Government Engineering College (GEC), Ajmer is an autonomous college of Rajasthan Govt. established in the year 1997. It offers B.Tech programs at the UG level and M.Tech, MBA & MCA programs at the PG level. The college has modern infrastructural facilities, well-equipped labs, and Wi-Fi connectivity. Faculty members are well qualified to nurture the learning of students. The scenario of placements here is quite positive with the participation of reputed companies in the placement drive
GEC Ajmer Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1997 | Public|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
GEC Ajmer Courses
The courses offered by this college at the UG & PG levels are mentioned below along with their brief details:
GEC Ajmer Admission
Candidates can apply online for the courses on the concerned website. Below mentioned are the admission criteria for the courses:
- B.Tech Admission: For admissions to B.Tech program candidates need to clear JEE Main and go through REAP. REAP is a counselling procedure done based on JEE Mains rank or merit
- M.Tech Admission: Selection is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. Candidates with GATE score will be given preference.
- MBA & MCA Admission: MBA & MCA admissions are done based on candidate’s performance in RMAT & RMCAAT respectively. These are both offline entrance examinations which are conducted by the Rajasthan Technical University. Candidates with valid MAT or CAT scores are eligible for MBA admission
GEC Ajmer Placement
The institute has an extremely positive placement scenario. There is a dedicated placement team that works continuously for bringing better placement opportunities to the students. Many recruiters visit and participate in the placement drive regularly. Some of the top recruiters are Wipro, Infosys, TCS, BOSCH, Aditya Birla Group, JSW, Metacube, & many more
Last 5 years placement
|Year||No. of placement|
Placement Record 2020
|Company Name||Placed||Average CTC|
|Cinif Technologies Limited||35||3 LPA|
|Sopra Steria||17||4 LPA|
GovernEngineering College Ajmer Facilities
The campus area of this college is around 300 acres and inside this huge campus, there are many facilities for the students as well as for the faculty members and other official staff. Some of the facilities of this college are discussed below:-
- Hostels: Separate hostels are available for both the boys and the girls. Hostels have spacious rooms with all facilities. Students have to obey the code of conduct and the rules of the hostel. Visiting hours for guests are from 4 PM to 6 PM only.
- Sports: Sports activities are conducted yearly. Students can participate in team events, individual/dual events, and athletics events in this college in the sports category.
- Bank & ATM: An SBI branch is made available inside the campus for easier transaction facilities
- Canteen: The canteen of this college is very big and it’s a good place of gossiping for the students. Snacks, tea, coffee, and cold drinks are available in the canteen.
Read more: Government Engineering College Ajmer Hostel
Government Engineering College Ajmer FAQs
Ques. How are the faculties of this GEC Ajmer?
Ques. How are the hostel facilities at the GEC Ajmer?
Ques. Which branches record the highest number of placements?
Ques. Is there any age limit for RMCAAT?
Ques. Are transportation facilities available?