Samanta Chandra Sekhar College popularly known as SCS College established in 1944 is one of the prestigious institutions of Puri, Orissa. The college offers undergraduate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, and postgraduate courses in English, Oria, Geography, Zoology, Computer Science, Commerce, Economics, Education, and also Chemistry. The students are shortlisted on a complete merit-basis.
Read More: Samanta Chandra Sekhar College Cut off
Samanta Chandra Sekhar College Highlights
|Established| Type||1944 | Autonomous|
|Affiliated to||Utkal University Bhubaneswar|
|Courses||UG, PG (Regular and Self Financing- i.e. MBA)|
|Admission Mode||Online and Offline|
|Faculties available||Common Room, Playground, Hotels, Health Care Services, Canteen, Banks and P.O. and even Library|
Samanta Chandra Sekhar College Courses
The institute offers Under-Graduate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, and Regular Post-Graduate courses in 9 subjects and Self-Financing Courses such as MBA
|Courses Name||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria and Duration|
|UG. (Arts)||Indian Economics, Education, Indian Geography, Indian History, Mathematics, Oria, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, English||Eligibility- Must have cleared 10+2 with min 45% marks Duration- 3 Years Seats Available- 512 seats|
|UG. (Commerce)||Accountancy, Finance, Management||Eligibility- Must have cleared 10+2 with min 45% marks Duration- 3 Years Seats Available- 192 seats|
|UG. (Science)||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Computer Science||Eligibility- Must have cleared 10+2 with min 45% marks Duration- 3 Years Seats Available- 256 seats|
|UG. (Self-Financing)||B.A or B.ED or B.SC (2 years)||Eligibility- Must have cleared 10+2 with min 45% marks Seats Available- 60|
|B.A or B.ED or B.SC (4 years)|
|BBA (3 years)|
|PG (Regular Course)||English, Oria, Geography, Zoology, Computer Science, Commerce, Economics, Education, and also Chemistry||Eligibility- Must have graduated from any recognized University with min 45% scores in the subject which will be taken as Specialization. Duration- 2 Years Seats Available- Varies. Please refer official website for such details.|
|PG (Self-Financing Course)||M.B.A.||Eligibility- Based on the merit-ranks of ORISHA JEE exam Duration- 2 Years Seats Available- 60|
Samanta Chandra Sekhar College Admission
Admission of the Under-Graduate in Samanta Chandra Sekhar College is merit-based as also on a first-come and first-serve basis. The admission of the Post-Graduate students is based on the OJEE.
How to apply?
- The admission process can be done online by downloading the CAF form from the website www.dheodisha.gov.in. The students can apply online up to a maximum of 10 options.
- The students are required to fill the necessary personal and academic details.
- After submission, the students should take out the printout of the forms submitted and submit one copy of such at SAMS Resource Centre and another copy at the college.
- The students should submit the relevant documents such as Aadhar card, PAN Card, Mark sheets, etc to the college as per requirements against which the college will provide an applicant copy the student.
- The application fee is INR 300 for the general candidates and INR 200 for the SC/ST candidates.
- The students belonging to outside India will not be categorized as SC/ ST. they all will fall under the general category.
As an offline procedure, the candidates can collect the form manually from the college authority and fill and submit them accordingly.
Documents generally required for admission:
- Self-attested 10+2 Mark sheets along with Pass certificate.
- One self-attested passport-sized photo
- Certified copy of Residence
- Aadhar card details
- Birth Certificate
Read More: Samanta Chandra Sekhar College Admission
Samanta Chandra Sekhar College Placement
The placement cell arranges the campus drive where they make sure that the students of this college are provided with placement opportunities from various top-notch companies. The top companies that visited the campus are HSBC, Infosys, SBI, TCS, Wipro, and Genpact. Around 60% of the students got placed at the under-graduate level and almost 80% at the post-graduation level. Internships were also offered by many companies.
- UG Course- The highest placement in 2019 touched 5lac/annum. The top companies offering the jobs in 2019 were Amazon, Shoppers Stop, etc providing the roles of Accountant, Financial Advisory, Secretary, etc.
