Vaish College, Rohtak is affiliated to Maharshi Dayanand University and was established in 1946 under the Vaish Education Society (VES). The college is recognized by UGC, New Delhi. It offers various UG and PG courses in the fields of Science, Arts, and Commerce. Admission to these courses is merit-based. Applicants looking forward to getting admission to the college can apply online.
Vaish College Rohtak Highlights
|Established | Type||1946 | Government|
|Affiliated to||Maharshi Dayanand University|
|Approved by||UGC, New Delhi|
Vaish College Rohtak Courses
The college offers various courses at undergraduate as well as postgraduate levels under various specializations. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
Intermediate graduate with at least 33% marks in aggregate for admission to B.A. Sem I, 40% marks for B.Com. & 45% marks for B.Com. (Hons.) Sem I (minimum pass marks in case of SC/ST candidates) OR Diploma in Pharmacy Course (for B.A./B.Sc.) OR 3-year professional diploma programs conducted by the State Board of Technical Education Haryana without passing English and Hindi subjects at 10+2 level for admission to B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. courses.
|M.Com||-||B.Com. (Hons. / Pass) BBA or B.A. with Economics/Commerce Marketing/Insurance as a subject with at least 45% marks in aggregate or any equivalent exam|
|M.Sc||Physics||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Physics/B.Sc. (Pass) with Physics and Mathematics as two of the main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate or any equivalent exam|
|Chemistry||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Chemistry/B.Sc. (Pass) with Chemistry as the main subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate or any equivalent exam|
|Mathematics||B.A./B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics/B.A./B.Sc. Pass with Mathematics as one main subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate or any equivalent exam|
Read more Vaish College Courses & Fees
Vaish College Rohtak Admissions
Admission to all the courses at Vaish College Rohtak is merit-based. Candidates seeking admission to different courses must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- The admission procedure for the courses is online. The college will announce the commencement of the counseling and the merit lists for the same on its website.
- Candidates are to register and fill up the application form for the college on the Higher Education Online Admission which is a web portal for admissions to all colleges of Haryana. To register click here.
- Candidates are supposed to visit the college in the allotted counseling time period to fill the admission form and verify the documents.
- The seats will be allocated as per the availability.
Tabulated below are the total seats available for admission in undergraduate programs at Vaish College Rohtak:
|Courses||Total no. of seats|
|B.Sc (Non- Med)||160|
|B.Sc (Non-Med) Computer Science||60|
Tabulated below are the total seats available for admission in postgraduate programs at Vaish College Rohtak:
|Courses||Total no. of seats|
Vaish College Rohtak Placement
The college has a good placement record. During the three-year course, period companies visit the campus twice or thrice. It also provides internships to all its students sometimes unpaid but to gain work experience. The students may be placed in or outside Rohtak depending on the recruiter. Their top recruiters include TCS, Reliance, Share Khan, etc.
Know more Vaish College Rohtak Placement
Vaish College Rohtak Scholarships
There are a few scholarships available for the economically backward classes. Also, the college believes in encouraging students to keep working hard, hence meritorious students have been awarded financial aid under Merit scholarships like the Merit-cum-Means scholarship program, etc.
Click here Vaish College Rohtak Scholarships
Vaish College Rohtak Faculty
The teachers of this institution believe in its goal of providing meaningful higher education and are a strong pillar that helps support this institution. There are 40 teachers under the aided teaching faculty category. The faculty has made remarkable academic contributions particularly in the fields of Hindi, Physics, Political science, Zoology, Chemistry, English, and Commerce. Most of the teachers have good qualifications with research degrees.
Vaish College Rohtak Facilities
The institute has various facilities to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members. Following are is a brief about the same:
- Computer labs: The college has a computer lab to help students with their assignments and research. The lab is open for students to use 24 hours.
- Library: The college has a well-stocked library to facilitate the students with their projects.
- Sports The college has a gym, playground and sports clubs to look after the physical fitness of the students.
- Careers facilities: These facilities are to provide counseling to students who are unsure of what field they want to enter after graduation.
- Hostels: The college has hostel facilities available for both boys and girls near to the college.
Vaish College Rohtak FAQs
Ques.When do I apply?
Ans. Students can apply after the 10+2 exam results are announced. The link to apply for the same and get admission forms will be uploaded on the website.
Ques. How do I apply?
Ans. Students can download the application form from the website after the link has been uploaded. Fill in the appropriate details and submit it according to the guidelines that will be provided.
Ques. Is there any hostel accommodation available?
Ans. Yes, there is Hostel accommodation available for both girls and boys, it is very near to the college and also has parking facilities available.
Ques. What are the documents required?
Ans. The documents required are:
- Copy of application form
- Matric (10th) Marksheet
- 10+2 Marksheet
- Migration Certificate (Other than Haryana Board)
- Character Certificate
- NCC/ NSS/Sports ( Weightage ) Certificate
- Domicile Haryana
- Income (SC/BC scholarship) and approved format from tehsildar
- Caste Certificate
- Affidavit for Gap Year (if applicable)
Ques. What is the qualification necessary?
Ans. Students must qualify the 10 + 2 or any equivalent examination to be considered an eligible candidate for the undergraduate courses in the science, arts or commerce fields. For postgraduate courses, students must have graduated with a bachelor’s degree in the related discipline.