St. Mary's College is the First Women's College of Thrissur District set by The Congregation of Mother of Carmel (CMC). The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked St. Mary’s College at 55 for the year 2017. The women’s college offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Vocational and Certificate programs. The courses offered include BA, B.Sc., BCA, B.Com, BBA, BSW and BVOC at the Undergraduate level and MA, M.Sc., and M.Com. programs at the postgraduate level. The selection procedure is entirely merit based. The application mode for the admission is both online as well as offline.
St Mary’s College Thrissur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1946 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Calicut University|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Facilities Available||Library, Research Centres, Auditorium, Sports, Community College, Divyang friendly infrastructure|
St Mary’s College Ranking and Awards
The College holds a prestigious NIRF rank of 55 as for the year 2017.
St. Mary’s College has achieved a number of International, National, and State awards in the past years. Below is a list of the awards and medals/s achieved by the College in the previous three years.
|Year||Awards & Medal|
St Mary’s College Thrissur Courses
St. Mary College courses include under graduation, post-Graduation, Certificate, Vocational courses in various streams. This college also offers M.Phil. and Ph.D. in Mathematics. Under graduation, 3 streams in Arts, 4 streams in Science, B.Com BBA, BCA, BSW, B.Voc, are offered. In Post-graduation, 2 streams in Arts, 7 streams in Science, and M.Com are offered. Interested aspirants may refer to the following table for detailed information regarding St. Mary’s College courses.
|BBA (Self- Financing)||
|BSW (Self- Financing)||
There are some courses which are offered in self-financing mode. These are B.A in English, B.Com, B.Sc. in Microbiology, BBA, BSW, M.A in Economics, and M.Sc. in all subjects except Mathematics. For admission in M.Sc. in Biotechnology, the candidate has to score a minimum of 55% in the relevant subjects.
Read More: St Mary’s College Thrissur Fee Structure
St Mary’s College Admission
Admission to St. Mary’s College, Thrissur is merit-based. Students fulfilling eligibility criteria have to fill up the online form as per the University of Calicut. The University uses the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) method for its undergraduate admissions.
How to Apply?
- Go to the official website of the College
- Download and fill the form accordingly
- Make the payment via either online or offline through challan generation
- A merit list is published afterward
- Students have to download interview card
At the time of the interview, candidates must bring the following documents:
- Interview card
- Original Mark sheets from 10th onwards
- Transfer certificate from the last institute attended
- Migration Certificate (If applicable)
- CSS Certificate for (PG Courses)
- Reservation certificate (If applicable)
- NCC/ NSS certificate (If applicable)
Read More: St Mary’s College Thrissur Admission
St Mary’s College Placements
The college has a dedicated Career and Placement Counselling cell which helps students in training for competitive examinations like PSC, bank tests, and administrative services. It also conducts training on personality development. As for the UG graduating batch in 2018-19, 27 students were placed in campus recruitment drive with a median salary of INR 1.44 LPA and 253 students opted for higher studies. As for PG graduating students in 2018-19, 12 students were placed in campus recruitment drive with a median salary of INR 1.47 LPA.
St Mary’s College Scholarships
Students of St. Mary’s College are eligible for applying the following scholarships and financial benefits as per the rules and regulations of Central and State Government.
- Post Matric Scholarship For Minorities (PMS)
- Central Sector Scholarship (CSS)
- State Merit Scholarship (SMS)
- District Merit Scholarship (DMS)
- Merit Scholarship to the Children of School Teachers (MSCT)
- Hindi Scholarship (HS)
- Muslim Nadar Girls Scholarship (MNS)
- Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE)
- Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS)
- C H Muhammedkoya Scholarship (MGS)
- Blind/PH Scholarship (BPHFC)
- Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
- Scholarship for the dependent of Jawans (JS)
- ASPIRE Scholarship (ASPR)
- Post Matric Scholarship For Disabilities (PMSD)
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
Fee reimbursement and Financial Help
Scheduled Castes and other eligible Communities are exempted from paying Monthly stipend. A full Reimbursement of Tuition Fee, Special fee, and examination fee without income limit is also offered.
Eligibility: Students must belong from reserved category/ merit cum means quota and/or as per the scholarship criteria.
Income Limit: For Scheduled & OECs, there is no limit. For students from OBCs & Other reserved categories, it is INR 1 LPA.
St Mary’s College Facilities
- NSS: This College has two Units of NSS, Unit 44 and 220, consisting of a total of 100 students.
- NCC: St. Mary’s College Thrissur has one NCC Unit under 7 Kerala Girls Battalion NCC of 56 cadets. NCC cadets from this College have participated in the prestigious republic day parade at New Delhi.
