Goa University has been established by an Act of Goa Government. It serves as the academic nerve-centre of the higher education system in Goa. It is also an associated member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The University has been set up in 1984 and Operations started on the 1st of June, 1985. Today Goa University has many affiliated colleges. Goa University selects candidates for its courses based on the performance in GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test) which is a centralized entrance test for different all the courses provided by the university.
Goa University Highlights
Year of Establishment
Act of Goa Government 1984
NAAC with ‘A’ grade
UGC(University Grant Commission)
No. of Affiliated Colleges
Taleigao Plateau, Goa, India, 403206
How to Reach
32 Kms from Madgaon Railway Station
Goa University Courses
Goa University offers both UG and PG Courses in various disciplines. At the undergraduate level, Goa University offers courses in 13 specialised fields. The university not only provides full-time courses but also offers PGDM and Doctorate Courses.
Goa University MBA
With the objective of building competency in students to effectively undertake entry-level or junior management level managerial jobs in the organization, Goa University has started offering a 2-year full time Masters in Business Administration (MBA) professional course.
Graduates in any stream including Commerce, Science, Arts, Engineering, Management and Professionals like CS, CA, ICWA, CMA, CAIIB and CFA, who have completed their graduation from Goa University or any other recognized University in India or abroad are eligible to apply for the course. Those who are in final year of their graduation can also apply.
Goa University PhD.
The university started offering Doctorate Courses to the students. Goa University focuses on qualifying their students to teach their chosen subject at the university level or to work in a specialized position in their chosen field.
- Candidate should possess master’s degree in the concerned branch with a minimum of 55% marks/second class pass (50% for SC/ST/PD/VH/ in-service candidates of Goa University or its affiliated colleges) /equivalent grade from Goa University /any other recognized University.
- Students having B.Com. Degree with minimum 50% aggregate of marks in the first attempt and a pass in the professional examinations conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) are also eligible to apply.
Goa University Admission 2017
Goa University offers various courses in its postgraduate, undergraduate and research programmes. Goa Application Process is available in both online and offline mode and candidates can obtain the application form either from the official website or directly from the university campus.
Goa University Admission Process
Goa University selects its candidates for its courses based on the performance in GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test) which is a centralized entrance test for different UG & PG courses. The application process for GCET has already begun and interested candidates can apply through the official website. The university also offers reservation of seats for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and other categories.
Know more Goa University Admission
GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam. It is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education or DTE every year in Goa. Candidates who want to appear in this state level entrance exam must fill GCET Application Form or before the due date.
Candidates can download the GCET Admit Card from the official website
Goa University Awards
- Late Shri V. M. Salgaonkar Memorial Award -- M.B.B.S, LL.B, B.E. ( Mechanical)
- Prof. D. B. Wagh and Hira Waugh Award -- M.Sc Maths/Physics
Goa University Scholarship
- Colgate Gold Medal - B.D.S.
- Doctors Goa, USA Prize - M.B.B.S.
- Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India Gold Medal - M. Pharmacy
- Coca-Cola Merit or Scholarship or Award Students of the Departments of Chemistry or Commerce - M. Sc. Part I & II, M. Com. Part-I & II