Sarah Tucker College is an autonomous college for women established in the year 1895. It is situated in the Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu and affiliated to Manonmaniam Sundaranar University. According to NIRF ranking 2020, the college is ranked at #101out of 200 colleges under the overall category. It offers B.Sc., BA, B.Com and BCA courses at the UG level and MA, M.Com, M.Sc. and MCA courses at the PG level. Admissions are granted on the basis of merit. Reputed companies visit the college for providing placement opportunities to students
Sarah Tucker College Highlights
|Institute Type||Public (Autonomous)|
|Affiliation||Manonmaniam Sundaranar University|
|Accreditation||NAAC with grade A|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Doctoral|
|Campus Area||40.61 Acres|
Sarah Tucker College Courses
The College offers both regular and self-financed courses in a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes.
|B. A. (Aided)||English, History (English & Tamil), Economics||10+2 in any stream|
|Tamil||10+2 with Economics, Commerce, Accountancy or any other.|
|B. A. (Self-Financed)||English||10+2 in any stream|
|B. SC. (Aided)||Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics||10+2 in Science stream with the relevant subjects|
|B.Sc.(Self-Financed)||Nano Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Food Science & Nutrition|
|B.Com. (Aided & Self-Financed)||-||10+2 with Commerce, Accountancy, and Mathematics/Business Mathematics/Statistics.|
|B. C. A (Self-Financed)||-||10+2 with Mathematics.|
|M. A. (Aided)||English, Economics, Tamil||B.A. in the relevant subject|
|M. A. (Self-Financed)||History||B.A. in History.|
|M. Sc. (Aided)||Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics||B.Sc. in the relevant stream|
|M. Sc. (Self-Financed)||Food Science and Community Nutrition, Chemistry, Zoology|
|MCA (Self-Financed)||-||Graduation with any one of the major subjects: Physics/Chemistry/Statistics/Mathematics/Commerce/Computer Science/Computer Application.|
|M.Phil.||English, Chemistry, Tamil||Post-graduation in the relevant subject with 55% marks|
|Ph.D.||English, Tamil, Chemistry, Zoology, Economics, Computer Science|
Read more: Sarah Tucker College Courses and Fees
Sarah Tucker College Admissions
Admissions to the courses are based on merit scored in the last qualifying examinations. For MCA admission, candidates need to have a valid score in TANCET
How to Apply?
- Visit the official site of the college
- Fill in Personal Details and submit.
- The candidate will get OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP & verify the mobile number.
- The candidate will receive “User Name” and “Password” on your mobile and mail ID.
- Fill in Academic Details & upload all certificates
- Select the courses
- Pay separately for each course and submit
Read more: Sarah Tucker College Admission
Sarah Tucker College Placements
The Career Counselling and Placement Cell primarily work as a link between industry and institute. It works under the guidance of the Training and Placement Team. The Cell is well equipped with outstanding infrastructure to maintain each and every stage of the placement process. It has been set up to look after:
- Internship of the students.
- Conducting various grooming sessions from Industry experts.
- Corporate grooming of the students.
- Conducting Guest lectures.
- Final placement of the Final Year students.
The Placement cell conducts various training programmes and workshops to enhance the student community to face the challenging job market. It encourages various companies and industries to provide the best career opportunities for the students.
Some of the top recruiters of the College include names like Accenture, Wipro, TCS, IDBI Bank, Canara Bank, Cube Yogi, ITES Company, CLR Neem, Centizen Inc., United States-India Branch, Simha Mobile & more
Read more: Sarah Tucker College Placement
Sarah Tucker College Scholarships
The College specializes in several categories of financial aids which are provided to the poor yet commendable and deserving students. A “Sarah Student Aid Cum Charity” scholarship has been instituted apart from other government scholarships so that capital will not be a hindrance to a deserving student. Given below are the scholarships offered by the College:
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme: This scholarship is provided to the students belonging to economically weaker sections of the minority community so as to provide them with higher educational opportunities. An amount of Rs 6000 will be granted to the candidates who have secured not less than 60% or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents is not more than Rs 2.0 lakhs.
- Uzhavar Scholarship Scheme: It will be given to the students whose guardians are Farmers and their annual income should not exceed Rs 2.0 lakhs.
- Sarah Scholarship: The money generated through Sarah Sales is utilized for aiding the Sarah scholarship to the poor and handicapped students of the College through prompt judgment and selection. Around 250 students are benefitted by this scheme every year. A scholarship amount of Rs 1000 is used for paying their course and examination fees. Nice dresses and other needful things are also provided to them, during Christmas.
- Scholarships for Visually Challenged: The College managed to provide scholarships for NGOs like Help the Blind Trust, and UDIS. Free hostel facilities are also given to visually impaired students.
- Higher Education Scholarship Scheme (HESS): Higher Education Scholarship Scheme was converted from Loan Scholarship Scheme, with an aid of Rs 7500 pa. for Degree courses and Rs 8000 for PG courses.
- SC/ST Scholarship: SC/ST/EC Hostellers (Aided and Self-Financed students) will be provided with this scholarship in order to improve the socio-economic status of Adi Dravidar, Tribal and Adi Dravidar converted to Christianity.
- BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship: This scholarship will be offered to the students belonging to BC/MBC/DNC category who are pursuing a 3 year Degree course and the annual income of whose family does not exceed Rs 2.0 lakhs.
- Beedi Scholarship Scheme: The aim of this scholarship is to ensure no child labour in any hazardous sector. An amount of Rs 3000 is provided as financial aid for the education of the wards of Beedi workers.
Read more: Sarah Tucker College Scholarships
Sarah Tucker College Facilities
Following are the facilities provided by the College to cater to the need of the students:
- Hostel: The hostel accommodation of the institution is splendid with the best available facilities and resources to satisfy the needs of the students. The hostels are managed by the Principal as Chief Warden and other sub Wardens. The campus holds a total of 5 hostels, accommodating about 600 students and staff members from various parts of Tamil Nadu and also other states in India:
- Library: The College owns an excellent Central Library with a total carpet area of 3332.50 square feet. The library is well stocked with 53753 volumes of books, 47 National and 6000+ (Online) International Journals. It contains enough learning and reference materials to update the students with recent trends. Every department library is facilitated with internet access which enables the faculty to enhance the teaching methods. With the assistance of an efficient librarian, the students also have access to INFLIBNET (Information and Library Network) facilities.
- Conference Halls: There are 5 well-furnished conference halls equipped with advanced technological accessories for the conduct of various programmes such as seminars, orientation, viva exams, and refresher programmes.
- Bank: The College also offers banking facilities for a smooth and quick transaction of money.
- Other Facilities:
Sarah Tucker College FAQs
Ques. What is the system of examination in Sarah Tucker College?
Ques. How are the faculties at this Sarah Tucker College?
Ques. Are there any Research facilities in Sarah Tucker College?
Ques. Does the Sarah Tucker College have any facility for Physically Disabled Candidates?
Ques. What is the ambience of Sarah Tucker College?