Chalapathi Institute of Technology - [CIT], Guntur, Andhra Pradesh is a private engineering college in Mothadaka area of Guntur in Andhra Pradesh established in 2008. The institute is runned and managed by Chalapathi Educational Society, Guntur was founded by Sri Y. V. Anjaneyulu in 1995. The institute is affiliated to JNTU, Kakinada. The institute offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Diploma courses in 5 different engineering departments.
Top industry giants like Infosys, ICICI Bank, Wipro, Cognizant, Zensar, ADP, and many more regularly visit the campus as a part of their campus drive to recruit the students. Admission is provided on two basis, first the Convener Quota, where admission is offered on the basis of admission test, and the other is Management Quota, where seats are filled with NRI Quota seats.
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada|
|Accredited to||NAAC A|
|Run and Managed By||Chalapathi Educational Society, Guntur|
|7 BTech Courses 5 MTech Courses 4 Diploma Courses|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based or NRI quota|
|Top recruiters||ICICI Bank, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant, TCS|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Canteen, Book Shop, Library, Campus Wifi, Auditorium, Sports|
|B.Tech.||Duration: 4 years|
Eligibility: 10+2 (Science with Mathematics)
Specialization offered: Computer Science and Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence), Computer Science and Engineering (Data Science), Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber Security), Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
|M.Tech.||Duration: 2 years|
Eligibility: Bachelor degree in relevant field
Specialization offered: Structural Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, VLSI and Embedded Systems Design, Power Systems Control and Automation Engineering
|Diploma||Duration: 1 year|
Eligibility: 10th pass
Specialization offered: Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering
Read More: CIT Guntur Courses & Fee Details
Admission at Chalapathi Institute of Technology, Guntur offering UG and PG courses are according to the AP State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) norms, 70% students of UG and PG programmes are admitted through centralized admissions organized by the Government (EAMCET for UG and GATE/PGECET for M.Tech) i.e., the Convener Quota and the remaining 30% students by Management or NRI quota i.e., B-Category Admission
In the Convener Quota:
For UG admission:
For PG admission:
The top recruiters in the college are TCS, ICICI Bank, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and many more.
The college has a dedicated placement cell. The activities done by the placement cell are:
Read More: CIT Guntur Placements
Many of the students have been provided with financial assistance from the Andhra Pradesh State Government. There are also many caste based welfare groups which provide financial students to the reserved category students for their upliftment. The state government also provides financial assistance to the students through the college.
Read More: CIT Guntur Scholarships
Read More: CIT Guntur Facilities
The institute has a total of 91 faculty members, all of them are postgraduate and some of them hold PhD in the relevant field.
Read More: CIT Guntur Faculty
Ques. Is there any management quota in the college?
Ans. There is a category B admission where admission is given to NRI students with a minimum of 50% aggregate in the qualifying exam.
Ques. How can I take lateral entry in the college in second year?
Ans. For lateral entry students must have passed 1st year from any of the recognised colleges and possess the ECET rank.
Ques. Does the college have a reservation quota during the admission?
Ans. The college has a reservation quota. The seats are reserved in each course according to the Andhra Pradesh Government.
Ques. What are the facilities provided to students in the hostel?
Ans. The facilities provided along with hostel facilities include well-equipped furniture, basic facilities like the dining hall, reading room, entertainment hall, etc.
Ques. What is the total intake of the college for the BTech courses?
Ans. There is a total 540 student intake across different branches in BTech courses. CSE and ECE has an intake of 120 students and the rest courses have an intake of 60 each.