NATA 2019 Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
NATA 2019: The Council of Architecture (COA) will conduct NATA 2019 tentatively in the last week of April 2019. The exam will be held in 2 parts, Part A (Maths and General Aptitude – Online) and Part B (Drawing – Offline). Intermediate graduates or Diploma holders seeking admissions to 5-year Architecture Program offered across the country could apply online at learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2019.
|NATA 2019 Application Form||NATA Eligibility Criteria||NATA Admission Criteria||NATA Admit Card|
- The result of NATA 2019 will be declared around the first week of June, in the form of score cards.
- To qualify in NATA, candidates are required to meet three conditions – score minimum 25% marks in MCQ and Drawing portions, and score equal to or more than overall qualifying marks (out of 200).
- Candidates who qualify in NATA 2019 will be eligible for admission in recognized Architectural Institutions across the country.
What is New in NATA 2019?
- NATA 2019 Official Website – the official website of the exam is www.learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2019.
- NATA Mock Test 2019 are now available, enter your Registration No. and Password to access it. Practice with NATA Sample Papers
- NATA 2019 Application Fee – General INR 1800 from INR 1250 and SC/ ST INR 1500 from INR 950. The fee is inclusive of bank charges.
- Application Fee can also be paid online through State Bank of India/Bill Desk payment gateway (debit card/credit card/net banking).
- NATA Exam Centers – Choosing Dubai as an exam center, an additional fee of INR 8000 has to be paid. Check NATA 2019 Exam Centers
- NATA Score Validity – Only for the academic year 2019 – 20.
- Aadhaar Card number has been made mandatory for registrations.
NATA 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Official Website||www.nata.in OR www.learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2019|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Expected Registration for NATA 2019||60000+|
|Exam Date||April 29, 2019|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen – Paper Based|
|Score Validity||One year only|
|NATA Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | 01179412100|
NATA 2019 Exam Dates
COA released the official notification of NATA 2019 on January 3, 2019. Tabulated below are other important events related to the exam.
|Availability of NATA Application Form||January 18 – March 30, 2019|
|Availability of NATA Admit Card||April 17, 2019|
|Date and Time of Examination|
April 29, 2019 (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)
|Declaration of NATA Result||June 4, 2019|
NATA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the examination, there are certain parameters that a candidate must fulfil. They are as follows:
- 10+2 graduates or appearing with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
- 10+3 Diploma holders (any stream)/ appearing recognised by Central/ State Government with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- There is no minimum age limit for appearing in NATA 2019 if the candidate satisfies NATA Eligibility Criteria
There are not any lateral admission criteria for admission in any stage/year of B.Arch course.
NATA 2019 Application Form
Date of NATA 2019 Application Form – January 18 to March 30
Application Form for NATA 2019 will be available online. Candidates can register themselves at NATA Official Website before the registration window closes. Follow the steps mentioned below to register:
Step 1: Visit NATA Official Website Candidates
Step 2: Click ‘Register Now’ and fill in the mandatory details.
Step 3: Enter User ID and Password to log in again.
Step 4: Fill Online Application Form ( Personal Details; Communicating Address; Choice of Examination Center; Academic Details)
Step 5: Scan and Upload required documents (Photo, Signature and Community Certificate).
Step 6: Payment of NATA Application Fee and Submit.
NATA 2019 Admit Card
Release of NATA Admit Card 2019 – April 17, 2019
CoA will issue the hall ticket to all the successfully registered candidate online. The document will be generated according to the schedule notified indicating the examination center for NATA 2019. Enter Registration No. and password to access NATA Admit Card consisting the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photo and Signature
- Roll Number
- Exam Date and Time
- Exam Venue and Reporting Time
- Exam Day instructions
Important Points related to Admit Card
- One Photo ID Proof – Voter ID, Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ e-Aadhar must be carried along with the document at the exam center
- Ensure that the photo and signature printed on hall ticket are not mutilated/ distorted etc.
- Preserve the ticket till the completion of admission procedure.
- Failing to produce the document at the time of NATA 2019, the candidature will stand cancelled.
- In case of any discrepancy, call on 011 79412100 or email at email@example.com
NATA Exam Center 2019
For this year, there are 136 exam centers for NATA 2019. Candidates who choose Dubai as their exam center must choose two more center.
