The University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET) was established in the year 2005 with the providing quality technical education.
- UIET arranges at regular intervals Seminars, Workshops, Group Discussions, Extension Lectures by well-known faculty members within and outside the Campus.
- The students have brought laurels to the Institute by winning top positions at various Quiz Contests, TechnoFests and other co-curricular activities.
- The Institute is AICTE approved and the university was recognized by the UGC under section 2(f). NAAC, an autonomous statutory body has re-accredited this University with 'B++' grade.
- The institute campus building of 1500 sq. mts which is the largest in Haryana. The new building of UIET, under construction will have approximately 18000 sq. mts space costing over Rs 32 crore with all the modern teaching aids and facilities for improving the quality of education and proper skill development.
- Mobile Communications, Information Security, Software Quality Assurance, Computer Networks, Web Searching, Data Mining, Software Testing, DBMS.
- Six-sigma, Genetic algorithm, Design CAE, FEM, Active Vibration Control, Scheduling, Thermal, Welding, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering.
- WiMAX, Multiplexing techniques, Network routing, Network management, Filter, Image Processing, Logical Circits, Adhoc Networks, Speaker Identification, Wireless Communication, Digital Signal processing.
- Power Flow in Transmission, Distribution, Machine Design, Co- Generation, Optimization of Power Plants.
- Plant Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetic Engg. Fermentation and Bioprocess Engg., Industrial Biotech.
Students Welfare Department: The University lays special emphasis on students welfare and therefore, has a full-ï¬‚edged Directorate for this purpose.It organizes various activities of Art, Culture and Adventure. Bus and railway pass facilities are facilitated. A large number of camps and adventure courses like Youth Leadership Training Camps, Trekking, Rock Climbing, Snow Skiing, Value- based Spiritual Course, Personality Development Camp, etc. are organized.
- The University central library named as Vivekananda Library and a host of satellite libraries – Management Library, Engineering Library, Law library, Maths Library, Hotel Management Library, and Departmental Libraries in the Departments of Sociology and History.
- Library is housed in three storied building with 84000 sq. ft. area and a seating capacity of 800.
- The Internet lab of Library has been designed elegantly – air-conditioned, and has a bandwidth connectivity of 1 Gbps, 60 latest PCs etc.
- Library has a rich collection of knowledge resources over 2,50,000 volumes of books and 50,000 bound volumes of journals, and subscribes to 540 Indian and foreign journals in print form. Online access is provided to 5300 e-Journals through UGC Info net facility, over 200 e-Open Access Journals, SCOPUS-an Elsevier owned database of abstracts from about 18,000 science and social journals.
- The Engineering Library is having about 15000 books consisting of books for computer science and engineering books.
Hostel: The University provides residential accommodation on the campus to over 2500 students in its 10 hostels – ï¬ve each for girls and boys with facilities for indoor games, recreation, STD, and canteen.
Some Hostel names are:
- Saraswati Hostel
- Nivedita Working Women Hostel
- Ganga Hostel
- Satluj Hostel
Tagore Auditorium: Tagore Auditorium space is made to accommodate 1800 people of audience & Asia’s biggest Auditorium.
The greatest features of Auditorium is given below:
- Sloped Floors
- Fixed Seats
- Special Lighting
Sports: The Directorate of Sports has produced many sportspersons of national and international repute – 7 Arjuna and 5 Bhim Awardees – who brought laurels not only to the University and the State, but to the country at large.
- UIET, MDU has got the privilege to receive a grant of 13 crore from world bank under Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) scheme and become one of the 50 such selected institute from all over India.
- Autonomous status have been given to UIET by the Executive Council of Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
- A faculty development program conducted by WIPRO Technologies “Faculty Empowerment program under Mission 10X” on Quality of Education sponsored was organized from 25-29, October 2010 and 5-6, February 2011.
- On behalf of UIET, MDU has signed a MoU with CEERI, PILANI and the university of Lancashire, U.K. on 09/02/2007 which would provide timely infrastructural and personnel support to the students of this institute.
- A workshop on “Recent Trends in Nanotechnology” was organized by the institute on 23/03/2007 which was well attended. Eminent scientist - Prof. Nawal Kishore, Dean, Applied Physics, NIT, Kurukshetra and Dr. Shiv Prasad, NPL, New Delhi delivered their lecture.
- The cultural bonanza “Spark 2008” was a huge success. All technical colleges from the region participated in it. Under the aegis of the Department of Students Welfare (DSW). The colorful event exhibited the talent of the budding engineering students in the fields of Debate, Drama Music, Painting and so on.
- The UIET was awarded a trophy for the “Best Overall Performance”.