NATA 2019 Result (Declared), Answer Key, Response Sheet, Cutoff and Counselling
NATA is conducted by Council of Architecture, twice a year for admitting students in B.Arch and B.Planning courses in the participating colleges. The first session was held on April 14, 2019 while the second session was conducted on July 7, 2019.
Latest: CoA has released Candidates’ Response Sheets and Answer key at nata.in. Check Here
- NATA Result for July session was declared on July 19, and April session result was released on May 3, 2019 in online mode.
- A total of 35651 number of candidates had applied for NATA second test out of which only 18126 candidates appeared in the exam while 14589 candidates have qualified.
- To qualify in NATA, candidates are required to meet three conditions– score minimum 25% marks in MCQ and Drawing portions, and score equal to or more than overall qualifying marks (out of 200). Check Admission Criteria
- NATA second test was conducted on July 7, 2019 at 190 exam centers in India including 1 center in Dubai.
- NATA Syllabus comprises of 60 questions from Mathematics and General Aptitude Test together and 2 questions from Drawing Test.
- It is of 3 hours 15 minutes long duration and is conducted in both online and offline mode. Check Exam Pattern
NATA 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Official Website||nata.in OR learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2019|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Registration for NATA July 2019||35651|
|Exam Date||April 14, and July 7, 2019|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Offline for Drawing,
Online for Mathematics and Aptitude Test
|Score Validity||One Year only|
|NATA Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | 01179412100|
NATA 2019 Exam Dates
COA released the official notification of NATA 2019 on January 17, 2019. Tabulated below are other important events related to the exam.
|Event||Date (Stage I) (Over)||Date (Stage II) (Over)|
|Availability of NATA Application Form||January 24 – March 11, 2019||January 24 – June 12, 2019|
|Form Correction Window||March 12 – 15, 2019||June 15 to 17, 2019|
|Availability of NATA Admit Card||April 01, 2019||June 26, 2019|
|Date and Time of Examination|
April 14, 2019 (10 AM to 01:15 PM)
|July 07, 2019 (10 AM to 01:15 PM)|
|Declaration of Answer Keys||April 15, 2019||July 08, 2019 (Released)|
|Declaration of NATA Result||May 03, 2019||July 19, 2019 (Out)|
NATA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the examination, there are certain parameters that a candidate must fulfill. They are as follows:
- 10+2 graduates or appearing with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
- 10+3 Diploma holders (any stream)/ appearing recognized by Central/ State Government with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- There is no minimum age limit for appearing in NATA 2019 if the candidate satisfies NATA Eligibility Criteria
There are no lateral admission criteria for admission in any stage/year of B.Arch course.
NATA 2019 Application Form
Date of NATA II Application Form – January 24 to June 12
Application Form for NATA 2019 was available online. Candidates could register themselves at NATA Official Website before the registration window closes. Follow the steps mentioned below to register:
Step 1: Visit NATA Official Website Candidates
Step 2: Click ‘Register Now’ and fill in the mandatory details.
Step 3: Enter User ID and Password to log in again.
Step 4: Fill Online Application Form ( Personal Details; Communicating Address; Choice of Examination Center; Academic Details)
Step 5: Scan and Upload required documents (Photo, Signature and Community Certificate).
Step 6: Payment of NATA Application Fee and Submit.
NATA 2019 Admit Card
Release of NATA Admit Card 2019 – June 26, 2019
COA has issued NATA hall ticket to all the successfully registered candidates. Enter Registration No. and password to access NATA Admit Card consisting the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photo and Signature
- Roll Number
- Exam Date and Time
- Exam Venue and Reporting Time
- Exam Day instructions
Important Points related to Admit Card
- One Photo ID Proof (Voter ID, Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ e-Aadhar or any other ID) must be carried along with the hall ticket at the exam center.
- Ensure that the photo and signature printed on hall ticket are not mutilated/ distorted etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the completion of admission procedure.
- Failing to produce the document at the time of NATA 2019, the candidature will stand cancelled.
- In case of any discrepancy, call on 011 79412100 or email at email@example.com
NATA Exam Center 2019
For this year, there are 190 exam centers for NATA 2019. Candidates who choose Dubai as their exam center must choose two more center.
