Table of Contents
NATA 2020: Result Test-2 (Declared), Score Card, Merit List, Cutoff and Counselling
NATA 2020 Result for Test -2 has been declared on September 18, 2020. The exam was conducted successfully on September 12, 2020. Result for Test-1 has been declared online on September 4, 2020. Candidates can visit the official website nata.in. to download their scorecard which includes the details like marks obtained by the candidate, qualifying status, and rank. Candidates require to score the minimum qualifying marks i.e. 32 out of 125 in Test-1 and 18 out of 75 in Test-2. Check NATA 2020 Result
- Along with the declaration of result, the response sheet for Test-1 has been released which will help candidates to calculate their rough score. Check NATA 2020 Response Sheet
- NATA 2020 second phase or test-2 was conducted on September 12, 2020
- Candidates can download NATA 2020 Admit Card for Test-2 from September 10, 2020.
- NATA Test 2 was conducted in 3 sessions. Session 1 and 3 will be conducted in CBT mode and session 2 in HBT mode.
- NATA cut off marks will be declared by the council soon after the release of test 2 results. The cut off will be released based on the overall marks out of 200.
According to the notice released by authorities, the aspirants can appear for NATA 2020 from their Home or they can appear at the allotted center if they do not have network connectivity or technical resources such as a laptop and webcam. Also from this year, candidates will be allowed to exit the B.Arch program at the end of three years, with the University awarding an appropriate degree. Read More
- CoA has also released a revised NATA Syllabus and mode of exam. Earlier Part A i.e. Drawing Test was conducted in an offline mode but from this year this paper it is decided to conduct it in online mode.
- NATA 2020 Exam Pattern has also been revised. Part A is now of Drawing with 3 questions of 125 marks. Part B will have PCM questions instead of Mathematics and General Aptitude-Logical Reasoning with 50 questions of 75 marks.
According to NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria, candidates passed or appearing in 10+2 with PCM or 10+3 with Mathematics as a compulsory subject are eligible to apply for the course. Unlike JEE Main B.Arch admission process, there is no centralized counseling for NATA Aspirants. Qualified candidates have to directly report to the college/institute of their choice for the admission process. Read the full article to know more about NATA 2020 Exam Schedule, Syllabus, cut off, and much more.
NATA 2020 – Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|NATA Official Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
Part A- Drawing (Online)
Part B- PCM and Aptitude Test (Online)
|Score Validity||One Year only|
|NATA Helpdeskemail@example.com | 01179412100|
Important Dates of NATA 2020
COA has released the official notification of NATA 2020 on February 1, 2020. The official dates of other important events related to the exam are tabulated below:
|Event||Date (Phase I)||Date (Phase II)|
|Availability of NATA Application Form||July 25, 2020||Available|
|Last Date to Register||August 16, 2020 (Till 11:59 PM)||September 06, 2020 (Upto 12 Noon)|
|Last Date to Upload Images||August 16, 2020 (Till 11:59 PM)||September 06, 2020 (Upto 12 Noon)|
|Printing of Confirmation Page||August 16, 2020 (Till 11:59 PM)||September 10, 2020 (Upto 12 Noon)|
Form Correction Window
(Already registered candidates)
|July 25 to August 16, 2020||To be notified soon|
|Availability of NATA Admit Card||August 25, 2020||September 10, 2020|
|Date and Time of Examination||August 29, 2020 (10 AM to 12 Noon and 12:30 pm to 2:30 PM)||September 12, 2020|
|Declaration of NATA Result||September 04, 2020 (Out)||September 18, 2020 (Announced)|
NATA 2020 Result
NATA 2020 Result for the test-1 has been released online on September 14, 2020. Candidates need to enter the login credentials created at the time of registration to access the results. The result for test-2 will be released on September 17, 2020. Check NATA 2020 Result for Test-1
How to Check NATA Result 2020?
- Visit the official website of NATA.
- Click on “Download scorecard for NATA 2020”
- Login with the credentials: Application Number and Password
- Enter the captcha provided
- Click on Login
- Download the NATA 2020 scorecard.
