Women Institute of Technology (WIT), Dehradun was established in the year 2012, owes its affiliation to Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU), Dehradun, and deems to be one of the first four colleges established under the university. It is the first women-only college established under the state government of Uttarakhand. The college offers B.Tech courses in five branches of engineering including civil, mechanical, electrical, electronics & communication, and computer science engineering, especially for providing academic opportunities to women.
WIT Dehradun Highlights
|Affiliated to||Uttarakhand Technical University|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||JEE Mains|
WIT Dehradun Courses
Women Institute of Technology offers full-time courses in science and engineering. There are a total of five engineering courses offered by the college. It has an intake of 30 seats each for every course offered. The course curriculum for the available streams is closely designed under the mentorship of experienced faculty from Uttarakhand Technical University and is duly approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Computer Science Engineering|
Read more: WIT Dehradun Courses and Fees
WIT Dehradun Admission
Admissions to the courses offered by the Women Institute of technology are based purely on the entrance. The admission as well as the course allotted depends on the preference selected by the candidate during form fillup as well as on the aggregate marks secured by the candidate in the various accepted testing parameters.
Any candidate who has secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in PCM in (10+2) examination from a recognized Board, or has a B.Sc. or diploma in a relevant course recognized by the AICTE is eligible for admission. Admissions are granted on the basis of a valid JEE Mains score and subsequent counselling by online counselling.
The admission process adheres to the guidelines laid down by Uttarakhand Technical University. Lateral admissions to the courses are done through Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam. The total number of students admitted every year is close to 160.
Admission is done both through online and offline mediums. One has to register online and then report at the college with the required documents once selected on the basis of the academic details. The detailed application process is mentioned below:
- To be considered for the admission process, the aspiring candidates first have to register themselves on the official website of the college(www.wit.ac.in)
- To register, one needs to visit the official website and hover the cursor over the “admissions 2020” tab on the top right of the website layout
- A menu will scroll down with the option “online registration 2020”, clicking on this will open an e-form
- One needs to fill in the e-form carefully with all academic and verification details. One will also need to fill in their preferred branch of engineering.
- The form gets submitted after clicking on the “submit form” option and e-mail confirmation of successfully registering for admissions is sent to the email ID provided by the student.
- After the registration process is complete, the candidate is summoned to the college for further verification of academic certificates and verification and counselling. The branch is allotted during the counselling session.
- The list of documents required while reporting at the college for admission is as follows:
- Allotment Letter(sent by college in mail)
- Marksheets and Certificates of all educational qualifications.(i.e 10th/12th/diploma)
- Category /Subcategory Certificate(if applicable)
- Domicile(if applicable)
- Medical Certificate
- Character Certificates (Last Attended School/ College )
- Transfer/Migration certificate
- 4 Passport Size colored Photographs
- Bank Draft of INR 300 in favor of “Director Women Institute of Technology Dehradun”.
* One-time registration fee of INR 300 and enrollment fee of INR 1500 has to be paid during the admission.
Read more: WIT Dehradun Admission
WIT Dehradun Placements
The college strives to ensure the maximum number of placement opportunities for its students. It focuses on skill development and the effective application of technology. The college has an actively functioning placement cell with cordial relationships with all industrial recruiters. The placement cell also organizes relevant training programs for its students to be abreast of dynamic industry standards.
The faculty is passionate and helpful and focuses on the overall development of their students, both in technical knowledge and soft skills. Women Institute of Technology has even signed an MoU with the Industries Association of Uttarakhand (IAU) for enhancement of placement opportunities available to the students.
Students from the institute actively participated in the Uttarakhand Investor’s Summit 2018 where they attended various workshops set up by industrial recruiters and found themselves exposed to articulated, placement related training by industrial professionals. The college has always been passionate about its students’ future and has facilitated many global recruiters to visit the college during the placement season.
The 2018-19 placement session statistics at a glance:
- Number of students placed: 78
- Total number of visiting companies: 30+
- Branch with maximum placements: Computer Science Engineering
- Highest salary package: INR 12.4 LPA
- Lowest salary package: INR 2.16 LPA
- Average salary package: INR 3.5 LPA
The college witnesses visits of many industrial recruiters for its students owing to the efficiency of the placement cell, the dedication of the faculty, coupled with support from the state government, and the academic abilities and skills garnered by the students through the conducive environment of the college.
The college has witnessed repeat recruiters over the years and close to 100 students are placed in multinational companies every placement season
Below is a table of the most prominent recruiters from the Woman Institute of Technology
|Webkul||Goteso||Hexaware Technologies||Global Logic|
|Value Prospect||RMS||Kelton Tech||Collar Search|
|Tommy Hilfiger||Tata Consultancy||Extra Marks||Daffodils|
Read more: WIT Dehradun Placement
WIT Dehradun Scholarships
Women Institute of Technology awards scholarships to meritorious and financially challenged students through a number of scholarship programs. Some of these programs and their respective provisions are listed below:
- The institute provides a 100% tuition fee waiver to the students belonging to families lying under the poverty line (2-3 seats per program) and a 50% tuition fee waiver to the students applying for a “mercy” scholarship.
- Various central schemes under the Ministry Of Minority Affairs like Post Matriculation Scholarship Schemes for Minorities, Merit Cum Means Scholarships for Professional and Technical Courses are supported by the institute for the betterment of meritorious students.
- Other state schemes like Post Matriculation Scholarships for the OBC, SC and
ST candidates of Bihar, Uttarakhand, Tripura, J&K, etc. are also channeled by the institute for the growth and development of category candidates.