- The Council reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Council reserves the right to allot any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
Note: Candidates opting Dubai as the exam center must pay an additional fee of INR 8000. Dubai cannot be chosen as second or third choice as examination city. Know More
NATA 2019 Exam Pattern
NATA 2019 Exam Date – July 7, 2019
The Council of Architecture or COA defines the exam pattern for NATA exam. Highlights of the exam are as follows:
- NATA 2019 is conducted in two parts namely Part A and Part B.
- Part A comprises 60 questions that are objective in nature.
- Part B has two questions to be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
Sectional Distributions is outlined below:
|Part Name||Section Name||No. of Questions X Marks|
|Part A||Mathematics||20 X 2|
|General Aptitude||40 X 2|
|Part B||Drawing||2 X 40|
|Total||62 Questions = 200 marks|
NATA 2019 Syllabus
NATA Syllabus has not seen any changes over the years. CoA has also released the official syllabus on the official website. Important topics are elaborated below:
NATA Syllabus for Mathematics
|Coordinate Geometry||3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry|
|Theory of Calculus||Application of Calculus|
|Permutation and combination||Statistics and Probability|
NATA Syllabus for General Aptitude
- Objects or texture related to architecture and the built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from a two-dimensional drawing.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.
NATA Syllabus for Drawing Test
- Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, color texture, harmony and contrast, conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory,
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract, form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, generating a plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape and landscape common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc.
How is NATA Drawing Test Scored?
The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in a visually appealing manner;
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- A sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating an interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colors in a given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Note: The answer to each drawing question will be examined by more than one examiner independently.
NATA 2019 Result
Date of NATA 2019 Result – July 19, 2019
- NATA Result has been declared at the official website i.e. nata.in.
- Enter login credentials created at the time of registration to access the results.
The results will be available as follows:
- Marks obtained in each part i.e. Part A and Part B
- Marks obtained out of 200
- Qualifying status i.e. Pass or Fail
Qualifying Marks for NATA 2019:
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council
Note: Candidates failing to satisfy the above-mentioned conditions will not be considered as a qualified candidate in NATA.
How to Check NATA Result 2019?
- Visit the official website of NATA.
- Click on “Download scorecard for NATA 2019”
- Login with the credentials: Application Number and Password
- Enter the captcha provided
- Click on Login
- Download the NATA 2019 scorecard.
CheckNATA 2019 Results
NATA 2019 Counselling Process
Date of NATA Counselling – July 2019
- There is no national-level centralized NATA counselling.
- Universities/colleges and institutes that offer B.Arch/B. Planning programs will be conducting NATA 2019 counselling separately.
- The admission authorities will conduct NATA 2019 counselling after the declaration of result by COA.
- Candidates who wish to participate in NATA counselling 2019 must check and meet the eligibility criteria of the university/college to which they are applying for.
- There are more than 400 institutes that accept the NATA score and these colleges/institutes in different states will hold the counselling for NATA 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2019 Counselling
- In addition to qualifying in NATA 2019, it is essential for candidates to meet the eligibility criteria of the institute they are seeking admissions in.
- The eligibility criteria will be different from state to state and university to university.
- It is important for the candidates to read and understand the requisite eligibility criteria before applying.
Documents Required for NATA Counselling 2019
During NATA 2019 Counselling, candidates will have to carry their original documents along with the two set of photocopies. The documents are listed below:
- NATA 2019 Admit Card
- NATA 2019 Score Card
- Class 10 and 12 marks sheet and pass certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate for PwD Certificate
NATA 2019 FAQs
Ques. What is NATA?
Ans. National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is conducted by CoA since 2006 as a single entrance window for admission to first-year architecture course. The national level exam is a common aptitude test in Architecture to facilitate institutions, students and the public for admissions to the first year of five-year B.Arch program in all the recognized institutes across the country. The purpose is to avoid any multiple-aptitude tests for the course admission.
Ques. What is the validity of NATA score?
Ans. NATA Scores are valid for one year only for admissions to B.Arch./B.Planning program.
Ques. What is the official website of NATA 2019?
Ans. The official website of NATA is learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2019.
Ques. Where can I take NATA 2019?
Ans. Architecture aspirants can take the test at iON proctored assessment centers which are spread across all the major cities in India and in Dubai. Check NATA Exam Center
Ques. I did not have Mathematics in my qualifying examination. Can I register or appear for NATA?
Ans. No, having Mathematics in 10+2 or Diploma program is necessary. Without this subject, you can not fill in NATA Application Form.
