Government Medical College, Manjeri, located in Manjeri, Malappuram District was set-up in 2013 and approved by MCI. It is affiliated to Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUSH) and is the 6th medical college under the government of Kerala. The Institute has been facilitated by Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan since the year 2016.
Government Medical College offers MBBS program for a duration of 5 Years and 1 year of Internship. The Institute also provides 500 beds, 12 operation theatres with an intake of 100 students every year.
GMCM provides placement through both government hospitals and Private Hospitals. One can go on working as a general physician in the private sector or can join the government sector. Students can also opt for higher education.
Government Medical College, Manjeri : Highlights
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Manjeri|
|Year of Establishment||2013|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University of Health Sciences Thrissur|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India|
|Category||Medical college in Kerala|
|Contact Details||Ph: 04832766425 (Hospital numbers) Ph: 04832764056 (Principal’s Office)|
Government Medical College, Manjeri: Courses Offered
Courses provided by Government Medical College Courses are:
|MBBS||Eligibility- Passed 10 + 2 with PCB as main subjects
Duration- 5.5. years ( Including 1 year internship)
Selection Criteria: NEET
Read More: Government Medical College Courses & Fees
Government Medical College, Manjeri: Admission
Admission is done on the basis of marks obtained by the student in the last qualifying exam. The maximum age limit to study MBBS is 25 years.
Candidates require a minimum 50 % marks in 10+2 boards. Candidates 10+2 stream should have a science stream including biology or biotechnology along with Physics and Chemistry. In case of SC/ST category, 40% in board exams, for OBC category its 45 %.
It is compulsory for candidates to appear in the (NEET) National Eligibility and Entrance Examination. NEET is conducted by the National Testing Agency.
All the Government/Private/ Central and Deemed Universities are based on NEET scoring system. The seats for all colleges are offered through counseling based on the basics of Score/Rank. Admission to GMCM is done through All India Medical Counseling with India Quota 15 % and remaining through Kerala State medical counseling.
Kerala NEET counseling
Candidates can visit official website of Commissioner for entrance Examinations, Kerala to get them register for NEET Kerala state counseling.
Government Medical College, Manjeri: Application Process
- Students applying for admission at GMC are required to apply to NEET
- Admission to Government Medical College is provided through All India Medical Counseling.
How to apply?
- After obtaining the result of NEET the candidate has to complete the NEET counseling registration process.
- The final round is followed by seat allotment.
- Candidates are allocated seats as per their performance in the NEET examination and the preferences they entered at the time of choice filling in the form.
- The candidate gets enrolled in one of the NEET participating colleges as per their performance in the NEET examination.
- The admission is only confirmed after the candidate receives the admission fee and reserves the seat.
- The candidate must keep printed copies of the application form and the receipt of the fees submitted.
- Visit the official website of the college.
- Click on the admission enquiry and check for the documents required at the time of admission.
Government Medical College, Manjeri: Facilities
- Hostel: GMCM campus has separate hostels both for Girls and Boys. The boy’s hostel can accommodate 174 boys. The girls' hostel can accommodate 233 girls. Good water facility with hygienic hostel rooms, Air conditioned visitor room and also study room. Government Medical College Hostel has 13 rooms for 55 PG students and 12 rooms for 48 Nurses.
- Library: GMCM has a library with very good infrastructure. There are two types of rooms, where library books are kept, staff and students are not allowed to bring their books, and they can read only library books which are called stack rooms. The other called reading rooms; they can bring their books for reading. The reading room is available for 24 hours and has the capacity of seating for 75 students.
- Canteen: GMCM A canteen is present inside the campus for all students and staff for the food facility.
- Sports: Sports room is also available for playing indoor and outdoor games like chess, table tennis etc.
- Lecture Halls: GMCM has 5 lecture halls, divided into 4 for the Medical College and another for the Hospital. The Medical college halls have seating space for 120 students and hospital theaters have seating space for 150 students. The lecture halls are fully equipped with audio-visual aids such as a microphone, LCD projector, and overhead projector.
- Examination Hall: GMCM has one Examination hall with seating space for 250 students. GMCM examination hall is fully air conditioned and has the facility of CCTV and mobile jammers. It was built in an area of 250 square meters.
- Gym: GMCM has a gym for all the students. Gym has the facilities of Weightlifting, Powerlifting, Cardio, Yoga, 4-Section Machine, etc.
- WiFi Facility
GMCM Affiliated Hospitals
GMCM has 470 beds. GMCM allows 2769 outpatients to cure their disease. The GMCM Hospital has 8 well-equipped operating theaters, divided into 6 for major operations and 2 for small operations.
GMCM hospital provides various departments:
General Medicine, Surgery, Dentistry and Dermatology. GMCMH has some clinical Laboratories. Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, TB & Respiratory Medicine, Orthopedics.
Ques. What is the fee structure of Government Medical College, Manjeri for MBBS?
Ans. A fee structure of Government Medical College, Manjeri is Rs. 23000/-(AIQ) for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Ques. What type of scholarship does Government Medical College, Manjeri provide for the candidates?
Ans. GMC provides college /University Merit Scholarship and also provides scholarship to those students who belong to the economically weaker section of the society .There are other scholarships also which are provided by the Central and State Government.
Ques. What is the student intake per year in Government Medical College, Manjeri through the NEET -UG examination?
Ans. The student intake per year in Government Medical College, Manjeri through the NEET –UG examination is 110 and 520 bedded general hospital at Manjeri.
Ques. Is the entrance exam necessary to get admission to Government Medical College? Which are the accepted entrance exams at GMC?
Ans. Yes, an entrance exam score is necessary to get admission to Government Medical College, Manjeri. GMC accepts NEET score candidates must have 600 marks to get admission. Different states have different ranking and cutoff systems.
Ques. Does GMCM offer any internship?
Ans. Yes, GMCM provides internships. After completing 4 years, 1 year of internship is compulsory for all the students where they are allotted to different departments where they learn to perform various medical procedures.