East West College of Engineering - [EWCE] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
EWCE Quick Update
May 15: Karnataka DCM announces KCET 2020 to be held on July 30 & July 31, 2020. Check Here.
May 8: KCET 2020 Registration reopens from May 08 to May 18, 2020. Apply Now.
The East West College of Engineering, referred to as EWCE, is part of the East West Group of Institutions. EWCE Bangalore offers 5 courses through Bachelor of Engineering program with an intake of 60 students per branch, admissions for which are accepted through Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET).
Graduates from the college are placed in top-notch companies such as Infosys, Amazon, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, etc. with an average salary package of INR 2.4 LPA and highest salary package of INR 13 LPA.
East West College of Engineering Highlights
|Established||2015 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU Belgaum), Belgaum|
|Course Offered||Undergraduate i.e. B.E|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||KCET|
|Popular Courses||CSE, ECE|
|Application Mode | Fee||Online portal | INR 500|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, Amazon, Wipro, etc.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Lab, Sports Complex, Hostel, Transport, Canteen.|
|Official Website||http://www.ewce.edu.in/ | 080 28566115|
East-West College of Engineering Courses
East-West College of Engineering provides 5 courses under one stream. Each branch admits only 60 students, and the total intake in one year is 300 students. The courses are as mentioned below:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
The fees for each course is INR 5 lakhs per year, and the course duration is 4 years.
The basic eligibility criteria for the 5 courses include:
- Passing the Pre-University College or Higher Secondary (10+2)
- An aggregate minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry & English (PCE)
- A 5% concession is given for reserved categories.
East West College of Engineering Admission
Admission to the B.E courses in EWCE is done on the basis of KCET. The eligibility Criteria of KCET states that candidates must have passed with a minimum of 50% marks in the 2nd PUC/ 12th standard or equivalent exam to appear for the exam. Also, they must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects in their secondary education.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of KCET.
- Select “CET-2020 UG Online Application”.
- Click on “New User? Click Here to Register” on the home page of the online application form.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an Application number and User-ID to their registered mobile phone number and email-id and also same will be displayed on the screen.: A Login Prompt will be displayed and candidates are required to enter the User ID and Password created by them and Login.
- Upload the required elements, such as photograph, signature, and the left thumb impression of student and parent.
- Pay the Application fee by challan or net banking. Finally, print the application form.
- Post-announcement, check, verify and then download the KCET 2020 admit card.
After the announcement of results, the candidates can apply to EWCE in the following manner:
- Download the application form from the EWCE website.
- Fill it in and send Rs 500/- Cheque / Demand Draft / Bank Draft along with the application.
- Applicants from outside India must send 15 USD Demand Draft / Bank Draft along with the application.
- On receiving the above amount, EWCE brochure will be mailed by post to your specified address.
Read More: East West College of Engineering Admission
East West College of Engineering Placements
The Training and Placement Centre is responsible for ensuring placement opportunities to the students of East West College of Engineering. All the students of EWCE undergo a compulsory internship in various corporate companies and research institutes in their final year. The placement division at EWCE has an in-house soft skill trainer to train as per the needs and requirements of the corporate world. The placement department organizes various placement related activities such as:
- Guest Lectures
- Career Guidance programs
- Industrial visits
- Group discussions
All these activities are performed to provide a wider exposure to the student community. The expected salary package ranges from INR 2.4 LPA to INR 13 LPA.
East West College of Engineering Facilities
The facilities of EWCE include:
- Hostel: A separate hostel is functioning for boys and girls. The menu is planned as a mix of both North Indian and South Indian food with variety each day. Concentration is laid on hygiene, quality and cleanliness of the food which is prepared in the hostel’s kitchen monitored & prepared by experienced and skilled cooks.
- Sports: EWCE indoor & outdoor sport complex includes indoor sports facilities such as table tennis, badminton, carom, chess etc. The vast outdoor field serves perfect for tournaments such as Basketball, Cricket, KhoKho, Kabaddi, Netball and Throw ball. EWCE has an outstanding record of sports achievements which included several championships.
- Library: The Library has a vast collection of 39,268 volumes of books with 10,812 titles, 85 national and international Printed journals and VTU consortium of e-journals. The comprehensive Information Center provides resources to students with up to date information of all subjects. The Digital library has over 60000 volumes of books covering all branches of Engineering, Science, Technical & Management subjects. International and National journals are regularly added to the shelves to keep the students updated with current research and findings.
- Transport: EWCE provides transport facilities to the college premises for 17 points, starting from Anjananagar at 7:00 am, to reach Yelahanka at 8:30 am.
- Other facilities include Seminar Hall & Auditorium, Multi-Cuisine Canteen, Well Equipped Laboratories and state of the art infrastructure.
The college has an excellent system of placement, training, internships and salary package. It is a highly selective college and relatively recent as of yet. The reviews of the college by current students are excellent, and it promises to be a great experience that can be a turning point in one’s life.
East West College of Engineering FAQs
Ques. How do we get in touch with the college?
Ans. Students may contact the college staff through following links:
East West College of Engineering
CA Site No. 13, 13th A Main Road,
Sector A, Major Akshay Kumar Road, Yelahanka New Town, Bengaluru-560064.
Ques. What is the cut off for admission at EWCE Bangalore?
Ans. The cut-off ranks of KCET 2019 and 2018 second round for the General Merit is as mentioned below:
AE Aeronautical Engineering
CE Civil Engineering
CS Computer Science Engineering
EC Electronic Communication Engineering
ME Mechanical Engineering
Read More: East West College of Engineering Cut off
Ques. Does EWCE provide any scholarship to students?
Ans. Deserving students can apply for scholarships from the Central or State government as eligible. These include:
- SC/ST Post Matric Scholarship
- Rajiv Gandhi Loan Scholarship Scheme
- State Scholarship Portal
- Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship For UG & PG
- Sanchi Honnamma & Sir C.V. Raman Student Scholarship