Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) is located in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. Established in the year 1971, the Business School has been offering management knowledge and excellence to the students.
Along with the gold mine of knowledge, the location is also an attractive aspect of HPUBS. The institution also has an active overseas reach out program mainly to the NRI students.
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) offers MBA and Ph.D. courses with good scope for placements and internships.
Other than Indian students, the school has also opened their hands to international students from all around the world, mainly South Asia, Middle East and African countries.
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS), Shimla Highlights
|Established | Type||1971 | Government|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Entrance Exam||HPU MAT|
|Courses offered||MBA, Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||High School merit score and HPU MAT SCORE|
|Facilities||Library, Computer Lab, Latest software and computer hardware, Classrooms with LCD projectors.|
HPUBS Shimla Ranking
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) has been ranked as a prominent centre for business studies by many newspapers. HPUBS has been awarded the “Outstanding B-School” among the ones in North India by National Educational Awards. It has also been given the title of “Most promising B School of North India” by the Minister of State.
Read More: HPUBS Reviews
HPUBS Shimla Courses
HPU Business School offers MBA and Ph.D. programs for management studies.
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university & HPUMAT.
|Ph.D.||Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Post Graduation. Subjects: Management Studies
Read More: HPUBS Course & Fees
HPUBS Shimla Admissions
Admissions to MBA are based on merit secured by the candidates in HPUMAT.
Admissions to Ph.D. are based on merit secured by the candidates in UGC-JRF.
How To Apply?
- Go to the official website of Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) click on the admissions section.
- Choose the relevant program and a Terms and Conditions window will open. Acknowledge the terms and conditions after which the “Personal Information Page” will open.
- Fill out the Personal Information, Educational details and the documents required. Once these details are provided the last step will be the payment of application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through any online mode of payment like Card payment, Net Banking etc.
- Once the payment is complete, the final application form can be submitted and will be moved for processing.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s recent photograph.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s signature.
- Scanned copy of a parent’s signature.
Read More: HPUBS Latest Updates
The HPU MAT 2020 exam dates are yet to be notified. The cutoff for this year will be based on factors like the difficulty of the question paper, number of seats available and the number of candidates who took up HPU MAT.
The cutoff details of previous years are given here which can be taken as a reference.
|Open to all||26.75|
Once the cutoff results of HPU MAT 2020 are released, based on the score and the academic records the candidate will be invited for various interview sessions. Based on merit in all these sessions the admission will be granted to Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS).
Read More: HPUBS Cutoff Details
How to Check University Results?
The university results for Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) can be checked on the official website. The procedures to check the university results are given here,
- Go to the official site of the university and click on the examination button on the home screen.
- It will take you to the Examination section and select the results option.
- A notification window will appear which will show various result details for various courses.
- Look for and select the specific course and stream and click on the “Download” link.
- The results window will pop up and it will be displayed in PDF format.
- You can check the results on the screen or download it and take a print out.
HPUBS Shimla Placements
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) has an extensive placement cell which caters to the needs of the students’ job front. HPUBS offers initiatives like Winter Training and Industry Interaction Programme which works with industries and invites them to the campus.
Monthly sessions are organized to provide an exposure to the students about the various industries, thereby helping them choose a right career path. These sessions also help boost students’ confidence to face the practical world.
Companies listed below visit Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) for recruiting students for full time positions and internships every year.
|HDFC Bank||HCL||Cipla Ltd.||Kotak Securities|
|ICICI Bank||Hindustan Lever Ltd.||Pfizer Ltd.||IBM|
|Bajaj Allianz||Dabur India Ltd.||IDBI Bank||Crompton Greaves|
|Colgate Palmolive Ltd.||Coca Cola||Hero Honda||Nestle India|
|American Express||Ernst & Young||Citibank||Reliance|
Read More: HPUBS Placement
HPUBS Shimla Scholarships
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) offers scholarships to students based on the economic background, extra-curricular excellence and students from sports background.
- Sports Scholarship: HPUBS offers sports scholarships for students who are outstanding in any type of sports. This scholarship is exclusively selected and given to 16 students.
- Students Aid Fund: Student aid is provided for students who come from a weaker economic background. Students belonging to BPL/IRDP and Low Income families can avail this scholarship.
- Cultural Activists Scholarship: Students who excel in academic as well as cultural activities are selected and recommended by the chairperson of each department and are awarded with the scholarship.
Read More: HPUBS Scholarships
HPUBS Shimla Facilities
Along with the attractive location Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) is located in, the school also offers impeccable infrastructure and facilities.
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) offers,
- Specialized library with resources.
- Digital classrooms with internet and LCD projectors.
- Fully equipped computer labs with Wi-Fi.
- Latest Software and Hardware.
Comfortable accommodations and sports complexes, meeting halls, conference rooms and auditoriums are also provided to cater to the needs of the students.
Take a look at the infrastructure provided by Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) at Gallery.
HPUBS Shimla Faculty
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) employs the experienced and best faculties in their specific fields. They impart excellent knowledge not only for academics, for the students personal development as well.
The teaching methods that the faculties follow are aimed on improving various academic and management skills of the students. Some of the methods include management games, case studies and group discussions.
The teacher student ratio at Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS) is 12:1.
Read More: HPUBS Shimla Faculty
HPUBS Shimla FAQs
Ques. How to apply for Hostel facilities at HPUBS?
Ques. What is the total number of seats for the MBA program?
Ques. What is the tuition fee at HPUBS?
Ques. What is the format of HPU-MAT?
Ques. Where should I get the application form for Wi-Fi access?