Kochi Business School (KBS), Kochi, Kerala, is a centre of excellence located strategically near Smart city and Infopark in Kochi. Established in the year 2011, the school has an alliance with LEAD College of Management Palakkad, which is ranked by Business India as one of the top 50 Business schools in the country. The MBA programme offered by Kochi Business School is affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam and approved by AICTE.
The different specialization streams offered by the school include Marketing, Finance, and Information Systems among others. Value added courses are also offered for overall student development.
Kochi Business School Placement cell offers Skill Assessment tests to students, helping them develop and improve their capabilities. Students undergo both soft and hard skill assessment, tests are evaluated and constructive feedback is provided with the aim of improvement.
The top recruiters for Kochi Business School Placements for the batch (2018-2020) were Future Generali, Just Dial, Eureka Forbes, AXIS Bank, CECONS (GEO), IDBI - Federal Insurance, KARVY Group and more.
The admission criteria to the Institute is both Entrance-Based and Merit-Based. Students applying for an MBA program need to have a valid KMAT/CMAT/CAT score.
Kochi Business School, Kochi: Highlights
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Entrance Exam||KMAT/ CMAT/CAT|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Eureka Forbes, AXIS Bank, IDBI-Federal Insurance, Just Dial|
|Campus Area||10 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, IT Lab|
Kochi Business School, Kochi: Courses Offered
Kochi Business School offers a 2 year MBA Degree and Value added certification courses for a duration of 1-year are offered to working professionals over the weekend.
Here is a tabulated view of Kochi Business School courses:
|MBA||Specializations- Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business Operations and Management Information Systems
Eligibility- Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate in any Masters Degree.
Selection Criteria: Entrance-Based / Valid KMAT/CMAT/CAT score.
Duration- 2 Years
|Value Added||Specializations- National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM), Digital Marketing, Advanced Excel-MS Office, Specialist Logistics Management, Business Analytics and Competency Mapping
Eligibility- Passed 10+2 with a minimum 40% aggregate in the qualifying degree exam.
Selection Criteria: Merit-Based
Duration- 1 Year
Read More: Kochi Business School Courses & Fees
Kochi Business School, Kochi: Admission
- Candidates applying to Kochi Business School should have a Bachelor's Degree of the Mahatma Gandhi University or any equivalent degree recognized by the same University. Candidates compulsorily must have 50% aggregate marks in their qualifying degree. Also a valid KMAT/CMAT/CAT score is must for admission.
- Applications for KMAT Entrance Examinations for a MBA programme can be submitted only through the online mode via the official website https://kmatkerala.in/.
- CMAT conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) is a national level exam for admission into more than 600 colleges in the country. The application for the same can be submitted here https://www.mbauniverse.com/cmat.
- CAT scores are also considered for Kochi Business School admission.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of the College.
- Either click on the ‘Apply Online’ button at the top right hand of the screen or navigate to Admissions tab and click on the ‘Apply Online’ button at the bottom of the page.
- This will take you to the online application form for admission.
- Candidates have to fill in Personal details like name, DOB, contact information, reservations, if any, Parent/guardian details.
- Next candidates need to provide Academic details.
- Fill in other miscellaneous information at the last step and submit your application.
Kochi Business School, Kochi: Facilities
The 10 acre campus of Kochi Business School is fitted with modern amenities and fully equipped to provide students with an immersive experience. The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled, ensuring connectivity and easy access to information right at students’ fingertips. The other facilities offered by Kochi Business School are as follows:
- Library: An exhaustive library containing vital resources for teaching and learning along with books intended for individual development. Students have free access to E-Journals through EBSCO Business Source Elite and J Gate. OPAC facility available for enhanced searching capability of library resources. For overall vocabulary and language development students also have access to various fiction, non-fiction books and magazines.
- Computer Lab: A state-of-the-art computer lab, students have access to computers equipped with softwares required for academic and professional needs. The computers are installed with the latest programs and are periodically upgraded to keep in line with the changing landscape of technology.
- Hostel: Boys and girls are provided separate accommodations. The buildings are equipped with modern amenities, recreational spaces and boarding to assist students with a comfortable living experience.
Kochi Business School, Kochi: Faculty
The faculty at Kochi Business School comprises highly educated and experienced Full Time Professors, Advisors and Industry Leaders. A diverse mix of faculty ensures students are exposed to the best of both academic and industry knowledge and experience.
- Along with Principal: Dr. Pradeep S, Associate Professor: Mr. Babu G holds both a MBA and Ph.D.
- 9 of the Associate Professors have a MBA degree.
Ques. Where is Kochi Business School located?
Ans. Kochi Business School is located at Edachira, Kakkanad, Kochi. The college campus is a mere 700 meters from the Infopark in Kochi and also has close proximity to the Smart City. The Infopark bus stop is 900 meters from the campus. Kalamassery, Triupunittura and Idapi are the three railway stations within the 7 km radius of Edachira Junction.
Ques. Does Kochi Business School provide internships to students?
Ans. Yes.The College offers internships to both 1st and 2nd year students. The students at Kochi Business School are upskilled to start research programs, projects, and summer internships in various MNCs and well-established organizations along with earning stipend.
Ques. What is the fee structure for Scheme 1 and Scheme 2 courses offered at Kochi Business School?
Ans. Scheme 1 is a regular MBA Programme wherein classes are held all throughout the weekday from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The fee structure for Scheme 1 is as below:
- Admission Fee: INR 20,000
- Tuition Fee: INR 55,000/Semester
- Total Fee: INR 2,40,000
Scheme 2 is a MBA Programme for professionals with classes held over the weekend. The fee structure is same as Scheme 1
Ques. What is the IEDC programme at Kochi Business School?
Ans. Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell was established with the support of Directorate of Industries and Commerce at Kochi Business School. The aim of this cell is to impart practical training in aspects like business plan development, report preparation, business execution and so forth.
Ques. What are the extracurricular activities held by the Kochi Business School?
Ans. Management Fest KomBattS is student conducted meet testing the physical endurance and team management capabilities of participants. In 2019, the event witnessed participation from 300 students from over 62 colleges across Kerala. Other activities involve celebration of various cultural and religious festivals, graduation ceremonies and educational tours.