Qualifying Marks for NATA 2020:
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (32 out of 125)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (18 out of 75)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council
Note: Candidates failing to satisfy the above-mentioned conditions will not be considered as a qualified candidate in NATA.
NATA 2020 Response Sheet
The authorities have released the response sheet for Test-1 along with the declaration of result. The response sheet will have the response marked by the candidates which candidates compare with the correct answers with the help of NATA 2020 Anwer keys when released. Know More
- It must be noted that Council of Architecture (CoA) will release NATA 2020 answer key only after taking into consideration the challenges received against the provisional answer key.
- Also, there will be no review available for the drawing test and no provision for post-publication review.
How to use NATA Response Sheet?
For calculating the score using NATA answer key, candidates have to use the marking scheme of the exam. Each correct answer will give 2 marks and there is no negative marking for attempting an incorrect answer. To calculate the score, candidates can use the formula given below:
NATA 2020 total score in Part A = 2 or 1 X (No. of correct answers marked in the exam)
NATA 2020 total score in Part B = 1.5 X (No. of correct answers marked in the exam)
NATA Re-Test for Candidates
The authorities have released a notice in which some clarification is given regarding the re-test and some other issues. Read More
- NATA Test 2 will be conducted in 3 sessions on Sep 12, 2020. Session 1 and 3 will be conducted in CBT mode and session 2 in HBT mode.
- The re-test will be conducted on the same date i.e. Sep12, 2020, and if in case candidates have registered for test 2 also then they will be provided different sessions.
- No fees will be charged from candidates who are appearing for re-test.
- HBT candidates who have been provided the chance to appear for re-test need to appear for the test in the CBT mode only. These candidates are also suggested to take the second test in CBT mode only if opted.
- Also, CBT candidates who have in case changed their preference from CBT to HBT for the second test are suggested to appear for CBT mode only.
- Candidates will be informed about their test centers etc through admit card and no request for a change in the center, rescheduling of re-test, etc will be entertained.
Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2020
Before applying for the examination, candidates must fulfill the required eligibility criteria which are given below:
- Age Criteria: There is no Age limit to apply for National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
- Qualifying Examination: Passed in 10+2 scheme of examination or 10+3 diploma examination. Candidates appearing in 2020 are also eligible to apply for NATA. International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- Qualifying Exam Subjects: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and 10+3 Diploma holders (any stream)/ appearing recognized by Central/ State Government with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Art Stream Candidates: Candidates having Art Stream are also eligible if they have qualified Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects conducted by CBSE.
NATA 2020 Application Form
How to fill NATA 2020 Application Form?
Filling up the Application Form is interactive in nature by following some simple steps. The process is completely online and is as follows:
Step 1: Visit NATA Official Website nata.in and navigate to Online Application 2020.
Step 2: Fill personal details like name, parents name, DoB, correspondence address likewise. 8 digit numeric Application Number will be generated for the candidate. After which applicants have to choose a password and security question for further login.
Step 3: Login again using the credentials (Application Number and Password) and upload the images in the specified format. Scanned recent colour photograph, preferably in white background and clear signature on white paper in jpg/ jpeg format has to be uploaded.
How to Upload Images in NATA 2020 Application Form?
|Photograph||4 kb to 100 kb||4.5 cm x 3.5 cm|
|Signature||1 kb to 30 kb||1.5 cm x 3.5 cm|
Step 4: Mention Academic details, Qualifying Examination marks, and subjects carefully to proceed further.
Step 5: Payment of NATA Application Fee is the last step to successfully complete the application form.
Application Fee for NATA 2020
|Category||One Attempt||Both the Attempts|
|Unreserved||INR 2000/-||INR 3800/-|
|SC/ ST||INR 1700/-||INR 3100/-|
|Exam Center Outside India||INR 10,000/-||INR 18,000/-|
Candidates can make payment through online mode (Electronic Payment Gateway) using debit card/credit card and net banking. There is no need to send the NATA application form through offline mode or by post.
Step 6: A confirmation Page that is considered as a proof of Registration and successful submission of Application Form. Candidates are advised to take a print out of the same for future references.