Read more: WIT Dehradun Scholarships
WIT Dehradun Facilities
Women Institute of Technology is adorned with several states of the art facilities and modern amenities for the convenience and betterment of all its students. The college promises a holistic development of all its students whilst ensuring the utmost safety standards, precautions, and care. A brief of the various facilities available are as follows:
- Library - The library at the institute provides access to expensive reference and course materials available for all the students. Students can enlarge their knowledge with the availability of journals, academic studies, research papers managed systematically and acquired periodically. Regular subscriptions to conference proceedings from various Seminars around the country, scientific papers, peer-reviewed journals all enhance the knowledge of the students and provide them with the opportunity to access new trends, inventions, discoveries, created in the scientific field.
- Smart Classes- The institute competes at par with the best universities with its state-of-the-art classrooms. The institute has smart classrooms equipped with projectors, visualizers, smart boards, and modern furniture. The faculty ensures that students are taught via presentations, videos, and other audio-visual aids to facilitate high-quality education. Class projects, demonstrations are all made with the use of digital media for the better comprehension of students.
- Workshops and laboratories- The Institute is equipped with a workshop and a laboratory for every branch of engineering to facilitate the hands-on experience for its students. Practical sessions and workshops are conducted under the supervision of faculty members and aides. The institute firmly believes that students need a practical demonstration of knowledge and their well-equipped workshops play a pivotal role in imparting quality education.
- Hostels- The institute has a tie-up facility with a girls’ hostel to provide security and quality services for female students. Residential facilities include furnished rooms with a bed, mattress, study table, chair, almirah, curtains, and mirror. The hostel campus has a spacious lawn for outdoor recreation. A regular supply of fresh & pure drinking water is available around the clock. Maintenance staff looks after the regular cleanliness, maintenance, and up-gradation of services.
- Other facilities:
- Recreation Room for indoor sports
- Outdoor Sports ground
- Reading room attached with library
- Language lab
- Smart Boards and LCD projectors
- Use of course-specific software
- 24*7 wi-fi enabled campus
- Upgraded Computer Laboratory
- ATM facility
Check WIT Dehradun Reviews
WIT Dehradun FAQs
Ques. How is the infrastructure at WIT Dehradun?
Ans. Infrastructure keeps constantly developing at the Women Institute of Technology. The administration constantly keeps upgrading its facilities for the convenience and enhancement of academic fervor in their students by providing for a safe, yet modern, study conducive environment. According to the annual report published by the college, several facilities have been recently upgraded, including the following:
- The laboratories were modernized and strengthened by procuring the latest equipment.
- Classrooms were updated with Smart Boards and LCD Projectors.
- Course-specific software was procured to improve teaching-learning
- Furniture required for modernization of laboratories, Computer Centre and
classrooms were procured.
- Computer centers were upgraded to meet curricular and research requirements.
Ques. What are the events organized by WIT Dehradun?
Ans. On the occasion of Women’s Day on 8th March 2019, various activities were successfully organized at Women Institute of Technology, Dehradun for the welfare of girl students. A free medical health checkup camp was organized in association with FOGSI and CAN Protect Foundation at Campus. An awareness run of 3 km was organized under the banner “Run4Nine” aiming to get people to talk about periods and drive awareness on Menstrual hygiene. This was followed by free medical breast cancer and general women’s problem checkup camp for students, faculty, and staff at Women Institute of Technology. The foundation teams included doctors of esteemed hospitals like Max's super specialty hospital and CMI hospital. Apart from this, various co-curricular events, marathons, awareness campaigns are organized by the college on a regular basis.
Ques. How is the faculty at WIT Dehradun? What is the pass percentage of students from various branches?
Ans. Women Institute of Technology houses a trained group of educators with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in the academic field. All the members of the faculty hold B.tech and M.tech from reputed colleges all over the country. Some faculty have also finished their Ph.D. and have been successful in publishing several research papers by their name. There are a total of 48 faculty members in the college. The pass percentage of various branches are mentioned below:
Civil Engineering: 73%
Electronics and Communication: 85%
Ques. What are some of the awards won by WIT Dehradun?
Ans. The college and its students have won numerous prestigious awards in the recent past.
- WIT was felicitated by Uttarakhand state BJP president, who presented a booklet on biggest achievements in 4 years of honorable Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi’s Government to Dr. Alakananda Ashok, Director WIT.
- The college was awarded an educational excellence award for “Best Innovative Engineering Institute” By Shri Harish Rawat (Honorable Former Chief Minister Of Uttarakhand) and Smt Indira Hridayesh (Honorable Former Minister for Higher Education).
- Students won the award for UTU open Table Tennis Competition
- Students won the award for Volleyball and Badminton Competition held in
Dehradun Institute of Technology Dehradun
- Students won the Certificate of Achievement for their Project under
Environmental Friendly Category held in Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions Dehradun.
Apart from these, the college has successfully participated in various state and national events and has established itself as an imminent technical institution.
Ques. What are some training programs organized by WIT Dehradun for its students? What are some of its future plans?
Ans. Women Institute of Technology organizes various training and counseling programs for its students to work on their cognitive abilities and test the applicability of their knowledge. It regularly holds personality development workshops, employability and skill development programs and organizes motivational talks by recognized speakers to keep its students aware and confident. Within the next five years, the college plans to achieve the following goals:
- To improve non-cognitive and soft skills including communication and presentation skills in students.
- To develop and implement GATE as a mandatory exit examination for students
- To achieve NBA accreditation for at least two B.tech courses.
- Achieve 100% placement.
- To Organize frequent innovation and knowledge Sharing workshops to improve knowledge sharing, to gather practical knowledge, and to bridge the gap between theoretical and practical knowledge.