- The Council reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Council reserves the right to allot any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
The following map indicates exam venues for NATA 2019:
NATA 2019 Exam Pattern
NATA 2019 Exam Date – April 29, 2019
The Council of Architecture or CoA defines the exam pattern for NATA exam. Highlights of the exam are as follows:
- NATA 2019 is conducted in two parts namely Part A and Part B.
- Part A comprises 60 questions that are objective in nature.
- Part B has two questions to be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
Sectional Distributions is outlined below:
|Part Name||Section Name||No. of Questions * Marks|
|Total||62 Questions = 200 marks|
NATA 2019 Syllabus
NATA Syllabus has not seen any changes over the years. CoA has also released the official syllabus on the official website. Important topics are elaborated below:
NATA Syllabus for Mathematics
|Coordinate Geometry||3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry|
|Theory of Calculus||Application of Calculus|
|Permutation and combination||Statistics and Probability|
NATA Syllabus for General Aptitude
- Objects or texture related to architecture and built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from a two-dimensional drawing.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.
Syllabus for Drawing Test
- Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast, conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory,
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract, form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, generating a plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, sketching of urbanscape and landscape common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
Ques. What is the procedure to give marks or judge the drawing aptitude of a candidate?
Ans. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner;
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- A sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating an interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Note: The answer to each drawing question will be examined by more than one examiner independently.
NATA 2019 Result
Date of NATA 2019 Result – June 4, 2019
- NATA result will be declared at the official website i.e. learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2019.
- Enter login credentials created at the time of registration to access the results.
The results will be available as follows:
- Marks obtained in each Part i.e. Part A and Part B
- Marks obtained out of 200
- Qualifying status i.e. Pass or Fail
Qualifying Marks for NATA 2019:
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council
Note: Candidates failing to satisfy the above-mentioned conditions will not be considered as a qualified candidate in NATA.
How to Check NATA Result?
- Visit the official website of NATA.
- Click on “Download scorecard for NATA 2019”
- Login with the credentials: Candidate ID and Password
- Enter the captcha provided
- Download the NATA 2019 scorecard.
CheckNATA 2019 Results
NATA 2019 Counselling Process
Date of NATA Counselling – July 2019
- Universities/colleges and states that offer B.Arch programs will be conducting NATA 2019 counselling separately.
- The admission authorities will conduct NATA 2019 counselling after the declaration of result by COA.
- Candidates who wish to participate in NATA counselling 2019 must check and meet the eligibility criteria of the university/college to which they are applying for.
- There are more than 400 institutes that accept the NATA score and these colleges/institutes in different states will hold the counselling for NATA 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2019 Counselling
- In addition to qualifying in NATA 2019, it is essential for candidates to meet the eligibility criteria of the institute they are seeking admissions in.
- The eligibility criteria will be different from state to state and university to university.
- It is important for the candidates to read and understand the requisite eligibility criteria before applying.
Documents Required for NATA Counselling 2019
During NATA 2019 Counselling, candidates will have to carry their original documents along with the two set of photocopies. The documents are listed below:
- NATA 2019 Admit Card
- NATA 2019 Score Card
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheet and pass certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate for PwD Certificate
NATA 2019 FAQs
Ques. What is NATA?
Ans. National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is conducted by CoA since 2006 as a single entrance window for admission to first-year architecture course. The national level exam is a common aptitude test in Architecture to facilitate institutions, students and public for admissions to the first year of five-year B.Arch program in all the recognized institutes across the country. The purpose is to avoid any multiple aptitude tests for the course admission.
Ques. What is the validity of NATA score?
Ans. NATA Scores are valid for admissions to B.Arch. program only for the academic session 2019- 19.
Ques. What is the official website of NATA 2019?
Ans. The official website of NATA is https://learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2019.
Ques. Where can I take NATA 2019?
Ans. Architecture aspirants can take the test at iON proctored assessment centers which are spread across all the major cities in India and in Dubai. Check NATA Exam Center
Ques. I did not have Mathematics in my qualifying examination. Can I register or appear for NATA?
Ans. No, having Mathematics in 10+2 or Diploma program is necessary. Without this subject, you can not fill in NATA Application Form.
Ques. What is the fee for NATA 2019?
