National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) Ahmedabad is one of the seven schools under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers of India. The institute offers Masters and Doctoral degrees in pharmaceutical sciences. The location of the institution makes it even more important to study there as it is located near a pharmaceutical company. NIPER serves as a platform for best research and education in the field of biomedical science and pharmaceutical. NIPER Ahmedabad ranks 9th in NIRF Ranking. Admission to the courses is merit-based in the online examination (NIPER JEE) and the application process for the same in both online and offline.
NIPER Ahmedabad is inviting applications to PhD Admission 2021. Eligible candidates can visit the official website to apply till April 15, 2021.
NIPER Ahmedabad Highlights
|Established in| Type||2007| Autonomous|
|Courses||Masters and Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||NIPER JEE|
|Mode of Registration||Online and Offline|
NIPER Ahmedabad Courses
NIPER Ahmedabad offers masters and doctoral courses in the field of medicine and pharmacy. The courses along with eligibility and available seats are tabulated below
M. S. (Pharm.)
|Discipline||Eligibility for Application||Available Seats|
|Biotechnology||B. Pharm; M.Sc.(Biological Sciences)||10|
|Medical Devices||B. Pharm||10|
|Medicinal Chemistry||B. Pharm.; M.Sc.(Organic chemistry)||16|
|Natural Products||B. Pharm.; M.Sc.(Organic chemistry)||10|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis||B. Pharm; M.Sc. (Organic/Analytical Chemistry)||20|
|Pharmacology & Toxicology||B. Pharm; B. V. Sc.; M.B.B.S.||16|
NIPER- Ahmedabad is offering Ph.D. degree in following disciplines.
|Discipline||Proposed Seats for 2019|
|Pharmacology & Toxicology||00|
Read More NIPER Ahmedabad Course and Fees
NIPER Ahmedabad Admission
Applicants can apply online as well as offline for all courses. The admission to various courses in the NIPER Ahmedabad is as follows. Since the student can secure a seat through the NIPER JEE exam, he/she can follow these steps to apply for the same:
- The students must visit the official website to download the application form.
- Click Registration Link and create a username and password.
- All the required information like name, date of birth, address, subject, etc. must be duly filled.
- After this, the student must go ahead with the payment. For M.S: INR 2000/- (general merit) or INR 1000 (For SC/ST).
- The payment can be done through credit card, debit card, net banking or e-challan methods.
- After payment, the student has to initiate a digital signature.
- The documents to be uploaded in the application form are Passport Sized photograph, address proof, 10th and 12th exam marks cards, reservation certificate (If available), Medical certificate (If available), Valid GPAT/GATE/NET score card (If available).
Read More NIPER Ahmedabad Admissions
NIPER Ahmedabad Facilities
The university is well-constructed with humongous infrastructure and has a lot of facilities for students.
- Computer Facility: NIPER-Ahmedabad has a central computer facility for the students and staff to avail of the Internet facility. Uninterrupted Internet service to all students, faculty, and staff connected 100 Mbps National Knowledge Network (NKN).
- Wifi Facility: All faculty rooms, Seminar room, Classrooms, library, and laboratories are also provided with Wi-FI facility. Apart from this all classrooms, seminar rooms, the auditorium is equipped with Projector, TV, video conference facility, etc for the conducive learning environment.
- Hostel: The Institute has a separate hostel for boys and girls, which are in the nearby locality. The bus facility is available for the students residing in the hostel. The hostel rooms are spacious and well-furnished. Each student is provided with basic furniture including a chair, study table, cupboard, and a bed at the beginning of the academic year.
- Recreation: Students of NIPER Ahmedabad Participate In a variety of indoor games, outdoor games, and gym activities. Instead of confining a student to research and classroom studies, such recreational activities are largely encouraged by NIPER-Ahmedabad to promote an all-round personality development of a student.
- Canteen: Canteen is located on the Institute campus, which provides a variety of hygienic and healthy food, snacks and beverages, etc. Keeping in view the requirements of research students, the canteen remains open until extended hours as well as during weekends.
NIPER Ahmedabad FAQs
Ques: Are there any detailed instructions to guide an applicant for submitting an online application?
Ans: Yes, an applicant must refer to the detailed instructions which are available on the website http://www.niper.ac.in/ for filling up the online application before doing so, which are available. All the information regarding the eligibility conditions and requirement of qualified examinations etc. are also available in the Information Brochure available on NIPER Website.
Ques: What is the procedure to pay the fee for the examination?
Ans: There are two options for the payment of the fee:
- Pay by e-Challan in any branch of State Bank of Patiala.
- Pay by Net-Banking facility.
Detailed information regarding the mode of payment of registration fee is also available in the information Brochure.
Ques: Is it necessary to Qualify in GPAT for appearing in NIPER JEE‐PhD Entrance Exam?
Ans: Qualifying in GPAT is a necessary condition for appearing in NIPER JEE‐PhD Entrance Exam.
Ques: Is the NIPER JEE exam online or offline?
Ans: NIPER JEE will be a computer-based test. The candidate will have to mark the answers in an OMR sheet.