JIS College of Engineering (JISCE) is a private (Autonomous) engineering college located in Nadia, West Bengal. It was established in the year 2000 by Sardar Jodh Singh, Chairman. It is accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and affiliated with Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT). The college is also approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), University Grants Commission (UGC) and National Board of Accreditation (NBA). It has been awarded 1st position in West Bengal as per Times Top Private Engineering Institute.
JIS College of Engineering Courses
The college offers B.Tech, B.Tech (Lateral Entry), BBA and BCA at undergraduate level. The duration of B.Tech program is 4 years while B.Tech Lateral, BBA and BCA consists of 3 years duration.
JIS College of Engineering also provides M.Tech, MCA and MBA programs at postgraduate level. MBA & M.Tech have 2 years of duration while MCA is 3 years program. Except for these courses, the college also runs 3 years Diploma program in various disciplines.
Read more JIS College of Engineering Courses and Fees
JIS College of Engineering Courses Admission
- To get admission into the B.Tech program, the applicant must have scored 60% marks in aggregate in 10+2 or its equivalent and should have obtained 45% marks in PCM taken together from a recognized institution.
- The selection of the candidate will be made on the rank obtained in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination or JEE-Main and CEE-AMPAI examination.
BCA and BBA Admission
- To be eligible for admission in BCA and BBA programs, the applicant must have done 10+2 or its equivalent with minimum required marks.
- Final selection of the candidate will be made on laid guidelines of Maulana Abul Kalam University of Technology.
- The candidate must have done Graduation with minimum required marks from a recognized University.
- Appearing and scoring a valid score in GATE/PGET examination and CEE-AMPAI Masters is mandatory for the selection.
- To get admission into MBA program, the candidate is required to possess Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- The final selection of the candidate will be based on the score of MAT conducted by AIMA, JEE-MAT conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUTWB), CEE-AMPAI-Masters followed by counselling.
- To get admission into the MCA program, the candidate is required to hold Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with minimum required marks.
- The candidate will be selected by his obtained rank in Joint Entrance Examination (JECA) conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board, CEE-AMPAI Masters followed by counselling.
JIS College of Engineering Placement
JIS College of Engineering has a separate placement cell which holds orientation programs, grooming sessions, mock interviews for students to make them fit for the work environment. It grooms students by holding group discussions and personal interviews. It also organizes various summer internship with renowned industries is for the students.
JIS College of Engineering Placement Statistics 2017 Batch
Package (Lac Per annum)
Think & Learn Pvt. Ltd (BY JUS)
Hyundai Construction Equipment India Pvt. Ltd
Prolifics Corporation Ltd
Johnson Controls (India)Pvt
Know more about JIS College of Engineering Placement
JIS College of Engineering Ranking and Awards
- Ranked 35th in self-financed and 81st in all engineering institute in India by Survey of The Times group and i3Research
- The institution has been awarded as no. 1 Engineering institution in West Bengal for its academic reforms.
- It has been awarded Numero Uno Business School.
- JISCE has obtained the 24th position as per i3RC Times.
- It is the first institution which introduces the new generation of Teaching-Learning (FLIP Learning).
- According to Outlook Survey, it has secured the 67th position among top 100 Engineering institutions.
- It has established Center of Excellence in association with Russian Federation.
Why Join JIS College of Engineering?
- The premier and only self-financed institute awarded TEQIP Phase II 1.2 in the state of West Bengal
- It is an only recognized research center by WBUT in JIS Group
- Received appreciation from SPFU for having highest no of stream accredited by NBA in West Bengal
- Internship abroad program at Russia
- Organized the biggest technical Symposium ‘JISTech 2K15, 2K16, 2K17 & 2K18’
- Having highest no. of qualified students for Internship aboard program to AIT, Thailand
- Internship abroad program at Russia
- QEEE Student Learning Center of IIT Madras
- Aakash Project Center of IIT Bombay
- TATA Technologies Collaborative Le@rning Innovation Centre for bridging the industry academia gaps