Institute of Open and Distance Education, Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya was set up under the name of the Department of Correspondence Courses in 1975. The university was accredited ‘B’ grade by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) in 2015. The institution takes pride in its ability to provide a large number of courses at the Graduate and the Post-graduate levels. Although the institution provides courses on a large variety of streams, it is especially well known for its courses on MA and PG Diploma.
Anyone who is interested in any of the courses can apply online. A student who wants to enroll in any one of the particular courses must apply for it online by going to the official website of the Institute. The institution conducts contact classes for students depending on the duration, of course, they are enrolled in. These classes are taken by both the core faculty members who are all excellent in their fields and also by experts/guest faculties. The institute wishes to provide students with high-quality learning resources.
Institute of Open and Distance Education Highlights
|Established | Type||1975 | Government|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Courses offered||B.A, B.Com, BBA, MA, B, LIS, M.LIS, PG Diploma|
|Popular courses||MA, PG Diploma|
|Eligibility||Class 10+2/ equivalent examination pass|
|Campus Area||400 Acres|
Barkatullah University Distance Education Courses
The Institute of Open and Distance Education, Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya offers 4 Degree Courses, 5 Post Graduate Degree Courses, 5 Post Graduate Diploma Courses and 2 courses on Library Science. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.A||-||Intermediate graduate from a recognized board|
|MA||Political Science||Graduation degree from a recognized university|
|M.L.I.Sc.||-||B.Lib/ B.L.I.Sc or equivalent after graduation from a recognized university|
|Psychological Counselling||Passed Graduation degree from a recognized university|
|Finance & Tax Management|
Barkatullah University Distance Education Admission
For getting admitted to the Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya Institute of Open and Distance learning follow the instructions given below:
- Interested candidates need to fill the application form which is available on the official website of the institution.
- Candidates need to register so that they will get a 6 registration number. Each digit represents something like a session, subjects, year, and serial number.
- Fill in all the information required in the application form.
- Upload the required documents properly.
- Candidates can pay the registration fee online through Netbanking.
- Send an email of the scanned copy of the registration letter fee receipt, photo & signature and mark sheets to the director of the institute.
Students can also check the admission status after registration. The link for the same is available on the official website of the Institute. Select your respective course and click on it. The list of the selected students will be displayed on the screen.
Following are the documents required at the time of the registration process:
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of the fee receipt
- Scanned copy of the signature of the candidate
- Secondary and Higher Secondary mark sheets of the candidate
- Graduation mark sheet for candidates applying for Postgraduate course.
Barkatullah University Distance Education Facilities
Being a distance education institute, IODE at Barkatullah University provides a number of facilities to its students. Following are the details of the same:
- Classroom: The campus has aesthetically designed classrooms with state of the art sound and projection systems.
- Library: Students can have access to the central library resources of the university. The official website has access to online resources like National Digital Library of India, J-Gate, e-ShodhSindhu.
- Question papers: Students can also download previous year question papers from the website. It contains question papers of every course offered by the university.
Barkatullah University Distance Education FAQs
Ques. Does the distance education program offer MA?
Ans. Yes, the Master of Arts (MA) Course is offered by the Institute of Open and Distance Education. It offers this course on subjects like Economics, Political Science, Hindi Literature, English Literature and Sociology. The institute is especially known for its MA course.
Ques. Where is the Institute located?
Ans. The Institute of Open and Distance Education is located within the campus of Barkatullah University, Hoshangabad Road in the district of Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh-462026.
Ques. How is the faculty in the Distance Education Program?
Ans. The teaching facility here is very good and experienced and they live up to the expectations.
Ques. Is there any future after doing distance learning?
Ans. Yes, there are plenty of opportunities after doing distance learning. Candidates will also be able to appear for various government exams after finishing the courses. Note that there is no shame in distance learning.
Ques. Can I pursue a dual degree in distance learning at IODE?
Yes, you can pursue dual degrees/ diplomas in distance learning at IODE. According to guidelines set in 2012, a candidate can pursue a dual degree/diploma in distance learning. There is a variety of combinations to choose from, which are
- One Degree and one Diploma/Post Graduate Diploma/Certificate
- One Post Graduate Diploma and one Diploma/Certificate
- Two Postgraduate Diplomas
- Two Certificates
- Two Diplomas