College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta Hospital (CMSDH), Kolkata was established in 2011. It is accredited by MCI and is affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
CMSDH, Kolkata offers MBBS as a UG course and MD with various specializations as a PG course. It also offers a diploma in multiple subfields in medicine.
Admission to MBBS is through NEET-UG and MD via NEET-PG
Following are the highlights of CMSDH:
|Approved by||MCC and WBMoHFW|
|Set By||Govt. of West Bengal|
|Courses Offered||I) MBBS ii) MD with specialisations|
|Admission Criteria||NEET Cut-off AIQ and West Bengal State Cut-Off|
|Campus Area||17.63 acres|
|Facilities||Library, Labs, Nursing College, Hospital, Blood Bank & Separate Intern and Residential Quarters|
CMSDH Courses Offered
College of Medicine and Sagore Dutta College offers MBBS only as an undergraduate course and MD with specializations as a postgraduate course. Diplomas in different fields are also available. The key features of the courses have been tabulated below:
|MBBS||Duration: The duration of the course is 4.5 years + 1-year internship
Eligibility: NEET cutoff/ rank list
|MD/MS||Duration: The duration of the course is 3 years.
Specializations: Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Ophthalmology, Anesthesiology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Chest Medicine
Eligibility: NEET PG cutoff/rank list
|Diploma||Duration: The duration of the course is 1 year.
Specializations: Medical Lab Technology, Radiology, Critical Care Technology, Physiotherapy, Optometry with Ophthalmic Technique, Electrocardiographic Technique (Bridge Course): ECG Technician (Bridge Course), Operation Theatre Technology
Eligibility: Class 10+2 marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Read More: CMSDH Courses
- Admission to MBBS has based on NEET UG cut-off for CMSDH based on AIQ rank. Applicants who have cleared the CMSDH cut-off can apply for admission in the MCC website or WBMCC website.
- 125 seats are available for MBBS in CMSDH and intake of admission by MCC is 50% and 50% by WBMCC. Counseling schedules, seat matrix, and processes can be found on MCC and WBMCC websites.
How to apply?
Steps to be followed:
- Go to MCC website or WBMCC
- Select New registration (if not registered before) or Candidate Login if registered already
- Login with same email-id and phone number that was used for NTA NEET registration
- Upload all important & asked details in the form incl. NEET scorecard details and pay the registration fee.
- After paying the fee, applicants can select colleges of their choice and lock those choices.
- The colleges allotted in the first round will be based on the cut-offs of the colleges & state.
- Applicants can confirm the college they have been allotted or wait for further rounds.
After allotment of CMSDH, applicants must take all the necessary documents for manual verification and payment of fees, to the college.
For counseling, details click here.
- Admission to MD/MS with specializations is based on NEET PG cut off for CMSDH.
- Similar to UG admission PG also takes 50% candidates from MCC based on AIQ rank and other 50% from WBMCC.Schedules, seat matrix and further essential details can be found on MCC PG and WBMCC PG websites.
How to apply?
Steps to be followed:
- Visit MCC website or WBMCC
- Candidates have to apply for Pre-Counseling and pay an online fee for counseling registration.
- Applicants need to take required documents for manual document verification.
- Post document verification, the eligible list & seat matrix will be published on the websites.
- Candidates then have to follow these steps: Registration, Choice Filling, and Locking of Choices.
- Seats will be allotted for the first round based on cut-offs and will be published as given in the schedule.
- Provisionally selected candidates need to appear at the allotted college for final verification, fee payment.
- Candidates can also wait for further rounds(limited no.of rounds) to get a college of their choice.
Read More: CMSDH Admission
The college has a brilliant infrastructure and various facilities available for students including:
- The academic building houses the central library, lecture theatres, demonstration rooms and practical laboratories along with the auditorium and the morgue.
- The six-storey hospital buildings have 500 beds and 11 O.T.s.
- Separate hostels for boys & girls. Separate hostel for interns and residents
- Tertiary Cancer Care Centre
- Attached Nursing College and vast residential quarters.
Teachers and instructors of APC are well qualified, experienced and co-operative with all students. Some extra knowledge is also provided to students like soft skill development classes, debates and interview practices.
Read More: CMSDH Faculty
Ques. What are the internship opportunities in CMSDH?
Ans. After completion of 4.5 years, of course, students have to complete a 1-year compulsory rotatory internship as trainee doctors in a hospital. Stipend ranges from Rs 2000 /- to Rs 3000/- per month.
Ques. What are the placement opportunities in CMSDH?
Ans. Students are offered jobs in private or govt. Hospitals but they need to obtain a medical license before taking up the appointment.
Ques. Are any scholarships offered in CMSDH?
Ans. The college itself doesn’t give any scholarships, but students can apply for government scholarships like SC/ST scholarships, Merit-based scholarships, Vivekananda Scholarships.
Ques. How is the faculty and campus life like in CMSDH?
Ans. The faculty is quite experienced professors who are doctors first themselves. There are many student fests, clubs conducted in the college, details of which can be found on the college website.