button
- Rank Card will be displayed on the new screen
- View the scores and save it for future use
JELET 2021 Merit List
WBJEEB publishes five separate merit list based on candidates’ performance in the entrance test:
- Merit list for diploma holders in Engineering and Technology except Printing and Agricultural Engineering
- For Diploma holders in Printing Technology
- For Diploma holders in Agricultural Engineering
- For Diploma holders in Pharmacy
- For B.Sc. candidates
The ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. A separate Reserved category list will also be prepared.
Candidates can check below for the procedure in case of tie occurs:
In the case of two or more candidates obtaining an equal score in JELET 2021, the merit of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidate with less number of attempted wrong answers in all subjects of JELET 2021
- Candidate older in age will be preferred
JELET 2021 Counselling
WBJEEB will publish a separate notification on its official website with details of JELET 2021 Counselling/Seat Allotment and admission, shortly after the declaration of the results. Only the candidates who will be eligible for Counselling process will be able to participate. Candidates will be informed via email about their counselling schedule.
Counselling and Seat allotment will be done in the sequential order based on JELET 2021 Rank of the candidate, therefore, candidates are advised to appear for counselling on the specified date and time allotted to them.
List of the documents/certificates is mentioned below:
- 2 Passport size Photographs
- JELET 2021 Rank Card
- JELET 2021 Admit Card
- Photo Identity Card
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- 12th standard Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Original mark list of Diploma in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy certificate
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
Date and time of the counselling cannot be changed under any circumstances. All the certificates and documents of the candidate will be verified at the counselling centre on the stipulated date. The candidate should appear for Counselling procedure himself/herself with all the necessary documents. No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.