NATA 2020 Admit Card
NATA 2020 Admit Card
CoA will issue NATA hall ticket for all the successfully registered candidates soon for the first phase. In order to access the admit card, candidates need to enter the registration number and password. The following details will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photo and Signature
- Roll Number
- Exam Date and Time
- Exam Venue and Reporting Time
- Exam Day instructions
Important Points related to NATA Admit Card 2020
- One Photo ID Proof (Voter ID, Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ e-Aadhar, or any other ID) must be carried along with the hall ticket at the exam center.
- Ensure that the photo and signature printed on hall tickets are not mutilated/ distorted etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the completion of the admission procedure.
- Failing to produce the document at the time of NATA 2020, the candidature will stand canceled.
- In case of any discrepancy, call on 011 79412100 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NATA 2020 Exam Centers
For the 2020 session, it is expected that there will be 190 exam centers. Allocation of Exam Center is subject to the availability of more than 200 candidates at a particular exam center/ city. The discretion lies with the Council of Architecture. There is a provision to select Dubai as an Exam center preference. Candidates who choose Dubai as their exam center must choose two more centers as alternatives.
- The Council reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Council reserves the right to allot any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
NATA 2020 Examination Schedule
NATA 2020 Schedule of Examination
As per the earlier schedule released by CoA for NATA 2020, the exam day would be followed by events as mentioned in the table below. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, it is likely that exam proceedings may change. Candidates must note the NATA 2020 Phase 1 (Drawing Test) will be conducted in online mode.
|Exam Timing||Exam Duration||Section/ Part||Number of Questions and Marks||Total|
|10 am to 12.15 pm||135 Minutes||Part A (Online) Drawing Test||3 questions of 35 marks, 35 marks and 55 marks||125 Marks|
|Intermission Period of 15 minutes (12.15 pm to 12.30 pm)|
|12.30 pm to 1.15 pm||45 Minutes||Part B (Online): PCM||15 Questions x 1.5 marks||75 Marks|
|PART B: General Aptitude-Logical Reasoning||35 Questions x 1.5 Marks|
Note: Candidates aiming to appear for both the sessions should note that the exam schedule is the same for both April and May sessions.
Revised Exam Pattern of NATA
Revised Exam Pattern of NATA 2020
The Council of Architecture or COA defines the exam pattern for NATA exam. It has been revised form 2020 session onwards. Highlights of the exam are as follows:
- NATA 2020 will be conducted in two parts namely Part A and Part B.
- Part A comprises of 3 Drawing questions to be answered in online mode on A4 size drawing sheets.
- Part B will have 50 Objective questions on PCM and General Aptitude-Logical Reasoning.
Sectional Distributions is outlined below:
|Part Name||Section Name||No. of Questions X Marks|
|Part A||Drawing||2 x 35 1 x 55|
|Part B||PCM||15 x 1.5|
|General Aptitude||35 x 1.5|
|Total||53 Questions = 200 marks|
Important Things to know about NATA 2020
- Twice a year: NTA holding JEE Main paper twice a year from last year, 2 candidates for B.Arch admission got a chance to attempt the exam twice and improve their score. Thus, CoA also decided to announce NATA to be held twice a year.
- Admission Process: There is no centralized counselling for the candidates seeking admission in colleges based on NATA score. The qualified candidates have to report to the college/institute of their choice for admission as per the admission criteria of the respective institute/college.
- Two NATA 2020 exams: Aspirants can apply for admission in the colleges with score of any of the two NATA exams that he appears for. However, if a candidate attempts both April and July session, the best score out of both will be used for admission. It is not compulsory to appear for both exams.
Also Check: Comparison between NATA & JEE Main B.Arch Paper
NATA 2020 Revised Syllabus
NATA 2020 Syllabus
NATA Syllabus for Part A (Drawing Test) has been revised. CoA will release NATA syllabus on the official website. Important topics are elaborated below:
NATA Syllabus for Drawing Test (Revised)
- Understanding the important visual principles in a composition (2D & 3D) such as rhythm, balance, directions, hierarchy, etc.
- Understanding Geometry and the ability to visualize the shape and solve geometrical puzzles to test special intelligence.
- Understanding the color theory and the various terminologies to test color scheme awareness and knowledge.
