Table of Contents
AP PGECET 2020 Exam Date (Revised), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
AP PGECET 2020 complete exam schedule has been released. The exam will be conducted from August 02-August 04, 2020. AP PGECET 2020 Application forms are available till July 05, 2020, with an applicable late fee of Rs 500. AP PGECET is conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of APSCHE for the candidates seeking admission in ME/ M.Tech/ M.Pharm programs. Candidates having a bachelor’s degree in engineering or pharmacy are eligible to apply for the same.
- Last Date to apply for AP PGECET 2020 with an applicable late fee is July 25, 2020. Apply Now!
- AP PGECET Exam consists of 120 MCQs.
- Paper has to be attempted in a total duration of 2 hours. Check here AP PGECET Syllabus
- The Exam will be conducted in Computer Based Mode.
- The exam will be conducted in English language only
- Candidates with valid GATE/GPAT scores will not have to appear for AP PGECET. Check GATE Score
- For effective preparation strategies, candidates must practice from the previous year papers, it’s the best source for analyzing the difficulty level of the paper and maintaining speed and accuracy. Check here AP PGECET Practice Papers
Highlights of AP PGECET 2020
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Post-graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of APSCHE|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Eligibility Criteria||Andhra Pradesh domiciled|
|Minimum 50% in the qualifying exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
.Check here AP PGECET Exam Pattern
AP PGECET 2020 Exam Dates
The conducting body has been announced the official dates of the exam. Candidates can check below:
|AP PGECET 2020 Notification||March 09, 2020|
|Availability of AP PGECET Form||March 09, 2020|
|Last date of apply without late fee||June 15, 2020 (Extended)|
|Last date of Form Correction||June 24 – 25, 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee of INR 500||July 05, 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee of INR 1000||July 16, 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee of INR 2000||July 25, 2020|
|Issue of AP PGECET 2020 Admit Card/Hall Ticket||July 30, 2020|
|AP PGECET 2020 Exam Date||August 02- August 04, 2020|
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||August 05, 2020|
|Final Date to Raise objection against Answer Key||August 07, 2020|
|Result Declaration||To be Notified|
AP PGECET Eligibility
Graduates satisfying the minimum eligibility standards defined by Andhra University can apply for the state level exam. The eligibility terms and conditions are as follows:
|Nationality||Citizen of India|
|Domicile||Permanent residency of AP state or should have lived for a substantial amount of time.|
|Age Limit||Lower age limit is 21 years|
|Qualification as per Programs|
For Engineering courses: a minimum score of 50% or more in the qualifying examination (45% for the Reserved Categories).
For Pharmacy Courses: a minimum score of 55% or more in the qualifying examination (50% for SCs and STs and other reserved categories).
AP PGECET 2020 Application Form
AP PGECET Registration window will become functional from the first week of March 2020. The entire process will be conducted in online mode only. Candidates will be able to apply for the exam by visiting AP PGECET official website. For easy understanding, a step by step process to fill the form is given below:
Step 1: Payment of AP PGECET Application Fee
- A stipulated fee as per candidate’s category has to be paid in order to access the form:
- General Category – INR 800
- SC/ ST Category – INR 400
- Post successful payment, a transaction ID will be sent to the registered Mobile No. and Email.
Step 2: Registration
- Register by entering the payment reference ID, qualifying exam hall ticket no., mobile no. and date of birth.
- Furnish the above-mentioned details carefully.
Step 3: Filling AP PGECET Application Form
- Enter personal details, qualifying exam details and Aadhaar Card details in this step.
- Choose the preferred AP PGECET Exam Center and upload the required documents
- Scan and upload the photograph and signature as per the set standard size.
- Photo – JPG format and less than 40 kb
- Signature – JPG format and less than 15 kb
Step 4: Save & Download Online Form
- After completing all the steps mentioned above, the candidate should make sure to review their form before submitting it.
- And after carefully reviewing, then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Then, a confirmation page will appear.
- Save the confirmation and download it.
Registration Procedure for GATE and GPAT Qualifiers
There is a separate provision of registration for GATE and GPAT qualified candidates. While filling in the seats, the first preference is given to GATE and GPAT qualifiers and the remaining seats are filled by AP PGECET qualified candidates. Steps for these candidates are as follows:
Step 1: Visit APSCHE Official Website i.e. sche.ap.gov.in
Step 2: Click ‘AP PGECET 2020 for GATE and GPAT qualifiers’ link.
Step 3: A new page will appear, pay the stipulated fee.
Step 4: Fill in the application form by furnishing your personal, academic and qualifying exam details.
Step 5: Submit and take a print out of AP PGECET Application Form.
AP PGECET 2020 Admit Card
- Admit card will release tentatively in the fourth week of May 2020 at the official website.
