Sri Sai Ram Engineering College, a premier college was established in 1995 by MJF.Ln.Leo Muthu, Chairman of Sapthagiri Educational Trust, is a non-profitable, and non-minority institution and it is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The institute offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Engineering. The college is approved by AICTE, New Delhi. It is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution and accredited by NBA.
The SEC campus spreads over 300 acres in a beautiful and serene atmosphere ideally suited for technical education. The infrastructure and facilities available on campus are amongst the very best. It is a wholly self-contained campus comprising of everything that students on campus would ever require.
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Humanities and Science
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Production Engineering
- Department of Instrument and Control
- Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Almost 94.91% students placed in session 2010-11 in this college. Placement record in 2010-11
Name of Company
No. of Selected Student
- National Cadet Corps: It comes under the 4 (TN) AIR SQN (TECH) NCC Units at I.I.T., Chennai – 36. The permitted strength of 50 cadets were enrolled including girl cadets
- National Service Scheme: The NSS Unit 1st consists of 100 members, 50 from 1st year and 50 from 2nd year. Unit 2nd also consists of 100 students
- There are more than 36,000 books and reference volumes stacked for the benefit of staff and students
- The library subscribes more than 180 specialized journals, over one third of them being international.
- The College library is also a member of US information service (USIS), British Council Library, CSIR, Delnet, Malibnet, IIT, CII, Madras Productivity Council and Anna University
- Boys Hostel: It consists of a ground floor and four floors consisting of 100 rooms. Each room accommodates four students
- Girls Hostel: It consists of a ground floor and four floors consisting of 100 rooms. Each room accommodates four students