The Department of Management initially known as Management Group runs under The Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani. BITS Pilani is a deemed to be University established under section 3 of UGC act 1956. The Department of Management offers MBA and Ph.D. programs to the eligible candidates.
Learn More About Department of Management, BITS Pilani Admission
Get Details About Department of Management, BITS Pilani Courses, and Fees
Department of Management, BITS Pilani, Highlights
Type of Institute
How to Reach
1.5 km from Pilani Airport
0.3 km from Pilani Railway Station and Ganesh Nagar Bus Stand
220 km from Jaipur Bus Stand
Department of Management, Bits Pilani MBA Admission
The Department of Management offers MBA program on the basis of following educational requirements:
- The candidate must have done B.E/B.Tech in Engineering or a Master’s degree in any field from a recognized University or
- The candidate should hold integrated first degree of BITS.
- The minimum marks requirement is to get admission to the MBA program is 60% marks.
- The applicants are required to appear and obtain a valid score in CAT/GMAT examination.
- The final selection will be based on the statement of purpose, personal interview, and group discussion.
Department of Management, Bits Pilani Ph.D. Admission
The department at Pilani offers Ph.D. in several specializations such as Marketing, Operations, Finance, Human Resource Management and General Management. In order to get admission to the Ph.D. program, the candidate must have scored minimum required marks. The candidate can opt for full-time and part-time Ph.D. program as per his/her requirements.
Note: CSIR/UGC-NET qualified candidates will be given preference for the full-time Ph.D. Program.
Department of Management, Bits Pilani Scholarship
For Ph.D. Students
Type of Scholarship
MBA, M.E, M.Phil, M.Pharm
First class degree in M.Sc, M.A, B.E.
Note: The students who pot for full-time Ph.D. will get assistantship and 90% waiver in tuition fee. Part-time students will get only 80% waiver in tuition fee.
- The students applying to the MBA program will get teaching assistantship and tuition fee waiver scheme as per the criteria prescribed by Department.
Department of Management, BITS Pilani Placement
Department of Management Bits Pilani has gained recognition due to its practical-based pedagogy. Some of the recruited companies are: Idea, JP Morgan Chase, Oracle, Airtel, J & J, Capgemini, Genpact, HSBC, TCS and many more.No. of Students Placed was 65 during 2015-2017.
Placement Statistics of MBA Students (2015-2017)
INR (in Lakhs)
Get Details on Department of Management, Bits Pilani Placement
Department of Management, BITS Pilani Ranking
- BITS MBA Ranked No. 1 Private University for Management Department.
- Ranked No. 18 in Best B-Schools by Outlook Magazine.
- It has been Ranked No. 10 in Best Top Private B-Schools.
Why choose Department of Management, BITS Pilani?
- Summer Internships- The students are given the opportunity to explore the corporate world. After the completion of one year of the program, they may attract renowned companies.
- Practice School (PS) - This additional Feature at BITS Pilani provides with learning. Its vital characteristics are the 24-week internship, the insight of corporate culture, stipend, Pre-placement offer after the successful completion of the PS program. Some major PS Stations are Cisco, Barclays, Bharti Airtel, IBM, Knox Payments, Holiday IQ etc.
- Interface- The Department of Management holds Interface in which elite students are invited from top B-Schools to discuss various management aspects.
- Student Clubs- The BITS Pilani campus has various clubs for students which deal with several aspects of management. The various clubs are Finance club, HR club, Operations club, Networking club and industry linkages club.