Goa College of Architecture was established back in 1982. It is the only institute in Goa offering Bachelor studies in Architecture. It offers B.Arch and M.Arch courses. The admission is based on the NATA entrance exam. The minimum eligibility required to apply for admission is 50% aggregate marks in the previous qualifying examination in the relevant subject. The application process is offline.
Goa College of Architecture Highlights
|Established | Type||1982 | Public|
|Affiliated to||Goa University and Directorate of Technical Education|
|Recognized by||Council of Architecture and Indian Institute of Architecture|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Courses offered||B.Arch and M.Arch|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
Goa College of Architecture Courses
|B.Arch.||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed their 12th standard with mathematics having secured at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (NATA)
|M.Arch.||Eligibility: Candidates must have passed their graduation in relevant subject with the required score
Duration:2 years Course-wise
selection criteria: Candidates must have a decent qualifying score at NATA
Specializations: Urban Design, Sustainable Habitat
Read More: Goa College of Architecture Fees
Goa College of Architecture Admission
Admissions to the Goa College of Architecture is based on the marks, candidates receive in their NATA exam
How to Apply? (h4)
- Candidates must download the application form from the website and fill out the form
- Candidates must then send the application form filled with their academic and personal accomplishments.
- When sending out the applications, the candidates must submit the application fees that is INR1200 via demand draft that is drawn in the favour of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji.
Candidates who meet the eligibility and selection requirements will be contacted by the selection list.
Read More: Goa College of Architecture Reviews
Goa College of Architecture Facilities
Goa College of Architecture has various facilities on its campus that are provided to the students. Some of these facilities are
- Infrastructure: Audio-Visual rooms, Computer Lab, Workshop Spaces, Work yards, Studios, and Outdoor working tables which help the students work on their projects as well as provide them with inspiration for their creativity.
- Campus: The college also has an Indoor Auditorium where students can celebrate various functions.
- Hostel: The college offers hostel accommodation for both boys and girls where they can live comfortably in well-equipped and well-spaced areas.
- Canteen: They also are provided with spaces to take a break like a student’s space and canteen with healthy and hygienic food.
- Library: The college also has a Library which gives them all the books they might possibly need and a Conference Room to sit in groups and create ideas.
Read More: Goa College of Architecture Hostel
Goa College of Architecture FAQs
Ques. Does Goa College of Architecture provide placements?
Ans. Goa College of Architecture has no placement service for its students, but they do provide students with a mandatory 6-month internship at any architecture firm in their last year. The college also provides students with many workshops and seminars. Students also get a chance to study from professional architects who are well-versed in their field.
The college provides its students with all the necessary training they might require to get involved with the architecture industry. Students are also given chances to work on their portfolio by exhibiting their skills in the exhibitions and expos set up by the college.
Ques. Where is Goa College of Architecture situated?
Ans. The Goa College of Architecture is located in Panaji, North Goa. The address to the college is: Dr. T.B.Cunha Educational Complex, Altinho, Panaji, Goa. 403001
Ques. Can Non-Resident Indians apply to Goa College of Architecture?
Ans. Non-resident Indians who have an Indian passport have seats reserved for them at the colleges. Nationals from abroad will have to apply to the Government of India.
Ques. How much are the Fees for the course at Goa College of Architecture?
Ans. The course fee at Goa College of Architecture is as follows-
|Course||Admission Fee (One time)||Tuition Fees (Per Semester)||Institutional Fees (Inc. Deposits)||Development Fee (Per Semester)||Hostel Fees (In total)||Total Fees|
|M. Arch||1,800||33, 000||2,700||5,000||4,800||47,300|
Ques. How can I contact Goa College of Architecture?
Ans. Interested candidates can contact the college via phone, fax, or email.
The phone number to contact us +91-0832-2436435
The mail contact is firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
The fax contact is +91-0832-2227144
Ques. Does Goa College of Architecture offer industry exposure?
Ans. Goa College of Architecture offers many opportunities that help the students learn and educate themselves regarding the industry. The college holds expos and exhibitions like the Vistara 2017, that promotes the students to create and expand their portfolios.