Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha, was established in 1948 and initially provided courses only in the intermediate arts field. The college during its first few years was affiliated to Utkal University and later to Fakir Mohan University. Recently the institute became autonomous and now provides programs in Science, Arts as well as Commerce. Admission to the courses offered is made purely based on merit and depends on the candidate's marks in the last qualifying examination for UG as well as PG programs. The basic eligibility criteria for gaining admission into the UG program is passing in the 10+2 examinations, whereas for PG courses, candidates need to secure a minimum of 40% in the relevant subject to opt for admission.
The college has an NAAC accreditation with grade A and a huge campus of 27 acres in Bhadrak, Odisha. The institute also provides reservation of seats for SC/ST and other eligible candidates. The article below talks about all the aspects you may want to know about before taking admission into this institute.
Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Bhadrak Autonomous College|
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Affiliated to||Fakir Mohan University (FKU), Balasore|
|Eligibility criteria||UG – 10+2 qualified PG – Graduation Degree|
|Campus area||27 acres|
Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha Achievements
Listed below are some of the many achievements of this college:
- Participation of the NCC cadets of the college in Independence Day as well as Republic Day parades at various levels has brought awards and recognition to the college.
- The cadets of the Naval wing have been to INS Chilka under the All India Yachting Programme.
- The institute also felicitates students for their intellectual accomplishments at the state level in various cultural and sports activities.
Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha Courses
The institute offers several UG as well as PG programs in the field of Science, Arts, and Commerce to eligible candidates which are tabulated below.
The college also offers many self financing courses which were started after the grant of autonomous status such as MSW, MPM & IR, MJMC, BBA, B.Sc. ITM, MTHM, MSc., MBA Computer Science.
|Course Name||Duration||Specialization||Basic Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|BA (Hons.)||3 years||Economics||A candidate needs to pass their higher secondary examination or 10+2 in relevant stream from a recognized board with at least 40% marks in the particular subject||Admissions are made based on merit in the qualifying exam|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||3 years||Botany|
|B.Com||3 years||Accounting and Finance|
|Banking and Insurance|
|B.Ed||2 years||-||A candidate needs to pass their Graduation in any stream from a recognized University||Admissions are made purely based on merit|
|MBA||2 years||-||A candidate needs to pass their Graduation in any stream||Admissions are made solely based on merit|
|M.Sc.||2 years||Chemistry||A candidate must have passed B.Sc in relevant stream|
Read more: Courses & Fees
Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha Admission 2020
Given below is the application procedure for gaining admission into this institute:
- Candidates need to obtain the prospectus and application form from the campus or through speed post.
- The application form must be filled in the candidate's handwriting.
- Candidates need to fill all the required details in the given space.
- Candidates need to attach their recent photo in the space provided.
- Next, they need to keep all the relevant documents along with the original fee receipt safely.
- Finally, candidates need to submit the entirely filled application form at the campus or send it by speed post before the due date.
- Candidate's original fee receipt
- Candidate's attested photocopy of mark sheets and certificates of examinations passed since HSC
- Candidate's attested photocopy of CLC and conduct certificate from last attended institution
- One attested passport size photograph of the candidate to be pasted at the space provided
- Candidate's caste certificate and income certificate, if applicable
- Similarly, ex-servicemen certificate, PH certificate, or any other certificate of the candidate for reservation in admission, if applicable
- A duly filled acknowledgment card
- One Self-attested unstamped envelope of size 28cmX12cm will be needed.
Read more: Admission 2020
Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha Placements
The college has a proper Placement Cell which provides training to students and takes care of all the recruitment process including calling companies on campus for recruiting. The college has seen several companies such as GENPACT and Shoppers Stop take up upto 12-30 students each year.
However, the college doesn't provide internships to its students who have graduated, and the students need to search for internships themselves.
Read more: BAC Placements
Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha Scholarships
The institute provides scholarships under several government schemes and listed below are some of the details:
- The government of Odisha offers Prerana Scholarships to meritorious and deserving candidates.
- Apart from this, the Government of Odisha also offers Senior Merit, PG Merit, and Technical scholarships to eligible candidates.
Read more: BAC Scholarships
Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha Facilities
Given below are some of the many facilities provided by this college for the well-being of its students:
- The college has a well-equipped, fully automated library with loads of journals, textbooks, and other reference material for students and faculty.
- The institute cares about the all-round development of the students and hence encourages its students to pursue sports activities as a part of their lifestyle. To support this, the college provides indoor and outdoor sports facilities for a wide range of games.
- With several playgrounds and fitness equipment, students are able to maintain a healthy lifestyle along with their studies here.
- Furthermore, the institute has a canteen, a bank, a reading room, dispensary, computer labs, and hostel facilities for boys as well as girls.
Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha Faculty
One of the main strengths of this institute lies in its friendly and supportive staff who are always ready to help the students regarding any problem they may face. The college has a well qualified and experienced faculty. Each department has a head of department, assistant professors and associate professors. Also, each faculty member acts as a mentor for a group of 16-24 students.
The college faculty has a sanctioned strength of 94 faculty members. The chairman of the college is Prof. Sailendra Kumar Mohapatra who was also the ex-principal of the college and the current principal of the college is Prof. Pradipta Kumar Swain.
Read more: BAC Faculty
Bhadrak Autonomous College, Odisha FAQs
Ques. Does the college have any reservation quota for candidates?
Ques. Does the College provide personal enhancement and development schemes for students?
Ques. What facilities does the college provide for its cultural events?
Ques. Does the College have a Student Council or any similar body?
Ques. Is there any boarding facility for non-residential candidates?