The Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences is a government college established in 2013. It offers the Undergraduate degree (MBBS) in the Faculty of Medicine, Paramedical courses, and Nursing courses. The admission to the college is based on the entrance exam like NEET/ KCET scores. Applicants can register themselves for admission online through the official website.
Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2013 | Government|
|Affiliated To||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved By||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, Paramedical Courses, B Sc. and Diploma (Nursing)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET, KCET|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance BAsed Merit-based (Nursing)|
Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences Courses
|MBBS||Duration: 5 ½ years (including 1 year of internship)
Eligibility: Minimum 50% in 10+2 (Physics, Chemistry, Biology compulsory)
Selection Criteria: Entrance Exam (NEET) and Counselling
|Diploma in Paramedical Technology||Specializations: Dialysis Technology, Health Inspector, Medical Imaging Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Records Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Ophthalmology Technology.
Duration: 2 years (10+2), 3 years (10th)
Eligibility: 10+2 pass (PCM), 10th pass (With Science)
Selection Criteria: Merit-based and Counselling (PMB Karnataka)
|B.Sc. Nursing||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Minimum 45% in 10+2 (PCB)
Selection Criteria: Merit-based
Read More: Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences Fees
Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences Admission
All admissions to the Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences is done based on a candidate’s performance in the NEET examination. Shortlisted candidates will go through counseling either through the All India Counselling or the State Counselling (Karnataka NEET Counselling).
How to Apply?
- Candidates interested in GIMS have to register themselves on the official website.
- Counselling Round 1: Choose colleges and courses you’re interested in.
- Seat Allotment Round 1: The seat allotment is done based on vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- If you’re allotted a seat in the first round, you have to report to the college for admission.
- Counselling Round 2: If you didn’t register in the first round, you can do so for the second round, and choose colleges/courses.
- Seat Allotment Round 2: Done based on vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- If you’re allotted a seat in the second round, you report to the college for admission.
All admissions to the Paramedical Courses at Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences is done via the Karnataka Paramedical Board.
- Interested candidates are supposed to apply online on the official website.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Final admissions will be done based on counseling by the Paramedical Board.
Applications for nursing courses are accepted on the KEA website.
- On the website, forms for B Sc. nursing will be available.
- Candidates are required to fill up the forms and upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Keep application numbers safe.
- Admissions will be based on merit-lists released by the institution.
Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences Cutoff
- Prospective candidates are required to obtain a minimum qualifying percentile in the NEET entrance examination.
- SC/ ST/ OBC candidates have to obtain marks in the 40th percentile to qualify for the counseling process.
The All India Quota Cut-Off Ranks for Karnataka in 2019 were as follows –
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
The State Cut-Off Ranks in 2019 were as follows –
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
Specifically for Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences, the All India Closing Ranks for 2019 were –
|Course||Category||Opening All India rank||Closing All India rank|
Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences Facilities
- Hostels: GIMS Gulbarga has separate hostels for boys and girls. These spaces are well equipped with all modern facilities, including, kitchen, nutritious meals, and a portable source of drinking water.
- Recreation: The university campus has a multi-functional sports field for outdoor games like football, cricket, badminton, volleyball, and plenty of indoor games. Furthermore, there is a well-equipped gymnasium with the training staff.
- Library: The medical college has an extensive library that is stocked with books, journals, reading material spanning all departments. It also has over 40 computers with internet access. The reading room provides a seating capacity for 320 students.
Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences FAQs
Ques. How are the counseling seats divided at the Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences?
Ans. The Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences admissions is divided between the All India Counselling and the State Counselling. All India Counselling is 15%, State Counselling is 85%.
Ques. Is there a reservation in the seats at Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences?
Ans. Yes. The 15% All India Quota has seats reserved for the following categories – GN: 17, GNPH: 01, SC: 03, ST: 02.
Ques. Is there any maximum age limit to give NEET?
Ans. As of 2020, there is no maximum age limit. However, the applicant has to be at least 17 to be eligible to give NEET.
Ques. Is there an age limit for Paramedical Courses at Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences?
Ans. Candidates should be at least 15 years of age, and no more than 35.
Ques. What are the counseling fees for MBBS at Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences?
Ans. For general candidates, the counseling fees are INR 1000. For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the fees are INR 500.