Table of Contents
AP ECET 2020 Dates(Revised),Registration, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
AP ECET 2020 dates have been revised. The exam will be conducted on July 24, 2020. Previously the exam was postponed because of countrywide lockdown due to COVID-19 crisis. The exam was scheduled to be conducted on April 30, 2020, in a single session (10 am – 1 pm). . Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) conducts the entrance exam AP ECET 2020 on the behalf of APSCHE. This state level entrance exam is conducted for Diploma holders of Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and B.Sc Graduates for admission into lateral entry admission in B.Tech, B.E and B.Pharmacy programmes.
Latest: AP ECET application process has been extended. The last date to apply without late fee is June 15, 2020, Apply Now!
Indian Nationals satisfying local/ non-local status as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions can apply for the exam from March 06, 2020.
- Domicile: Candidates must belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh and satisfy local/non-local status requirements. Check AP ECET Eligibility
- APSCHE will release a detailed brochure for the exam at sche.ap.gov.in/ecet.
- AP ECET 2020 will be conducted in CBT mode across 14 regional centres in Andhra Pradesh. Check AP ECET Exam Pattern
AP ECET Exam: Facts
- AP ECET is conducted for diploma holders and B.Sc. (Mathematics) graduates.
- The exam provides admissions to B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy courses.
- The candidates with B.Sc. degree are not eligible for admission into a pharmacy course.
- Aadhaar card number is mandatory for AP ECET Application.
- Mock Test will be released for all the courses at sche.ap.gov.in/ecet. Download Free AP ECET Sample Papers
AP ECET 2019 stats: 35,024 candidates had registered for the exam among which 33,637 members attended the exam. Guntur topped the list with the highest number of candidates attending the exam.
Highlights of AP ECET
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP ECET)|
|Conducting Body||JNT University Anantapur on behalf of APSCHE|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|AP EAMCET Official Website||sche.ap.gov.in/ecet/|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test – Check AP ECET Syllabus|
|Type & No. of Questions||Objective, 200 Questions|
|Validity of AP EAMCET Score||One year|
|AP EAMCET Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | 08554-234678|
Note: Candidates applying for B.E/B. Tech will also have to take a paper based on the branch of Engineering for which they have made application as a part of AP ECET 2020.
AP ECET 2020 Exam Dates
Here, Tabulated below are AP ECET 2020 Exam Dates:
|Release of AP ECET 2020 Notification||March 06, 2020|
|AP ECET 2020 Registration||March 06, 2020|
|Last date to Apply (w/o late fee)||June 15, 2020 (Extended)|
|Last date to Apply (with late fee of INR 1000)||to be notified|
|AP ECET 2020 Form Correction||to be notified|
|Issue of AP ECET 2020 Admit card||To be notified|
|AP ECET 2020 Exam Date||July 24, 2020(Revised)|
|Publication of AP ECET Final Answer Key||To be notified|
|Declaration of AP ECET 2020 Result||To be notified|
AP ECET Eligibility Criteria
AP ECET eligibility criteria vary for different courses. A brief about the same are listed below:
- Candidates should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh. Also, they should satisfy the local status/non-local status requirement as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational and Technology Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
- Candidates should have obtained a Diploma in Engineering and Technology/Pharmacy from the state board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh state or any other Diploma from AICTE approved institutions recognized by Government of Andhra Pradesh as equivalent thereto for admission into the relevant course.
- They should have passed the 3-year B.Sc Degree examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Students pursuing their diploma course (final semester) are also eligible to appear for AP ECET 2020.
- Candidates must have passed the Diploma in Engineering and Technology/Pharmacy/B.Sc. degree with an aggregate of at least 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category candidates).
Check detailed AP ECET Eligibility Criteria
AP ECET 2020 Application Form
The online forms is available for filling at the official portal of AP ECET i.e. https:sche.ap.gov.in/ecet/. For better viewing and smooth application submission, candidates must use the following system requirements:
- Browsers: Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and above /Internet Explorer 6.0 and above
- Screen Resolution: 600x800
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 and above
- Disable the pop-up blocks and uninstall all the script blockers
Given below are the major steps to register for AP ECET Exam:
After clicking on FEE PAYMENT tab, fill in all mandatory details given on web page. The details to be filled are:
- Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket No.