- Library: St. Mary’s College Library has two parts. One is a traditional library and the other is the Digital library. Students can pursue books, e-pubs, faculty articles from the St. Mary’s College St. Mary’s College Digital Library as per their convenience.
- Research Centres: The College has two research Centres, Marian Research Centre for Mathematics and Marian Centre for Advanced Research.
- Laboratories: The College has well-equipped Biotechnology, Botany, Physics, Chemistry, Microbiology, Zoology, Tissue Culture, and Psychology laboratories.
- Assistance For Differently Abled (ADA) Cell: The College has a dedicated cell for the differently-abled students. In this cell, they are psychologically tested, counseled, and guided properly about their strengths and weaknesses to assist them in making practical career choices. Functional from 2017-18, 10 students have been benefited by this cell to this date.
St Mary’s College Faculty
This college has a prestigious panel of experienced faculties. The current Student-Teacher Ratio of St. Mary’s College is 17:1. The total Faculty Strength of the college is described below.
- Professor/ Dean: 1
- Associate Professor: 2
- Assistant Professor: 76
- Ad hoc/ Contractual Lecturer: 22
- Other: 1
Read More: St Mary’s College Faculty
St Mary’s College FAQs
Ques. What are the vocational courses offered by St. Mary’s College Thrissur?
|Stream||Total Seats||Subjects taught|
|B.VOC in Software Development||50||Fundamentals of Computer & Programming in C
Programming in Java
Basic Networking Concepts
Introduction to RDBMS and SQL
Software Engineering Principles
Advanced Computer Networks
Mobile Software Development using Android / Programming Mobile Application
Internship & Project (900 hrs.)
|B.VOC in Multimedia||50||Fundamentals of Computer
Office Automation & Malayalam Computing
New Media, Internet and Programming Web
Multimedia Tools & Techniques
Photography & Visual Effects
Digital Video Production
Introduction to Animation
Production and Post Production
Advanced Techniques In Graphics and Animation
Media Laws and Ethics
3D, Scripting and Game Development
Internship & Project (900 hrs.)
Ques. Does St. Mary’s College Thrissur offer any certificate course?
- Data Interpretation and Statistical Computation
- Adobe PageMaker
- Food and Nutrition
- Laboratory Design and Safety
- Graphic Designing - Photoshop
- Indian Stock Market
- Learning for Employment and Awareness Programme
- Basic Counseling Skills
- Mushroom Cultivation Techniques
- Graphic Designer cum Camera Assistant
- Junior Programmer
- Research Methodology in Social Science
- Applied Aquaculture
Ques. What skill enhancement courses are offered by St. Mary’s College?
- Hand Embroidery and Fabric Painting
- Basics of Cosmetology
- Basic Numerical Skills
- Self Defence
- Interior Designing
- Clay Craft and Surface Ornamentation
- Applied Psychology for Management
- Legal Information
- Communicative Skills in English
- Butterfly Gardening
- Graphic Designing
Ques. What courses are offered at the Community College of St. Mary’s College?
|Diploma in Content Writing||Duration: 1year (2 Semesters)
Minimum Educational Qualification: +2( Any Stream)
Expected Job Role: Content Writers, Technical Writers, Technical Communicators, Software Documentation Experts, Information Developers, Technical Documentation Specialists, Instructional Designers
Scholarship: INR 1000 month
|Certificate in Recording and Reporting||Duration: 6 months (1 semester)
Minimum educational qualification: Graduation in Commerce or Allied subjects/ Diploma in Commercial Practice
Maximum educational qualification: Master’s degree in Commerce
Expected Job Role: Accounts Executive – Recording and Reporting
Scholarship: INR 1000 month
Ques. What is the fee structure for under graduation and post-graduation courses at the St. Mary’s College?
|Course||Discipline/ Stream offered||Fee|
|Tuition Fee||Special Fee||Caution Money|
|UG Courses||B.A English||8750||-||250|
|B.Sc. Biotechnology||19000/ sem||-||1000|
|PG Courses||MA History||1800||615||600|
|MA Applied Economics||7200/ sem||-||300|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||40000/ sem||-||1500|
|M.Sc. Microbiology||40000/ sem||-||1500|
|M.Sc. Computer Science||21000/ sem||-||1000|
|M.Sc. Psychology||17500/ sem||-||300|
|M.Sc. Botany||22500/ sem||-||1000|
|M.Sc. Chemistry||22500/ sem||-||1000|
Ques. How many seats are there in UG & PG courses at St Mary’s College?
|Course||Discipline/ Stream offered||Total Seats|
|UG Courses||B.A English||30|
|PG Courses||MA History||20|
|MA in Applied Economics||20|
|M.Sc. Computer Science||12|