Biluru Gurubasava Mahaswamiji Institute of Technology is a leading un-aided Private Institute in Mudhol. The institute provides education in the engineering courses, into its various disciplines, such as Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering.
The institute accepts students in its engineering courses through Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET). Candidates can apply for admission through the official website via online mode.
BGMIT Bagalkot Highlights
|Established | Institute type||2013 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Set by||Visvesvaraya Technical Education, Belgaum|
|Entrance Exam||Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)|
|Courses Offered||B. Tech/ B.E.|
|Admission criteria||Merit Based and Entrance test|
|Top recruiters||Wipro, HCL, TCS|
|Facilities available||Library, Sports ground, Hostel etc.|
BGMIT Bagalkot Courses
The college offers undergraduate engineering courses in B.E /BTech in 4 disciples. The details are as follows-
|B.E./B. Tech||Duration: 4 years.
Eligibility: The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics as one of the main subjects. The candidate should have given KCET and cleared cut-offs under his/her category to be eligible to apply.
Intake: Around 400
Selection Criteria: The aspiring candidates need to appear for KCET to become eligible for a seat in this prestigious institute.
Specializations:Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communications, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering .
Read More: BGMIT Bagalkot Fees
BGMIT Bagalkot Admission Procedure
The admission procedure is fairly simple and requires the candidate to have completed his/her intermediate with Mathematics as the main subject.
The candidate must have given KCET and should check its official website regularly, https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea , to stay updated with any of its upcoming notifications. The exam is available in two languages, English and Kannada.
The candidate should also check with the schedule of BGMIT to stay notified with the application process.The candidate should also check with the schedule of BGMIT to stay notified with the application process.
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) organises and conducts this state-level engineering entrance test once a year to determine the merit of the candidates for admission into various professional degree courses offered by various educational institutions in Karnataka state.
How to Apply?
- Candidates must have given KCET entrance exam and must have secured non-zero marks.
- Check the cut- off trends for the college before applying.
- Visit the official website of the college and click on the link- Admission form
- Fill the details and wait for the merit list. If the candidate is selected then he has to confirm the admission by paying first year fees.
BGMIT Bagalkot Placements
- The College has an exclusive Placement and Training Centre to facilitate on-campus Placement opportunities to the students.
- The Centre has a professor in-charge of the activities. The goal of Training & Placement Cell is to provide the best training to students.
- The Training & Placement Cell is dedicated to motivate and help the student community towards their campus placements and industrial training.
- This is done by training students from the second year onwards focusing on motivational skills, communication skills, interpersonal relationships, leadership qualities, group discussions and mock interviews.
- Additionally, the Cell also provides the required infra- structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews besides catering to other logistics.
- The database of the students is managed by the cell, which plays a crucial role in suitably placing the alumni too whenever required.
Further, the Placement Cell in this college works on the following aspects as well:
1.The Placement Centre facilitates compulsory training in soft skills (like Resume/CV Writing, Personality Development, Communication Skills, Aptitude tests, Interview Technique etc.) to all students during their pre-final year.
- Guest lectures and special invitee lecture series organizing for all the branches of students from industry experts through the Placement Centre.
- Providing internship opportunities for UG students.
- The staff members of the placement cell work together as a team in molding the students to the requirements of various industries.
It is noteworthy that quite a few major MNCs have visited this institute, a few names includes:
- TCS and many more.
BGMIT Bagalkot Facilities
- Campus : The institute provides its students with the best classrooms and labs to provide the best academic as well as practical knowledge to its students. The classrooms are spacious and labs are designed to provide the students with all the necessary equipment to cater the needs of the academic. Further, the campus has sports grounds and parks to lighten the mood for the students. The institute provides its students with sports accessories and often promotes its students to participate in such activities.
- Faculty: The institute is home to many well-qualified Professors that provide education in their respective domains. Further, they encourage the students to increase their interactions so that they can help them all throughout their graduation.
- Hostel : BGMIT provides its students with well developed hostels to both boys and girls. The hostels are managed by a committee set up by the Sangha in the name of student welfare and hostel committee (SWC) consisting of 12 members.
BGMIT Bagalkot Scholarships
The college offers multiple types of scholarships to deserving and needy candidates. To name a few-
- Merit Scholarship from Government of India
- Post Matric Scholarship to SC/ST’s
- Fee-Reimbursement to SC/ST’s
- Defence Scholarship
- Ex defence Scholarship
- Fee-Concession to Category – I
- Fee-Concession to Category – II and III
- EBL Charges to Category – I II & III
- Financial aid to PG Students
The student has to submit the necessary documents in order to avail the benefits of the scholarship.
BGMIT Bagalkot FAQs
Ques. What post offices can be found near Biluru Gurubasava Mahaswamiji Institute of Technology, BagalkotCollege?
Ans. There are a total of 20 post offices found nearby to Biluru Gurubasava Mahaswamiji Institute of Technology, Mudhol College. They are: Baragi, Bidari, Chichakandi K.D., Chichakhandi B.K., Gulgal Jambagi, Ingalagi, Jeergal, Machakanur, Malapur, Metgudd, Mirji, Mudhol (Bagalkot), Mudhol Extension, Ningapur, Rugi, Shirol, Uttur, Vajramatti, Vantigodi, Yadahalli.
Ques. What are the fees of B. Tech in the various programs of BGMIT?
Ans. The fee at BGMIT is around INR 50000/- annually. However, it is advised to visit the official website: http://www.bgmitm.ac.in. The fees of different streams might vary and so one should get in touch with the Institute’s office to get a lucid picture.
Ques. How can one get Internship when pursuing graduation in BGMIT?
Ans. The institute has built a reputation and thus it provides its students with internships in various organizations in Bangalore. This quality industrial training facilitates its students to get a decent job and a work experience well before their placements.
Ques. Is this institute Co-Ed?
Ans. Yes, this institute provides the best education to both male and female candidates.
Ques. Is there an Anti-Ragging Committee in the Institute?
Ans. Yes, there is an Anti-Ragging Committee in the campus which involves all the high-ranking members of the Administration i.e., Principal, Chairman, and several senior Professors to strictly enforce anti-ragging rules in the premises.