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Mobile No Mentioned above belongs to Self or Father or Mother or Relative
- Alternate Mobile Number
- E-Mail ID
- Fee Amount
AP ECET Application Fee
The application fee is INR 500 for all the candidates. A processing fee is also charged while making the fee payment. Check the table below for the application fee.
- The payment can be made by Net banking/ Credit/ Debit card mode.
- Candidate can also pay the registration fee by cash at any one of the APONLINE / TSONLINE centers.
- In case your account is debited and the website gets disconnected before payment receipt generation, check Payment Status using Know Your Payment Status option by providing the necessary details.
- If you get the message "Payment Details Not Found", make a fresh payment.
- The amount of the failed transaction will be refunded to their debited bank account within 5 working days
Fill APECET Application Form
Candidate can start filling the online application by selecting the tab “Fill Application (only after fee payment)”. Fill in the details of payment reference ID, Qualifying examination Hall ticket number, mobile number and date of birth and click on Proceed to fill the application form. Keep the following documents ready before taking its printout:
- A passport size photograph in .jpg or .jpeg of less than 50Kb.
- Signature signed with a black pen on a white paper, scanned and saved as .jpg or .jpeg of less than 30Kb.
Print Application Form
Save and preview the filled in application form. Candidate can take print out of the application by clicking on Print Application button which is useful for further correspondence
Fill Here AP ECET Application form 2020
AP ECET 2020 Hall Ticket/Admit Card
The exam conducting authority will issue the hall ticket at http://www.sche.ap.gov.in/ecet. Candidates can download the admit card by providing Registration Number and Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy). Candidates can download their AP ECET 2020 admit card by following the below mentioned steps.
- Go to the JNTU official website.
- Click on AP ECET 2020 Admit Card.
- A login window will appear.
- Type your AP ECET 2020 application number and DOB to login and download the admit card.
- Window showing admit card will appear.
- Click on download admit card.
- After downloading the admit card take a printout of the same.
AP ECET 2020 Exam Centers
AP ECET 2020 will be conducted in 14 districts across the state of Andhra Pradesh. Candidates will be allowed to make 3 preferences for the exam center at the time of making application for AP ECET 2020. Check the following table for APECET test centers:
|East Godavari||Srikakulam||West Godavari|
|Guntur||Sri Potti Sri Ramulu Nellore||Kurnool|
AP ECET Exam Pattern
There are 3 different exams that will be conducted under AP ECET 2020. Each exam is related to a specified UG course (lateral entry) for which the admission will be conducted based on the test results. All papers will be of the objective in nature.
Highlights related to the exam pattern are tabled below.
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Number of Questions asked||200 MCQ type|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Section in Paper||3 to 4 (depending upon the Course applied for)|
Check Detailed AP ECET Syllabus
AP ECET 2020 Results
The results of AP ECET 2020 will be announced at http://sche.ap.gov.in by JNTU Anantapur on behalf of APSCHE. The result leads to lateral admission to 2nd year B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy. Candidates will able to check their results by undertaking the following simple steps:
- Visit AP ECET 2020 official website.
- Click on AP ECET 2020 Results.
- Enter your Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Click on submit.
- Your result will get displayed on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out.
Based on these results counselling will be done for allotment of seats under various disciplines of UG courses.
AP ECET Qualifying Marks
Candidates will be required to score a minimum of 25% marks (of the total allotted marks) in order to obtain a rank in the AP ECET 2020 exam. That is a minimum of 50 marks out of a total of 200 marks is required to be obtained by the candidates for obtaining a rank.
- There is no minimum qualifying percentage for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- The rank obtained with the benefit of relaxation of the minimum qualifying marks at the APECET by any candidate claiming to belong to SC/ST category will be cancelled in case the claim is found to be invalid.
