Vijayanagar Institute of Medical Sciences is a government medical college established in the year 1961 in the Bellary city of Karnataka. It is approved by MCI and affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The college offers UG, PG and Diploma courses in the field of Medical Sciences. Candidates seeking admission need to have a valid score in NEET. VIMS Bellary has excellent infrastructure and provides quality education under well-experienced faculties
VIMS Bellary Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1961 | Government|
|Affiliation||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Diploma|
VIMS Bellary Courses
The institute offers MBBS, Diploma and PG courses in different specializations. The details of the courses are mentioned below:
Read more: VIMS Bellary Courses and Fees
VIMS Bellary Admission
For MBBS admission, candidates need to qualify the NEET-UG whereas, for PG admission, candidates need to have a valid score in NEET-PG. After qualifying the cut-offs candidates need to appear in counselling conducted by Vijay Nagar Institute of Medical Sciences.
How to apply?
- Register online on the website of the institute.
- A merit list will be released
- Candidates on the list will get the selection letter.
- Within the given schedule, the candidates need to make the admission fee payment as soon as possible to confirm the seat acceptance.
Read more: VIMS Bellary Admission
VIMS Bellary Scholarships
There are State Govt. and Central Govt. scholarships for the students of this institute based on different criteria. Loan facility is also available for students. Some of the scholarships are mentioned mellow:
- SC/ST.OBC scholarships by Government
- Vidyasiri scholarship by Karnataka Government
- Central Sector Scheme for Meritorious students
- MHRD Scholarship by Central Government
Read more: VIMS Bellary Scholarships
VIMS Bellary Facilities
- Hostels: Hostels are available for both boys and girls separately within the college with all the necessary facilities for a better living of students
- Library: A wide collection of books are maintained in the library which aids students to refer to various publications as well as the national and international journals.
- Sports: The college has two sports ground. One is for regular college events and the other is for major sports events
- Lecture Hall: A lecture hall complex is available with 4 individual well-furnished AC lecture halls for conducting regular teaching
- Auditorium: The college has two auditoriums. One of them is having 300 seating capacity for conducting conferences and workshops. The other is having 1000 seating capacity is for conducting various college events and functions
Read more: VIMS Bellary Hostel
VIMS Bellary FAQs
Ques. What is the intake capacity for MBBS?
Ques. Does the college offer a Post Diploma course?
Ques. Are internships available after MBBS in this college?
Ques. When do the classes start for the first semester?
Ques. What is the location of the college?