- AP PGECET Admit Card is a gateway to enter the examination hall.
- A candidate failing to produce the same will be prohibited to appear for the exam.
- AP PGECET Hall Ticket will contain information related to a candidate like a Candidate’s Name, Photograph & Signature, Exam Venue, Exam Date & Time and Instructions.
Mentioned below are the steps to download the admit card:
Step 1: Visit the AP PGECET Official Website.
Step 2: Click ‘Download AP PGECET Hall Ticket’ tab
Step 3: Enter AP PGECET Registration No. and selected the paper you are appearing for.
Step 4: Click the ‘Submit’ tab.
Step 5: View and save AP PGECET Admit Card.
Note: In case of any discrepancy found, it is important to approach the conducting body immediately.
AP PGECET Exam Centers
Andhra University will release the official list of exam centres shortly. Given below is the list of last year exam cities of AP PGECET exam:
AP PGECET Exam Pattern
Andhra University describes the exam pattern of AP PGECET 2020. There are 14 papers, conducted in two sessions. Listed below are highlights of the exam pattern:
- Mode of Examination – Computer Based Test i.e. candidates will be allocated their own computer system.
- Type of Questions – Objective type questions (MCQs). For each question, four options will be provided out of which one has to choose the correct answer.
- Number of Questions – In all the papers a maximum of 120 questions will be asked.
- Exam Duration – the duration of the exam will be 2 hours (120 minutes) duration examination.
- Medium of Examination – The question paper contains questions in English medium only.
- Marking Scheme – Each question carries one mark.
- Negative Marking – There is no provision of negative marking in AP PGECET 2020.
AP PGECET Mock Test 2020
After the exam dates are declared, Andhra University also releases mock tests for candidates. Benefits of practising mock test are:
- It helps in understanding the paper pattern for this year.
- It helps in analyzing their preparation level.
- It will get to know the areas they need to work on before the exam.
AP PGECET Syllabus
AP PGECET syllabus for all the 14 papers will vary in terms of subjects and topics. Andhra University releases the syllabus PDF as per all the disciplines on its official website. The document will contain the topics and chapters that one must study for the state level PG exam.
Listed below is a brief Syllabus of AP PGECET 2020:
|Paper Name||Sections||Important Topics|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||Engineering Mathematics||Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability, Statistics etc.|
|Flight Mechanics||Airplane Performance, Atmosphere, Static Stability etc.|
|Space Dynamics||Central Force Motion, Orbit Transfer etc|
|Aerodynamics||Basic Fluid Mechanics, Viscous Flows etc.|
|Structures||Stress & Strain, Flight Vehicle Structures, Turno Machinery etc.|
|Bio-Technology (BT)||Engineering Mathematics||Calculus, Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability, and Statistics & Numerical Methods|
|Biotechnology||Process Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology & Genetics etc.|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||Engineering Mathematics||Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability, and Statistics & Numerical Methods|
|Structural Engineering||Structural Analysis, Concrete Structures, Mechanics etc.|
|Geotechnical Engineering & Environmental Engineering||Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||Engineering Mathematics||Linear Algebra, Calculus, Numerical Methods, Differential Equations, Complex Variables, Probability, and Statistics.|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Electric Circuits and Fields, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives, Signals and Systems, Power Systems, Control Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Electric Traction System.|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Engineering Mathematics||Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability, and Statistics, Complex Variables & Numerical Methods.|
|Applied Mechanics and Design||Strength of Materials, Engineering Mechanics, Theory of Machines, Vibrations & Design.|
|Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences||Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Applications and Heat-Transfer.|
|Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering||Metal Casting, Forming, Joining, Engineering Materials, Machining and Machine Tool Operations, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Production Planning and Control, Metrology and Inspection, Inventory Control, Research|
AP PGECET 2020 Results
Andhra University will release the AP PGECET 2020 Result in the last week of June 2020. AP PGECET Result will be announced in the form of Ranks, percentile and qualifying status. Follow the steps listed below to check your scores:
Step 1: Visit the official website of AP PGECET 2020 i.e. sche.ap.gov.in.
Step 2: Select AP PGECET link and click on the ‘View Results’ link.
Step 3: Enter registration number, date of birth and choose the opted subject.
Step 4: View the percentile and rank obtained along with the qualifying status.
Step 5: Download AP PGECET 2020 rank card.
Note: To qualify for further process, a candidate is required to score a pre-determined cut-off score. For the general category, the minimum qualifying score is 30 marks.
AP PGECET 2020 Counselling
- After the declaration of the results, shortlisted candidates will be called for AP PGECET 2020 Counselling.
- Candidates will be called as per their merit and scores achieved in AP PGECET 2020 and in GATE or GPAT 2020.
