Madura College is one of the prestigious colleges in Madurai, India. The college offers 7 Undergraduate and 9 Postgraduate courses in various subjects. The college also offers the M.Phil Program in English and Ph.D. courses in subjects like Tamil, philosophy, Botany, Physics, Economics, and Zoology. Admission to all the courses is merit-based and the applicants have online as well as offline options to use for the application process.
Madura College Highlights
|Established | Type||1889 | Private (Autonomous)|
|Accreditation under||NAAC ‘A’|
|Affiliated Under||Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU Madurai)|
|Courses||UG, PG, M.Phil, and Ph.D|
|Admission Mode||Online as well as Offline|
|Facilities available||Laboratory, Library, Staff Rooms, Common Room, Canteen, etc.|
Madura College Courses
The institute offers Undergraduate courses in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Computer Science, and Commerce. The college also offers Post Graduate courses in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, English, Tamil, Economics, Sociology, and Philosophy. The college provides an M.Phil course in English and the Ph.D. programs are also designed for the students in many subjects.
|Courses Name||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria and Duration|
|B.SC- Aided||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Computer Science||Eligibility- Min 50% marks in 10+2 exam. Duration- 3 Years|
|B.Sc- Self Finance||Mathematics, Physics, Information technology, Biotechnology, Computer Science|
|B.Com- Self Finance||General, Professional Accounting|
|B.A- Self Finance||Economics, Tamil Literature, English Literature, Sociology|
|M.Sc- Aided||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany||Eligibility- Must have cleared Graduation from a recognized University Duration- 2 Years|
|M.Sc- Self Finance||Physics, Computer Science, Zoology|
|M.A- Aided||English, Tamil, Economics, Sociology, Philosophy|
|M.Phil- Aided/ Self- Finance||English||Eligibility- Must have cleared Graduation from a recognized University Duration- 1 Year|
|Ph.D. (Research Programs)||Tamil, Philosophy, Botany, Zoology, Physics, Economics||Eligibility- Must have cleared Graduation and Masters in the relevant subject from a recognized University Duration- 3 Years|
Read More: Madura College Fee Structure
Madura College Admission
Admission of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Madura College is merit-based as also on a first-come and first-serve basis. The students are required to score decent scores in 10+2 for the UG course and in Graduation for further courses.
How to apply?
- Download the admission form from the official website of the college.
- Fill in the required personal and academic details as required.
- In the case of online admission, the candidates are required to attach the receipt of the admission fee issued by the Bank with the admission form.
- The candidates are required to submit the same in the registered office of the college along with the other required documents.
- In the case of offline admission, the admission fee is required to be submitted to the principal along with the admission form.
Documents generally required for admission:
- Self-attested 10+2 Mark sheets along with Pass certificate.
- Graduation certification (for Post- Graduation Courses)
- Post-Graduation Mark sheet along with Pass Certificate (for Research Programs)
- Two self-attested passport-size photo
- Certified copy of Residence
- Birth Certificate
- Character Certificate received from the last institute.
- SC/ ST certificate (if any)
Madura College Placement
The placement cell arranges the campus drive where they make sure that the students of this college are provided with placement opportunities from various top-notch companies. The top companies that visited the campus are TCS, SSL, HCL, TOEFL, and some Banks. To prepare the students for the campus, the students are aided with different training and grooming programs. The students are also provided with internship opportunities by many companies on the campus.
- UG Course: The top companies who visited the campus for recruiting the Under-Graduating students were TCS, SSL, Airtel, HDFC Bank, etc. Almost 75% of students got placed on the campus.
- PG Courses: The top companies who visited the campus for recruiting the Under-Graduating students were TCS, SSL, TOEFL, HDFC Bank, HCL, and Ashok Leyland, etc. More than 80% of students got placed in every batch in the campus placement.
Madura College Facilities
The college provides all the requirements to the candidates on the campus. Apart from the basic classroom and basic facilities, other facilities provided by the college are as follows:
- Hostels: The College arranged Hostels for the students- both boys and girls. The fees charged by the college for the hostel including food are affordable. The seats in the hostel are maintained as per the student’s requirements every year. Therefore, the students from outside the State are not required to search for places to reside. The hostel is well-maintained and well-equipped as per the needs of the students. The security system is paid primary heed overall.
- Library: The library is one of the primary infrastructures of the college which is well-maintained. The working hours of the college are from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm. The Library is well-equipped with Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, and other subject books. Standard periodicals, journals are also kept in stock by the college. There are also computer facilities in the library where the students can research well about their subjects. The library also consists of the reading section which is quite spacious.
- Bank: the college campus has an extended branch. One of the branches of State Bank of India is located on the campus. The branch supports the students with all the fund transactions including the payment of fees and inter-bank transactions. The students are also allowed to open Savings Accounts in the branch.
- Laboratory: the institute believes that only theoretical knowledge is not enough for the students whether in terms of academics or training. The candidates are required to enrich themselves with the practical knowledge of every subject. Therefore, every department has a laboratory facility. The laboratories are well-equipped for all the students of the department and are spacious to accommodate the batch well.
- Health Centre and Ladies Lounge: The College is having its health center which the students can visit in case of any emergency. Moreover, the college also arranged for the ladies' lounge where the women (students or teachers) can rest.
- Apart from the above, the institute also provides the facility of Canteen, Common Room, where the candidates can relax their minds and can discuss their matters. The teachers are facilitated with the staff rooms for their privacy. The classrooms of this college are wide, spacious, well-maintained, and well-equipped.
Madura College Faculty
Madura College maintains high-standard in selecting their faculties. The faculties are dedicated to their values and their subjects of specialization. The faculties are well-trained in their field of specialization and focus on their candidates on an individual basis to attain the objective of the institution. The staff strength of the college is more than 162 personnel.
Read More: Madura College Faculty
Madura College FAQ
Ques. Does the college have a reservation quota during admission?
Ans. Yes, the college is having a reservation quota for the SC/ST students as per the rules of the Government. The candidates can apply for the seats only if they have valid documents of their caste. The eligibility for the reserved category candidates differs in terms of the scores of 10+2 levels. Additionally, their fees for one program will be exempted.
Ques. What is a review regarding Madura College?
Ans. Madura College is one of the best colleges in India in terms of education, culture, campus, and also facilities. The college is having an extended research program in the college where the students are given many opportunities for their future. The institute opens a wide range of career opportunities for candidates in every field of study.
Ques. Does the college provide any scholarship to their students?
Ans. The College offers the aided programs to the students whose details are mentioned in the prospectus. Minimum fees are charged from the students who are eligible for the aided course. Moreover, the Government offers the financially weaker students with many scholarship programs based on their scores. The scholarships are well accorded by the college if the student opts the same. The best student from each department is awarded the scholarship.
Ques. What is the fee structure of Madura College?
Ans. The fee structure of all the courses of this college is regulated by the committee members. The fees are set as per the norms of the Government. The students are required to download the prospectus from the official website wherein the detailed course fee is mentioned.
Ques. What are the achievements of Madura College?
Ans. Over the years Madura College has achieved fame based on the education and the culture it offers its students:
|1880||Added the college department to its Zilla School which was opened in 1856.|
|1946||The College regained its 'First Grade Status'.|
|2014||Regional Philosophers Meet with the support of ICPR|
|2015||Film and theatre Program in collaboration of Foreign Countries|