- Visual system interpretation, and perception to test graphical similarities and other properties; Ability to understand the spatial relationship between objects and to visualize images and scenarios; Tests for cognitive ability perception, attention, recognition, memory, etc.
NATA Syllabus for Mathematics
|Coordinate Geometry||3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry|
|Theory of Calculus||Application of Calculus|
|Permutation and combination||Statistics and Probability|
NATA Syllabus for General Aptitude
- Objects or texture related to architecture and the built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from a two-dimensional drawing.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.
Recommended Books for NATA 2020
|A Visual Dictionary of Architecture||Francis D.K Ching|
|A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch 2020||PK Mishra|
|NATA & B.Arch Question Bank||Ar. Shadan Usmani|
|High Algebra||Hall & Knight|
|NATA Examination (Verbal/Non-Verbal/Reasoning)||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Self-Preparation Guide B.Arch Entrance Examination||GK Publication|
How is NATA Drawing Test Scored?
The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in a visually appealing manner;
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- A sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating an interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colors in a given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Best Coaching Institutes for NATA
To prepare for the entrance examination like NATA, some students may choose the self-study mode while some prefer opting coaching institutes for preparation. Keeping this in view we will make it easier for you by suggesting some of the best coaching institutes for NATA 2020. These coaching institutes will help the aspirants in countering their difficulties and will also help them n organizing their preparation strategy for the examination.
To get admission to the architecture courses and to prepare for it, the right guidance is required to clear and qualify the exam. That’s why coaching institutes play a major and even helps candidates to achieve their goals. Some of the coaching institutes are mentioned below:
|Coaching Institutes for NATA 2020|
|NATA Study Center, New Delhi||Apex Studio Architecture|
|Tri Arch Studio||Amity Institute for Competitive Examinations|
|Bhardwaj Classes||Pahal Kolkata- India’s Best NIFT, NID, NATA, UCEED Coaching|
|SILICA-Your Design Career Guide, Mumbai||Erudite Education, Kolkata|
|Giraffe Learning, Bangalore||Tattva Learning Centre, Bangalore|
|Inspiration Art & Education, Jaipur||PTR Educational Academy, Hyderabad|
|Primo Institute of Design, Hyderabad||Radiance Academy of Design, Jaipur|
NATA 2020 Cutoff
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2020 Cutoff will be released after the declaration of NATA 2020 result by the conducting authorities. In order to become eligible for the different Architecture Institutes in India, candidates have to meet the minimum required cut off marks by the participating colleges. Council of Architecture (CoA) will release the section-wise cutoff of NATA 2020 in online mode.
Some Colleges that are accepting NATA score will also release their opening and closing rank on their official website. NATA Aspirants are required to score the qualifying marks first and then they will have to meet the cutoff marks released by the colleges to get admission into B.Arch programme.
The qualifying cutoff of NATA 2020 is tabulated below:
|Subject||Qualifying Marks||Cutoff Marks|
|Mathematics and General Aptitude||30||120|
|Overall Qualifying marks||70||200|
NATA 2020 Counselling Process
- There is no national-level centralized NATA counselling.
- Universities/colleges and institutes that offer B.Arch/B. Planning programs will be conducting NATA 2020 counselling separately.
- The admission authorities will conduct NATA 2020 counselling after the declaration of result by COA.
- Candidates who wish to participate in NATA counselling 2020 must check and meet the eligibility criteria of the university/college to which they are applying for.
- There are more than 400 institutes that accept the NATA score and these colleges/institutes in different states will hold the counselling for NATA 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2020 Counselling
- In addition to qualifying in NATA 2020, it is essential for candidates to meet the eligibility criteria of the institute they are seeking admissions in.
- The eligibility criteria will be different from state to state and university to university.
- It is important for the candidates to read and understand the requisite eligibility criteria before applying.
