Shri Kshetra Dharmasthala College, also called SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital [SDMC] is one of the reputed private Medical colleges in Karnataka. It was established in 2004. The college offers MBBS, MD, and MS Programs in various streams. Admission to its courses is based on the candidate’s performance in the NEET examination. To be eligible for the MBBS course, candidates need to pass their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects. For the MD/MS course, candidates must have completed an MBBS or equivalent degree in a relevant stream. In 2020, SDM has been ranked 14th out of 18 private colleges in India.
Read More: SDMC Sattur Reviews
SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital Highlights
|Established | Type||2004 | Private|
|Recognized by||RGUHS, Bangalore|
|Selection Criteria||NEET- UG/ NEET-PG|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, and MS|
|Address||Manjushree Nagar Sattur, Dharwad- 580009, Karnataka, India|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Library, Medical facilities, Laboratories, Canteens, etc.|
SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital Courses
|MBBS||Course Type: UG
Duration: 4.5 years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 with PCB as compulsory subjects
Intake: 100 seats
Selection Criteria: NEET UG
|MD||Course Type: PG Streams: Anaesthesia, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, Forensic Medicine, General Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Microbiology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Must have completed their MBBS or equivalent in a relevant stream.
Selection Criteria: NEET PG
|MS||Course Type: PG Streams: E.N.T, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Obstetrics, and Gynecology Eligibility: Must have completed their MBBS or equivalent in a relevant stream.
Duration: 3 years
Selection Criteria: NEET-PG
|Diploma||Course Type: Diploma Streams: Anaesthesia, Psychiatry Medicine, Child Health, Clinical Pathology, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Medical Diagnosis, Public Health, Venereology & Dermatitis, Medical Laboratory Technology, X-Ray Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Ophthalmic Technology, Dialysis Technology.
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 with PCB as compulsory subjects.
Selection Criteria: NEET
Read More: SDMC Sattur Fees
SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital Admission
- Admission at SDMC is strictly done based on the candidate’s performance in the NEET Examination, and the cut-off released by NTA (National Testing Agency).
- The cut-off is decided with the reference of topper’s marks as well as based on available seats.
- Candidates belonging to UR category, are required to obtain at least 50% percentile whereas SC/ ST students are given 10% relaxation, they are only required to score 40% percentile to qualify the exam.
- Candidates seeking admission to SDMC should apply online through the official portal of this college.
- It is advised to check the important details in the application form before submission.
- Aspirants are advised to stay in touch with the official website of the college for notifications regarding admission and examination dates.
- After exams, a Cut-off for different categories is released by NTA.
- Once you have qualified for the cut-off, you can participate in the counseling process.
SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital Placements
Placements in SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital are very active. Students have to work hard to get a job in this field via placement wing as only toppers are selected based on their academic results. The average salary for MBBS students varies from INR 3-5 lakh per annum, while for MD/ MS students, the salary lies between 3-6 lakh per annum.
SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital Facilities
- Library: Nearly all books with the latest editions are available in the college. Free access to high-speed internet is provided to all the students. It is mandatory to maintain silence in the library.
- Classrooms: Classrooms are very spacious and fully air-conditioned. Students must follow all the rules and regulations of the college.
- Laboratories: Laboratories are equipped with all modern tools and instruments. It will provide you with a good ambiance for practical knowledge of the concerned topic.
- Hostels: Hostels are well-maintained and available for both boys and girls. In one room maximum of 3 college students are allowed to live together. All necessary furniture like wardrobe, bed, etc. is provided to students.
SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required to be submitted at the time of admission to SDMC?
Ans. Documents required to be submitted at the time of admission are given below-
- Admit card of the qualifying exam
- Score-card of the qualifying exam
- Self-attested Academic documents
- ID Proof (AADHAAR or PAN-card)
- Passport-size photographs
- Category certificates (if required)
Ques. Does SDMC, Sattur provide scholarships to the students?
Ans. College does not provide scholarships but toppers are rewarded by the college itself based on students’ academic results.
Besides this, Karnataka Govt. provides scholarship to a student based on their merits, and marks obtained in 10 and 10+2.
Ques. How good are the faculties of the college?
Ans. Faculties are highly qualified. They are always ready to solve your queries & provide great mentorship to all students.
Read More: SDMC, Sattur Faculty