Ques. What is the fee for NATA 2019?
Ans. The fee differs as per candidate’s category,
- General Category – INR 1800 (inclusive of bank charges)
- SC/ ST Category – INR 1500 (inclusive of bank charges)
Ques. Due to some unavoidable reason, I will not be able to appear for NATA 2019. Will I get a refund for the application fee?
Ans. No, under no circumstances the application fee for the exam is refundable.
Ques. Is there any provision to reschedule the exam?
Ans. No, as the exam is conducted only on one day all over the country, rescheduling the examination is not possible.
Ques. Can I take the exam in some other city or center other than the one assigned by the Council?
Ans. Once the choice is made by CoA, no changes will be entertained.
Ques. Can I use a scale or any kind of instruments in NATA Drawing Test?
Ans. No, the test has to be done freehand, therefore no use of a scale or any other instrument is prohibited.
Ques. What do I have to report early to the exam center?
Ans. Candidates are required to report at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the examination commence. This is because of the procedure to verify candidate’s identity and taking the biometrics before final allocation of seat in the examination center. The entire process of verification will take a minimum of 2 hours if the centers are large.
Ques. Is bringing a calculator to the examination center allowed?
Ans. No, all the electronic devices including calculators, mobile phones etc are prohibited inside the examination hall.
Ques. If I have completed my examination, can I leave the hall early?
Ans. No, candidates have to stay inside the examination hall until the examination concludes.
Ques. I am an NRI candidate and I do not have Aadhaar Card. What should I do?
Ans. In this case, you are required to provide your Passport Number.
Ques. What will be the duration of NATA?
Ans. The test will be conducted for a duration of 3 hours. Part A must be attempted within 90 minutes and Part B must be attempted within next 90 minutes. There is no extra timing for PWD category candidates.
Ques. Is the marking scheme for NATA same as the previous year?
Ans. Yes, no new changes have been introduced in NATA marking scheme. For the objective test candidates will be awarded 2 marks for every correct answer.
Ques. Will there be any negative marking for incorrect answers?
Ans. No, there will be no negative marking for unanswered or incorrect answers.
Ques. How will the candidate be assessed through the drawing test?
Ans. Candidates will be assessed on following parameters through the drawing test:
- Ability to sketch a given object’s proportionately and rendering the same in a visual manner
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on an object
- Sense of perspective
- Combing given 3D elements to form a building or structural form
- Creating 2D compositions using given shapes and forms
- Creating visual harmony using colours
- Understanding scale & proportions
- Drawing the day to day life experiences based on memory
.Ques. Are there any centers in foreign cities? And is the examination fee different for the exam center?
Ans. Yes, the exam will also be conducted in Dubai. Candidates opting Dubai as their exam center have to pay an additional fee of INR 8000.
Ques. Is it required to send the hard copy of filled in the application form?
Ans. No, candidates need not send any hard copies to the exam conducting authorities. The entire application process will be online.
Ques. Can I make any corrections in the form submitted?
Ans. Candidates must fill the details correctly and check the preview before submission of application fee. Only in rare circumstances, corrections will be addressed on requests sent through the mail. The mail must be sent to the authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. What will all things be displayed in the result?
Ans. The scorecard released will display:
- Marks scored in each section
- Overall Marks
- Passed/ Fail
Ques. What are the qualifying marks in NATA?
Ans. candidates can appear for the counselling only if they secure the following scores:
- Minimum 25% marks in MCQs (30 out of 120)
- Minimum 25% marks in Drawing Test (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks out of 200 will be based on post-exam statistics and the discretion of Council
Ques. What is the validity of the scorecard?
Ans. NATA Scorecard will be valid only for the session in which the examination is being conducted. In other words, the validity is of one year only.
Ques. What is the general difficulty level of the test?
Ans. Keeping in view, the previous year trends of NATA, the exam is of moderate to difficult level.
Ques. Will the test be conducted online or offline?
Ans. From this year onwards, NATA 2019 will be conducted in online and offline mode both.
Ques. What if two candidates secure the same rank in the test?
Ans. In case, two candidates securing similar marks and appearing for counselling, preference will be given to the candidates having higher marks in the qualifying academic exam.
Ques. Who do I contact in case of any queries for NATA 2019?
Ans. The solution to any query can be addressed via email (email@example.com) once the registration window becomes functional.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College