University BDT College of Engineering (UBDT), Davangere was established in 1951. The college was named after the donors Brahmappa Devendrappa Tanvanappanavar (BDT). This College became a constituent college of Davangere University in 2009. Recently with an intention of overall development of the college, government of Karnataka transferred the college to the Visweswaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum in 2011 as a constituent engineering college. College is Committed to Provide high academic standard and quality technical education at the under graduate and Post Graduate levels.
- The vision of the institute is to develop engineers of world class standard to meet the ever changing technological needs of economy and community through academic excellence and partnership with industry, business
- Professional, cultural and social Organizations. The institute will pursue high skills and very good careers for students and will strive for regional economic development through research and Collaboration
- College aims to provide continuing education and non formal programs adopting a philosophy of lifelong learning through variety of delivery modes
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- M/s. Jindal Trust Scholarship, Sitaram Jindal Foundation, Jindal Nagar, Tumkur Road, Bangalore-560073
- Government Scholarships for SC/ST students whose income is below Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum (Sanctioned by Social Welfare Department). Students have to apply in every semester.
- Fee concession for SC/ST students whose income is above Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum (Sanctioned by Director of Technical Education, Bangalore)
- Refund of tuition fees to the students of any community (other than SC/ST) coming from families having an income of Rs. 11,000/- and less per annum is sanctioned by District Backward Class & Minorities Department ( Students have to apply in the month of December)
- Scholarships towards Children of Ex-servicemen (sanctioned by Sainik Welfare and Rehabilitation Department)
- Merit Scholarships (sanctioned by Director of Collegiate Education Department, Bangalore).
- Scholarships to Physically handicapped students (sanctioned by Women and Children Welfare Department)
- Scholarships from Governments of Andaman-Nicobar/North Eastern Council secretarial, Shillong/Andhra Pradesh/Arunchal Pradesh/Nagaland (only for GOI quota students).