Ans. The fee differs as per candidate’s category,
- General Category – INR 1800 (inclusive of bank charges)
- SC/ ST Category – INR 1500 (inclusive of bank charges)
Ques. Due to some unavoidable reason, I will not be able to appear for NATA 2019. Will I get a refund for the application fee?
Ans. No, under no circumstances the application fee for the exam is refundable.
Ques. Is there any provision to reschedule the exam?
Ans. No, as the exam is conducted only on one day all over the country, rescheduling the examination is not possible.
Ques. Can I take the exam in some other city or center other than the one assigned by the Council?
Ans. Once the choice is made by CoA, no changes will be entertained.
Ques. Can I use a scale or any kind of instruments in NATA Drawing Test?
Ans. No, the test has to be done freehand, therefore no use of scale or any other instrument is prohibited.
Ques. What do I have to report early to the exam center?
Ans. Candidates are required to report at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the examination commence. This is because of the procedure to verify candidate’s identity and taking the biometrics before final allocation of seat in the examination center. The entire process of verification will take a minimum of 2 hours if the centers are large.
Ques. Is bringing a calculator to the examination center allowed?
Ans. No, all the electronic devices including calculators, mobile phones etc are prohibited inside the examination hall.
Ques. If I have completed my examination, can I leave the hall early?
Ans. No, candidates have to stay inside the examination hall until the examination concludes (9:30 to 12:30).
Ques. I am an NRI candidate and I do not have Aadhaar Card. What should I do?
Ans. In this case, you are required to provide your Passport Number.
Ques. What will be the duration of NATA?
Ans. The test will be conducted for the duration of 3 hours. Part A must be attempted within 90 minutes and Part B must be attempted within next 90 minutes. There is no extra timing for PWD category candidates.
Ques. Is the marking scheme for NATA same as previous year?
Ans. Yes, no new changes have been introduced in NATA marking scheme. For the objective test candidates will be awarded 2 marks for every correct answer.
Ques. Will there be any negative marking for incorrect answers?
Ans. No, there will be no negative marking for unanswered or incorrect answers.
Ques. How will the candidate be assessed through the drawing test?
Ans. Candidates will be assessed on following parameters through the drawing test:
- Ability to sketch a given object’s proportionately and rendering the same in a visual manner
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on an object
- Sense of perspective
- Combing given 3D elements to form a building or structural form
- Creating 2D compositions using given shapes and forms
- Creating visual harmony using colours
- Understanding scale & proportions
- Drawing the day to day life experiences based on memory
.Ques. Are there any centers in foreign cities? And is the examination fee different for the exam center?
Ans. Yes, the exam will also be conducted in Dubai. Candidates opting Dubai as their exam center have to pay an additional fee of INR 8000.
Ques. Is it required to send the hard copy of filled in the application form?
Ans. No, candidates need not send any hard copies to the exam conducting authorities. The entire application process will be online.
Ques. Can I make any corrections in the form submitted?
Ans. Candidates must fill the details correctly and check the preview before submission of application fee. Only in rare circumstances, corrections will be addressed on requests sent through the mail. The mail must be sent to the authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. What will all things be displayed in the result?
Ans. The scorecard released will display:
- Marks scored in each section
- Overall Marks
- Passed/ Fail
Ques. What are the qualifying marks in NATA?
Ans. candidates can appear for the counselling only if they secure the following scores:
- Minimum 25% marks in MCQs (30 out of 120)
- Minimum 25% marks in Drawing Test (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks out of 200 will be based on post-exam statistics and the discretion of Council
Ques. What is the validity of the scorecard?
Ans. NATA Scorecard will be valid only for the session in which the examination is being conducted. In other words, the validity is of one year only.
Ques. What is the general difficulty level of the test?
Ans. Keeping in view, the previous year trends of NATA, the exam is of moderate to difficult level.
Ques. Will the test be conducted online or offline?
Ans. From this year onwards, NATA 2019 will be conducted in offline mode only.
Ques. What if two candidates secure the same rank in the test?
Ans. In case, two candidates securing similar marks and appearing for counselling, preference will be given to the candidates having higher marks in the qualifying academic exam.
Ques. Who do I contact in case of any queries for NATA 2019?
Ans. The solution to any query can be addressed via email (email@example.com) once the registration window becomes functional.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College