Documents Required for NATA Counselling 2020
During NATA 2020 Counselling, candidates will have to carry their original documents along with the two sets of photocopies. The documents are listed below:
- NATA 2020 Admit Card
- NATA 2020 Score Card
- Class 10 and 12 marks sheet and pass certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate for PwD Certificate
NATA V/s JEE Main B.Arch
Difference Between NATA and JEE Main B.Arch Paper
National Test Agency (NTA) conducts JEE Main B.Arch Paper whereas, NATA is conducted by the Council of Architecture (CoA). These are National level entrance exam conducted to offer admission into Engineering and B.Arch programmes. JEE Main B.Arch Paper offers admission to the qualified candidates in various prestigious institutes like IITs, NITs, IIITs, IIEST, and other GFTIs whereas, NATA offers admission to the qualified candidates in NATA score accepting colleges like School of Planning and Architecture, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, etc. There are a few of the major differences in each of the entrance exams that are mentioned below:
|Differences||JEE Main B.Arch||NATA|
|Subjects||General Aptitude, Drawing and Mathematics||Drawing, General Aptitude and Physics, Chemistry,Maths|
|Number of Questions||Total of 83 (Aptitude consist of 50 questions, Mathematics has 30 and drawing consist of 3 questions)||Total of 53 (Aptitude consists 35 questions, Mathematics has 15 questions and drawing consists 3 questions)|
|Medium of Examination||English, Hindi, and Gujarati for candidates belonging to Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Nagar Haveli.||English|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours||3 Hours (Part A- 135 minutes and Part B- 45 minutes)|
|Mode of Exam|
For Mathematics & Aptitude- Online
For Drawing- Offline
For Part A- Offline
Part B- Online
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer||1.5 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. There is no negative marking|
|Total Marks||390 marks||200 marks (Part A contains 125 marks and Part B contains 75 marks)|
|Qualifying Marks||There are no qualifying marks||Candidates have to secure a minimum of 25% in MCQ as well as in Drawing section|
Top Colleges accepting NATA Score
There are 300 Universities and Colleges in India that accept NATA score for the candidates seeking admission into the 5 year B Arch program. There are various colleges that have secured an excellent position in the 2019 NIRF ranking. The list of institutes that accept NATA score is given below:
- Indian Insitute of Technology, Kharagpur: This institute is the third oldest technical institute in India. It has secured the first position in NIRF 2019 and is considered as the best architecture college in India,
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee: Another best architecture institute in India is IIT Roorkee that has been ranked second by NIRF with a score of 78.33. It is recognized internationally and has been ranked 381st Internationally in the QS World University Rankings.
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut: This Institute has been ranked third by NIRF and is famous for architecture studies.
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi: It is a deemed university and a member of AIU which is considered as one of the best architecture colleges in India. It has been ranked fourth by NIRF with a score of 62.49.
- College of Engineering, Trivandrum: The institute is affiliated to AKTU- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University and is considered to be one of the best institutes in India for engineering and architecture courses. It has been ranked fifth by NIRF with a score of 59.57.
Frequently Asked Questions
NATA 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the release date of NATA 2020 Result?
Ans. The result for test-1 has been released at the official website on September 4, 2020 and the result for the test is scheduled to be released on September 17, 2020.
Ques. How will the candidate be assessed through the drawing test in NATA 2020?
Ans. Candidates will be assessed on the following parameters through the drawing test:
- Ability to sketch a given object’s proportionately and rendering the same in a visual manner
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on an object
- Sense of perspective
- Combing given 3D elements to form a building or structural form
- Creating 2D compositions using given shapes and forms
- Creating visual harmony using colors
- Understanding scale & proportions
- Drawing the day to day life experiences based on memory
Ques. What will all things be displayed in NATA Result 2020?
Ans. The NATA scorecard released will display:
- Marks scored in each section
- Overall Marks
- Passed/ Fail
Ques. Is NATA mandatory to study Architecture in India?
Ans. No, NATA is not the only architecture entrance test conducted in India, though most of the colleges across the country accept NATA score. JEE Main Paper 2 is also conducted for B.Arch and B. Planning courses admission in NITs, IITs, and GFTIs. So its a gateway to most of the architecture colleges in India but not mandatory.
