JELET 2019 Exam Dates (Released), Eligibility, Application Form and Pattern
JELET (Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry) 2019 is a state level examination conducted by WBJEEB (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board). It is scheduled to be conducted on July 14, 2019, for admission to 2nd year (3rd semester) in a four year degree course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy under lateral entry scheme.
- JELET Application Form will be available from March 26, 2019, to April 16, 2019.
- Application fee of INR 500 has to be made online by the candidates.
- Candidates should have passed diploma and B.Sc with 45% marks. Check JELET Eligibility
- JELET 2019 question paper will consist of 100 questions of the objective type and the total time limit is 120 minutes. Check JELET Exam Pattern
- Each negative response will fetch (-1/4) marks.
- JELET Result will be declared by August 16, 2019(Tentative).
Highlights of JELET 2019
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Course Offered||Lateral Entry in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy courses|
JELET 2019 Exam Dates
WBJEEB announced JELET 2019 exam dates. Aspirants can check the schedule for JELET 2019 in the table provided below:
|JELET 2019 Application Dates||March 26, 2019, to April 16, 2019|
|Availability of JELET Admit Card||July 02, 2019|
|JELET 2019 Exam Date||July 14, 2019|
|Declaration of JELET 2019 Result||August 16, 2019(Tentative)|
JELET 2019 Eligibility
Before applying for JELET 2019 Exam, all candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the WBJEEB. All the candidates should meet the eligibility criteria set by WBJEEB to apply for the application form.
Here are the Eligibility Criteria of JELET 2019 which is given as follow:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
2. Age Limit
- There is no age limit for Diploma holders in Engineering/Pharmacy/Technology
- For B.Sc. candidates, the upper age limit is 27 years as on December 31, 2019.
- For Diploma holder in Marine Engineering, the upper age limit is 25 years as on December 31, 2019.
3. Academic Qualification
- Candidates holding a diploma in engineering/pharmacy/technology and wish to apply for degree courses through JELET must have achieved 45% marks from any polytechnic institute/Pharmacy institute recognised by AICTE.
- Candidates holding B.Sc. degree, who wish to seek admissions into Engineering/Technology courses, must have pass B.Sc. degree with 45% marks from UGC recognised University. Also, candidates must have passed Class XII with mathematics as a subject.
JELET 2019 Application Form
JELET Registration will available from March 26, 2019. The last date to apply is April 16, 2019. Candidates have to visit the official website of JELET i.e. www.wbjeeb.in to access the application form. It is a 3 step process:
- Online Registration – All candidates must enter their complete personal, academic and experience information.
- Uploading of Documents - Upload all relevant documents, along with your signature & photograph.
- Payment of Fees - Applicants must then make the requisite fee payment as per their category. Fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Printing of Application Form - Take multiple copies of your filled-in form.
JELET 2019 Admit Card
- JELET Admit Card is issued by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
- It can be downloaded from the official website of WBJEEB/JELET from July 02, 2019 onwards.
- JELET Admit Card would contain details regarding the JELET Exam, the language of paper, exam center, date & time slot of exam, roll number and photo of the candidate.
- In case of discrepancy observed in JELET Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the official authority.
How to Download JELET 2019 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of JELET
- Click on JELET 2019 Admit Card (Hall Ticket or Admission Ticket) link.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. Registration Number and password.
- Click on Submit button.
- JELET Admit Card would appear on the screen, take its print out.
JELET 2019 Exam Centers
- JELET 2019 Examination will be conducted in 13 cities of West Bengal.
- Candidates have to provide their choice of exam center along with their respective codes at the time of JELET Online Registration.
- Candidates have to choose any two of the following examination zones:
JELET 2019 Exam Pattern
- JELET 2019 is scheduled to be conducted on July 14, 2019 in offline mode.
- The question paper will consist of 100 questions of the objective type.
- Duration of JELET 2019 Exam Pattern is 120 minutes.
- Each negative response will fetch (-1/4) marks.
- All branches of Engineering/Technology will have one common paper.
- There will be a separate question paper for Pharmacy candidates and B.Sc candidates.
- The paper will consist of various sections depending upon the qualifying exam, the candidate has passed.
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||100|
JELET 2019 Syllabus
JELET 2019 Syllabus would be based on the syllabus of diploma level prescribed by WBJEEB. Candidates must practice all topics to get a grip of all the topics.
|For diploma holders in Engineering and Technology:||Prescribed diploma syllabus of the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education|
|Strength of Materials|
|Basic printing engineering|
|Printer’s Material Science|
|Soil and Water|
|Farm Machinery and Power|
|Food Processes and Food Harvest Engineering|
|For BSc candidate:||Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Culcutta|
|For Diploma holders in Pharmacy:||Diploma level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.|
JELET 2019 Result
- JELET Result 2019 is expected to be declared in August 16, 2019.
- The result would be announced on the JELET Website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in/jelet.aspx
- Candidate can check their result by logging in with their roll number.
How to Check JELET 2019 Result?
- Visit the official website of WBJEE JELET 2019
- Click on the link "JELET Result 2019"
- Login using Registration Number and Password
- Click on the "Submit" button
- Rank Card will be displayed on the new screen
- View the scores and save it for future use
JELET 2019 Merit List
WBJEEB publishes five separate merit list based on candidates’ performance in the entrance test:
- Merit list for diploma holders in Engineering and Technology except Printing and Agricultural Engineering
- For Diploma holders in Printing Technology
- For Diploma holders in Agricultural Engineering
- For Diploma holders in Pharmacy
- For B.Sc. candidates
Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. Separate Reserved category list will also be prepared.
Candidates can check below for the procedure in case of tie occurs:
In the case of two or more candidates obtaining an equal score in JELET 2019, the merit of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidate with less number of attempted wrong answers in all subjects of JELET 2019
- Candidate older in age will be preferred
JELET 2019 Counselling
WBJEEB will publish a separate notification on its official website with details of JELET 2019 Counselling/Seat Allotment and admission, shortly after the declaration of the results. Only the candidates who will be eligible for Counselling process will be able to participate. Candidates will be informed via email about their counselling schedule.
Counselling and Seat allotment will be done in the sequential order based on JELET 2019 Rank of the candidate, therefore, candidates are advised to appear for counselling on the specified date and time allotted to them.
List of the documents/certificates is mentioned below:
- 2 Passport size Photographs
- JELET 2019 Rank Card
- JELET 2019 Admit Card
- Photo Identity Card
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- 12th standard Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Original mark list of Diploma in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy certificate
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
Date and time of the counselling cannot be changed under any circumstances. All the certificates and documents of the candidate will be verified at the counselling centre on the stipulated date. The candidate should appear for Counselling procedure himself/herself with all the necessary documents. No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College