St. Joseph's Institute of Technology is a higher education institution in Chennai, India offering UG and PG courses such as BE/ BTech, and ME. in various specializations. The courses are offered to students to fulfill the eligibility criteria of both merit and entrance based process. Admissions at the college are mostly merit-based. The interested students may visit the campus for the registration to apply for the admission.
In the recent placements of 2019, a total of 496 students got placed in companies such as Adobe, Altimetrik, Bajaj Capital, etc. with an average salary package of INR 2.25 LPA.
Check More: St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology Cut off
St. Joseph's Institute of Technology Awards and Rankings
- The College has produced the highest number of University ranks for so many years which stands as an example for their achievements.
- The College has bagged 36 Gold medals, 32 silver medals, and 930 other Ranks till 2019.
St. Joseph's Institute of Technology Highlights
|Established | Type||2011 | Private|
|Accreditations/ Recognition||NBA Accredited AICTE Approved|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate: B.E. - CSE, ECE, EEE & Mech. Engg. & B.Tech. IT|
|Admission criteria||Merit and entrance based|
|Accepted exam score||TNEA|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Departments||Science & Engineering|
|Campus Size||27 Acre|
St. Joseph's Institute of Technology Courses
Following are the programs offered by St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology, Chennai:
|Computer Science & Engineering||
10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as Main subjects
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|B.Tech.||Information Technology||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as Main subjects|
|M.E.||Electronics & Communication||B.E. or B.Tech. from any recognized university|
St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology Admissions
The candidates seeking admission in B.E. & B.Tech. must have passed class XII in relevant subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) from any of the following boards - state boards, CBSE, ICSE, etcetera. Selection to all the courses is strictly based on merit in the qualifying exam. Merit list is prepared considering the candidate’s performance in the top four subjects in the qualifying exam and the performance in the concerned subject. The admissions generally begin in June every year. The application process for all the courses is conducted through online mode i.e. the candidate is required to visit the official website of SJIT to apply for admission.
How to apply?
- Visit the admission page of SJIT.
- Fill up the application form correctly and choose your desired course.
- Candidates will be contacted by the concerned authority from the Institute.
- Candidates who get into the merit list need to appear for counselling to confirm the admission.
St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology Placements
The college has a specific cell for placements. 80% of students graduating from this college are placed within three months of their graduation. The prime objective of the Placement Division is to aid the students to get placed in leading national and multinational companies. St. Joseph's Centre for Training and Placement offers a meticulously planned Placement training schedule starting from the First semester itself which helps us maintain remarkable placement records every year.
The highest package was offered INR 6.2 LPA. The lowest Package was offered INR 2.4 LPA. Many of the top recruiting companies visited the campus for Summer Internships & Final Placements. Most of the students got placed for Summer Internship.
Top Recruiting Companies at SJIT Chennai are Bajaj Capital, HDFC, INFOSYS, Cognizant, Sony, Reliance, TCS, WIPRO, Swiggy, etc.
St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology Facilities
- Classroom - The Institute has twelve Audio-visual halls for conducting seminars and other Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. All the classrooms are equipped with LCD projectors and necessary teaching aids.
- Stationery - The student co-operative store supplies all textbooks, notebook records, observations, drawing boards, mini-drafters etc. The stationery stores supply all drawing sheets, graph sheets, polar sheets, pen, pencil, and other essential materials. The store which is situated in the campus provides items for day to day use.
- Internet Facility - More than 500 computers with internet connectivity. Hostel students can access the internet on holidays and after working hours. The entire campus is connected with Wi-Fi facilities.
- Gym – The institute strongly believes in the notion that exercise doesn't shape your body alone, it enhances your mood, attitude, and mind too. That is why it facilitates not one but three gyms each catering to the specific requirements of the students.
- Dispensary – The college campus has a well-stocked and well-equipped Dispensary with exceptional medical facilities to provide for every ailment under the sun along with a certified and established doctor-on-call. A separate sickbay is provided for girls to rest. Specially prepared food is also provided for students who are unwell or have dietary restrictions
St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology Scholarship
The management has introduced a merit scholarship of INR 23.35 lakhs to meritorious students who have secured university ranks. Apart from this the institutions have instituted scholarships worth INR 1.5 Crores for Class Toppers. Many of the students have received the “Innovative Student Project Award” instituted by The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) New Delhi and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Kozhikode. The College has produced more than 90% of results consistently right from its inception.
St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology FAQ
Ques. Do I need to appear for any competitive examination for admission into St. Joseph’s Institute of Technology, Chennai?
Ans. No, there is no such need to appear for any competitive examination. Students can apply directly by filling up the application form on the college’s website.
Ques. When can I apply for admission to SJIT, Chennai?
Ans. The admissions generally begin in June every year.
Ques. Is SJIT a good college?
Ans. Since its inception in 2011, the college has proven its knack through exceptional placement records & world-class amenities.