- The counselling will be conducted separately for GATE or GPAT qualifiers.
- To participate in the admission procedure, candidates have to pay a stipulated fee as per their category (Gen. INR 600 and SC/ ST INR 300).
- Counseling begins with document verification and then you can proceed for web counselling.
AP PGECET 2020 - FAQs
Ques. How to retrieve AP PGECET Registration Number?
Ans. In case you forget AP PGECET registration number or ID, follow the steps listed below:
- Visit the official website.
- Click ‘AP PGECET Application Form’ and then choose the Forgot Registration Number option.
- Enter your transaction ID, date of birth and mobile number.
- Submit the credentials and you will be asked to set the forgotten information again.
Ques. How to make corrections in AP PGECET Application Form?
Ans. As of now, authorities have not confirmed if they will be providing the form correction facility in AP PGECET form or not. Candidates are suggested to furnish their information in the form carefully.
Ques. I am a GATE qualified, do I have to appear for AP PGECET 2020?
Ans. No, candidates having a valid GATE score are exempted from taking the Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test.
Ques. Can I appear for more than one test scheduled on the same day in different sessions? Will I be allotted the same AP PGECET Exam Center?
Ans. In this case, the authority allows the same exam center to appear for both the papers scheduled on the same day.
Ques. Is entering the mobile number necessary while filling in the application form?
Ans. Yes, mobile number is a mandatory detail that you need to provide, as all the communication related to a Transaction ID, Payment Confirmation or any other important information will be communicated on the registered number.
Ques. How many universities/ institutes will accept AP PGECET scores for the academic session 2020-19?
Ans. For this year, there are eight participating universities in AP PGECET. They are listed below:
|AP PGECET Participating Institutes|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada|
|Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapur||Sri Padmavathi Mahila University, Tirupathi|
|Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati||Adikavi Nannaya University|
Ques. How many registrations are received for AP PGECET 2020?
Ans. Andhra University will release the official notification for the examination shortly. Therefore, the registration window is not yet functional. But, as per the previous year's trends, participation is expected to be around 30 thousand.
Ques. Is there any method to apply offline for AP PGECET 2020?
Ans. No, you can only apply online for the state level examination.
Ques. What is the registration fee of AP PGECET 2020? Is there any provision of late fee payment?
Ans. The registration fee for AP PGECET 2020 varies as per candidate’s category i.e. for general candidates it is INR 800 and for SC/ST candidates it is INR 400. Also, if you are not able to submit the application fee on time then you can submit it later with a late fee which ranges from INR 500 - INR 10000.
Ques. What is the admission provision for GATE or GPAT Qualifiers to get a seat in AP PGECET Participating Institutes?
Ans. Candidates having valid GATE or GPAT scores do not have to appear for AP PGECET exam. They will directly participate in the counselling procedure as per the schedule that will be available shortly on APSCHE official website.
Ques. I am not a resident of Andhra Pradesh, can I still apply online for the exam?
Ans. No, you cannot apply for the exam, you need to be a resident of Andhra Pradesh for applying for the exam.
Ques. Is there any other method to submit the application fee other than the online method?
Ans. Yes, you can also make fee payments by visiting the AP online centers.
Ques. Can I apply for multiple courses through AP PGECET?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for multiple courses depending upon your eligibility for the course. If you meet the criteria then you need to mention the same while filling in the application form.
Ques. I did a mistake in filling my online application, how can I change it?
Ans. If there is any correction required in the data, contact the PGECET office. The address is CONVENER, AP PGECET - 2020 ADMISSIONS Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Ques. Do I need to upload my certificates during online application?
Ans. No, there is no need to upload any certificates during your online application. However, if you belong to SC / ST category then you need to bring a photocopy copy of the Caste Certificate duly attested to the examination hall.
Ques. I do not have Aadhaar card, can I apply for AP PGECET?
Ans. No, Aadhaar card is mandatory to apply for the examination. It is advisable to apply for the document as soon as possible.
Ques. I have applied for two courses; will I get the same exam center for both the exams of both the courses?
Ans. Most likely, a candidate gets the same center if you have the exam on the same day.
Ques. Do I need to pay different fees for different courses?
Ans. Yes, you will have to pay different fees to appear for the exam of different courses.
Ques. What will be the medium of AP PGECET Examination?
Ans. For this year, the examination will be conducted in English Language only.
Ques. Do I need to send my application form to the exam conducting authority?
Ans. No, you don’t need to send your application form, you only have to apply online for the exam.
Ques. What is AP PGECET Cut off to qualify the exam?
Ans. Qualifying percentage marks in AP PGECET is 30 marks out of a total of 120. However, for SC/ST aspirants, there would be no minimum qualifying marks for ranking the aspirants.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College