Kodagu Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), situated in Madikeri, Karnataka was established in 2016. It is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore and approved by MCI. The institute offers a full-time MBBS program of 4.5 years duration with 1 year of mandatory internship. The admission is purely entrance-based. The college has good infrastructure and well-experienced faculty members.
KIMS Kodagu Highlights
|Established | College type||2016 | Government|
|Name of the Entrance||NEET-UG|
KIMS Kodagu Courses
The institute offers a full-time MBBS program. The course with its details is mentioned below:
Course: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Duration- 4.5 years with a 1-year compulsory internship
Eligibility- Candidates should have completed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology as mandatory subjects
Selection Criteria- Selection is based on NEET scores
Kodagu Institute of Medical Sciences Admission
Candidates seeking admission at this institute have to qualify NEET-UG. NEET-UG is a national level entrance test conducted by NTA for admission to undergraduate medical programs in various Govt. and Private medical colleges.
NEET-UG Cut-off 2019
- Visit the Institute’s official website
- Download the application form
- Fill in the form with correct personal and educational details.
- Attach the required documents
- Pay the application fee via SBI challan
- Submit the application form via post
KIMS Kodagu Scholarships
The Institute provides different scholarship facilities to its students to support the students in continuing their education. Students can get scholarships under the following categories -
- Merit-cum need-based Scholarship for deserving students
- Fee concessions for students belonging to economically weaker backgrounds.
- National & Merit scholarships under state & central Govt.
- Scholarships for SC/ST/OBC students
KIMS Kodagu Facilities
- Hostel- The Institute has a separate hostel for boys and girls. They are provided with 24/7 water and electricity, a hygienic canteen. The study rooms are equipped with fast Internet, computers. The recreation room has a TV, music, and indoor games available.
- Playground- There is a spacious playground for outdoor games. There are 4 badminton courts and quite some indoor games facilities available.
- Gymnasium- The College also has a gymnasium available for students for regular fitness activities.
- Medical facilities- There are medical facilities available for students 24/7 with about 319 beds and clinical facilities in various departments including Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, etc.
- Other Facilities- Cafeteria, Library, Auditorium, Labs, Internet, Hospital, Sports complex
Kodagu Institute of Medical Sciences FAQs
Ques: Does the college offer Postgraduate courses?
Ans: No, Institute does not offer Postgraduate courses.
Ques: Are there library facilities for students?
Ans: Yes, the Institute has a library that comprises 3100 medical books and a total of 20 journals which include 14 Indian and 6 foreign journals. There is a digital library available with 25 computers and Internet facilities for students.
Ques: What are the hostel fees for KIMS Kogadu?
Ans: The hostel fee is around INR 4,000/- per year with a good amount of facilities available for the students.
Ques: Can outstation students apply here too?
Ans: Yes, outstation students can apply too; however, the quota allotted for the students applying from outside of Karnataka is 15%