Ques. Is Exam Pattern of NATA and JEE Main Paper 2 the same?
|Exam Pattern||JEE Main Paper 2||NATA|
|Mode of Exam||Mathematics and Aptitude are Computer Based while Drawing will be conducted in Online mode.||PCM and Aptitude are Computer-Based and Drawing is also Computer-Based Test.|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours||3 Hour 15 Minutes (Intermission period of 15 minutes between 2 papers)|
|Subjects||Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing||PCM, Aptitude, and Drawing|
|Total Questions||Maths: 20 MCQ and 5 Numerical Questions Aptitude: 50 MCQs Drawing: 2 Questions||Drawing: 3 Questions PCM: 15 Questions Aptitude: 35 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||MCQ: 4 Marks for Every correct Answer, -1 for Incorrect Answer Numerical Answer Type: +4 for Correct answer with no Negative Marking Drawing: 2 Questions of 100 Marks each||Part A Drawing: 125 Marks Part B: Aptitude: 75 Marks|
|Medium of Exam||English, Hindi or Gujrati||English only|
Ques. What are the qualifying marks in NATA?
Ans. candidates can appear for the counselling only if they secure the following scores:
- Minimum 25% marks in MCQs (30 out of 120)
- Minimum 25% marks in Drawing Test (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks out of 200 will be based on post-exam statistics and the discretion of Council
Ques. Where can I take NATA 2020?
Ans. Architecture aspirants can take the test at iON proctored assessment centers which are spread across all the major cities in India and in Dubai. Check NATA Exam Center
Ques. I did not have Mathematics in my qualifying examination. Can I register or appear for NATA?
Ans. No, having Mathematics in 10+2 or Diploma program is necessary. Without this subject, you can not fill in NATA Application Form.
Ques. What is the fee for NATA 2020?
Ans. The fee differs as per candidate’s category,
- General Category – INR 2000 (inclusive of bank charges)
- SC/ ST Category – INR 1700 (inclusive of bank charges)
Ques. Is there any provision to reschedule NATA 2020?
Ans. No, as the exam is conducted only on one day all over the country, rescheduling the examination is not possible.
Ques. Can I take the exam in some other city or center other than the one assigned by the Council?
Ans. Once the choice is made by CoA, no changes will be entertained.
Ques. Can I use a scale or any kind of instrument in NATA Drawing Test?
Ans. No, the test has to be done freehand, therefore no use of a scale or any other instrument is prohibited.
Ques. What do I have to report early to the exam center?
Ans. Candidates are required to report at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the examination commences. This is because of the procedure to verify candidate’s identity and taking the biometrics before final allocation of seat in the examination center. The entire process of verification will take a minimum of 2 hours if the centers are large.
Ques. Is bringing a calculator to the examination center allowed?
Ans. No, all the electronic devices including calculators, mobile phones etc are prohibited inside the examination hall.
Ques. If I have completed my examination, can I leave the hall early?
Ans. No, candidates have to stay inside the examination hall until the examination concludes.
Ques. What will be the duration of NATA?
Ans. The test will be conducted for a duration of 3 hours. Part A must be attempted within 90 minutes and Part B must be attempted within the next 90 minutes. There is no extra timing for PWD category candidates.
Ques. Is the marking scheme for NATA same as the previous year?
Ans. Yes, no new changes have been introduced in NATA marking scheme. For the objective test candidates will be awarded 2 marks for every correct answer.
Ques. Will there be any negative marking for incorrect answers?
Ans. No, there will be no negative marking for unanswered or incorrect answers.
Ques. Are there any centers in foreign cities? And is the examination fee different for the exam center?
Ans. Yes, the exam will also be conducted in Dubai. Candidates opting for Dubai as their exam center have to pay an additional fee of INR 8000.
Ques. Is it required to send the hard copy of filled in the application form?
Ans. No, candidates need not send any hard copies to the exam conducting authorities. The entire application process will be online.
Ques. What is the general difficulty level of the test?
Ans. Keeping in view, the previous year's trends of NATA, the exam is of moderate to difficult level.
Ques. Will the test be conducted online or offline?
Ans. From this year onwards, NATA 2020 will be conducted in an online mode only.
Ques. What if two candidates secure the same rank in the test?
Ans. In case, two candidates securing similar marks and appearing for counselling, preference will be given to the candidates having higher marks in the qualifying academic exam.
Ques. Who do I contact in case of any queries for NATA 2020?
Ans. The solution to any query can be addressed via email (email@example.com) once the registration window becomes functional.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College