- PG Courses- The highest placement in 2019 touched 6.5lacs/annum. The top hiring companies in 2019 were TCS, Infosys, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, etc. the average package was 3lac/annum offered in 2019.
Samanta Chandra Sekhar College Scholarship
The students of SCS College are provided with many scholarships as the rules and regulations of the Orissa Government. The Scholarships provided are as follows:-
- Post-Metric Scholarships- the SC/ST students are provided with this scholarship. The students whose family income is less than the basic exemption limit i.e.. 2.5 lacs then they will be provided with this scholarship. This scholarship includes the course and compulsory allowance fees.
- Merit Scholarship- Merit scholarship is the online scholarship provided by the Orissa government to its meritorious students every year. The candidate must have secured 60% in their Boards Exam and the family income must restrict to 6lac/annum. A total of 3000 students are awarded this scholarship with Rs 5000 per student.
- Sports scholarship- students who are talented in sports are awarded this scholarship. To encourage the students to continue their careers in sports the students are awarded this scholarship. Rs 2000 and Rs 3000 per annum are awarded to the students who have not received any other scholarship in the concerned year and studies in any recognized educational institution.
- Other scholarships that are offered by the college are National Scholarship, Hindi Merit Scholarship, Teachers Son Scholarship, Free Scholarship, etc.
Samanta Chandra Sekhar College Facilities
Other than the basic facilities, the college provides various other facilities to the candidates and the faculty members that they need on the campus. The facilities are as follows:-
- Laboratories- All the departments are provided with computers. Science, Psychology, Education, and Geography department are provided with their laboratories well equipped with all the necessary items. The college is having around 21 laboratories divided among different departments as per requirements.
- Common Room- the college has a faculty staff room, Boys common room, Girls common room.
- Hostels- the college has provided two hostels for the boys and one hostel for the girls. A total of 200 seats are available in the girl's hostel and the boy's hostels are having a total of around 150 seats.
- Health Care Services- Youth Red Cross Room is there on the college campus that provides all the health care services to the students as well as the faculties.
- Post Office and Banks- A sub-post office, and one branch of UCO Bank are there on the campus for the benefits of the students and the faculties.
- Apart from the above-mentioned facilities, the college campus has the facilities such as playground and gymnasium, canteen to cater the needs of the students, Placement cell, advisory committee to deal with the issues of the college, library which is open for 7 hours a day and also Information Bureau which guides the students regarding their future and possible opportunities both in terms of higher studies and employment.
Samanta Chandra Sekhar College Faculty
SCS College maintains high-standard in selecting their faculties. The faculties are dedicated to their values and their subjects of specialization. The department of arts is having 37 faculties, the commerce department is having 13 faculties and the science department is having 30 faculties in total.
Samanta Chandra Sekhar College FAQ
Ques. Does the college is having reservation quota during admission?
Ans. Yes, the college is having reservation quota for the SC/ST students as per the rules of the Orissa Government.
|Students from Outside Orissa||05%|
|Oria students but not from Orissa||05%|
Ques. What are the compulsory subjects at UG level in Arts, Commerce or Science?
Ans. The compulsory subjects of arts are English, Environmental Science, Indian Society & Culture, ES & CA. The compulsory subjects of commerce are Communicative English, Business Economics, Indian Society & Culture, and Financial Management, etc. The compulsory subjects of Science are English, MIL (HIN/O/AE), ES & ESIT, and Indian Society and Culture.
Ques. Is counseling there is SCS College, Orissa?
Ans. Yes, Counseling is there in SCS College, Orissa. The State-level counseling is there and is available from DHE, Govt. of Orissa. The latest counseling date was June 21-23, 2020.
Ques. Is the online admission process available and how can the application fee be paid?
Ans. Both online and offline process of admission is available. The application fee can be paid online or by issuing a demand draft. After the payment, the college will issue a student copy as a form of acknowledgment.
Ques. How many seats are available for the Post Graduation students?
Ans. For Postgraduation, the number of seats available is as follows:-