St. Xavier’s College Palayamkottai, Tamil Nadu was set up in 1923 by Rev. Fr. Jesuit, Madurai with an aim of developing generations of students for a healthy, happy and harmonious life. It is affiliated to Manonmaniam Sundaranar University. The college has been ranked at 74th position among the college category by NIRF. It offers Aided Courses and Self-Financed Courses which are running in Shift-I and Shift-II respectively. Admission to these courses is purely merit-based.
St Xavier’s College Tamil Nadu Highlights
|Type of college||Government (Autonomous)|
|Affiliated to||Manonmanium Sundaranar University|
|Approvals and Accreditations||UGC, NAAC|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Research program|
|Application mode||Online & offline|
St Xavier’s College Tamil Nadu Courses
St. Xavier’s College, Tamil Nadu offers a number of Aided & Self-financed courses. The top courses with their specializations are tabulated below:
|B. A.||Tamil, English, Economics||10+2 in any discipline|
|B.Com.||Commerce, Corporate Secretaryship||10+2 in commerce|
|B.Sc.||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Botany, Zoology, Visual Communication||10+2 in science|
|BBA||-||10+2 in any discipline|
|M. A.||Tamil, Folklore, English, Economics, Social Work||Graduation in the relevant discipline|
|M.Com.||Commerce||Graduation in the relevant discipline|
|M.Sc.||Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Information Technology||Graduation in the relevant discipline|
|M.Phil.||Computer Science, Botany, Tamil, Mathematics, Zoology||Post-Graduation in the relevant discipline|
|Ph. D||Tamil, English, Folklore, Commerce, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Botany, Zoology||Post-Graduation in the relevant discipline|
|MBA||-||Graduation in any field|
St Xavier’s College Tamil Nadu Admission
This college is basically a men’s college but basically 30% of women are admitted every year as per Govt. Rules. Admission to the various courses is based on merit scored by the students in the last qualifying exam. The name of selected applicants will be published on the notice board of the college. Final selection will be done based upon personal interview
- Visit the official site of the college
- Go to the admission section
- Click on application
- Fill out the required details in the application
- Pay the application fee via net banking/ credit card/ debit card
- Take a print copy of the application form
- Submit the same with the attested photocopies of required documents either in person or through the post to the college office
St Xavier’s College Tamil Nadu Facilities
The college has well-infrastructure & facilities to provide a good learning environment. The facilities at St. Xavier’s College are listed below.
- Instrumentation – The College is well equipped with proper necessary tools and instruments for students. They can use it carefully for their education, experiments, and researches.
- Green House – For the crop’s safety and their necessary plantation, the college is also having green park areas for the student’s relaxation and pleasant atmosphere.
- Research Thesis and Labs – The knowledge is worth and it will increase as it will be transferred in large amounts to others. That is why research labs are available in it.
- Journals and Library – The students can cheer up and gain knowledge with their best friends that are books. The library is available with a large number of books of various Authors and Journals.
Read more St. Xavier’s College Tamil Nadu Hostel
St. Xavier’s College Tamil Nadu FAQs
Ques: Does the college provide placement?
Ans: Yes, the college provides internship & placement to its students. Well-reputed companies participate in the campus drive conducted by the college to hire students
Ques: How does an applicant apply for admission?
Ans: The candidate has to fill the application form online and then submit the filled application form to the college office
Ques: Where St. Xavier’s College is located in Tamil Nadu?
Ans: It is located in the Palayamkottai region in Tamil Nadu.
Ques: Does the college provide accommodation?
Ans: Yes, the college provides a hostel for students with good facilities & food. The hostel fees are also reasonable