AP ECET 2020 Counselling
Based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the AP ECET 2020 a merit list will be prepared. Candidates scoring higher marks will be placed higher in the merit list whereas those scoring lower marks will hover at the bottom.
Candidates who will feature in the merit list will be called for the document verification process. After the document verification candidates will be allowed to take part in the registration and choice locking process.
Counselling process for AP ECET 2020 will be started from June, 2020 (Tentative). Counselling will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the AP ECET 2020 merit list.
In case of a tie among two or more candidates (in regards to merit list) following methodology will be followed.
- One with higher marks in Mathematics will be placed higher.
- In case of a tie still persists then Marks of Physics and Chemistry will be compared.
- In case the tie is not resolved then in who is elder will be placed higher.
- To settle the case if the tie persists even after considering above 3 parameters candidates will be awarded equal ranking.
AP ECET 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the validity of AP ECET 2020 scores?
Ans. Candidate can make use of the scorecard up to one for attaining admission in AICTE approved universities in A.P.
Ques. I have obtained 44.6% in B.Sc. Aggregate. Will, it is considered as 45%?
Ans. No. It will not be considered as 45%
Ques. What is the application fee for AP ECET 2020?
Ans. The fee for online application form is INR 500/-
Ques. Is my B.Sc. score considered for institute level seats?
Ans. Your admission will be based solely on your merit in AP ECET.
Ques. What is the procedure for admission to Management quota seats? Are there any paid seats?
Ans. Candidates are advised to contact individual institutes in order to receive information regarding institute level quota seats and management quota seats.
Ques. Is the eligibility criteria any different for candidates of a reserved category?
Ans. There will be score waiver during admission if you belong to a certain quota. Reserved category candidates applying for AP ECET 2020 have to have a minimum of 40% as against 45% for unreserved category candidates.
Ques. Can students take the test from their state of residence?
Ans. No. Applicant must hold the Andhra Pradesh state domicile.
Ques. Who accepts AP ECET Scores?
Ans. The candidate may apply for admission to any of the participating institutions like G. Pulla Reddy Engineering College, Miracle Educational Society Group of Institutions, Guntur Engineering College and other participating institutes.
Ques. Is there a demo test to familiarize students with the pattern of the test?
Ans. Candidates can access the demo test at the AP ECET website.
Ques. What can be done in case of corrections or discrepancies in my application form?
Ans. AP ECET does entertain changes after submission of the application form. Candidates will be able to see the 'corrections’ section in the menu. In rare circumstances, however, such requests may need to talk to the convener.
Ques. When will the Preliminary Key be declared? Will the university take objections regarding the Preliminary Key?
Ans. The preliminary key will be released by the authority on May 05, 2020. Yes, the university will take up objections regarding the Preliminary Key.
Ques. What is the passing score in AP ECET 2020?
Ans. Candidates seeking admission must clear the AP ECET test by securing a minimum of 25% or 50/200
Ques. Can the application fee be refunded?
Ans. Candidates may opt-out of appearing for the exam, but the application fee cannot be refunded. However, if your application process is incomplete or the status of your application is negative, payment will go in for refund process. The refund will take about 15 days and must be checked with the bank.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in the AP ECET Entrance Exam?
Ans. For every question, there will be one correct answer and each right answer will fetch 1 mark. There is no negative marking in the test. No marks will be deducted for an incorrect response. However, in case of a tie, the number of incorrect answers will be made use of.
Ques. When will the scorecard be available?
Ans. The scorecard will be available in e-format on the website. On receiving the scorecard on May 10, 2020, the applicant will have to contact various admission authorities.
Ques. How can I pay the application fee for the form?
Ans. It is adviced to candidates to keep a record of their online transaction which shall be made through debit card, credit card or net banking or by visiting your nearest AP online center.
Ques. There are discrepancies in my Aadhar Card/I don't have an Aadhaar Card, what can I do?
Ans. Locate an Aadhaar enrollment center near you, and apply for an Aadhaar at the earliest or submit a correction request at your nearest Aadhaar center.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College