SAS Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai is a reputed Management educational institution established in the year 2006 in Thane, Maharashtra. The institute is located next to Tarapur MIDC, Asia’s biggest industrial hub in order to create synergy between industries and management education. The college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and runs under the umbrella of Deep Education Society.
The Institute offers a 2-year MBA/MMS program in various specializations. The college also offers two teacher training courses namely B.Ed. and Diploma in Teacher Education (D.T.Ed.). It facilitates students with a well-equipped infrastructure, talented faculty, and numerous extracurricular activities. Various national and international companies such as Bajaj Finance Ltd, The Indian Express, Forbes Marshall, ICICI Securities, and others visit the college thus providing wonderful placement opportunities to the students.
SASIMS Mumbai Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||2006 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Courses Offered||MBA/MMS, B.Ed. and D.T.Ed.|
|Top Recruiters||Bajaj Finance Ltd, The Indian Express, Forbes Marshall, ICICI Securities, Marks and Spencer, Extramarks Education|
|Facilities Available||Sports complex, Library, Hostel facilities, Cafeteria, Fully- furnished classrooms|
|Location||MHB Colony, Gorai Road, Borivali West, Mumbai - 91|
SASIMS Mumbai Courses
SAS Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai offers a 2-year MBA/MMS program. The college also offers B.Ed. and Diploma in Teacher Education.
The various courses along with their brief details about their duration, eligibility, and specializations are tabulated below:-
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)||
|Diploma in Teacher Education (D.T.Ed.)||
Read more: SASIMS Mumbai Courses and Fees
SASIMS Mumbai Admissions
- SAS Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai is affiliated to the University of Mumbai, Maharashtra. The admissions to the college are made as per the rules and regulations prescribed by the university
- For admission to various programs offered by the college, a candidate needs to satisfy the academic eligibility criteria and the entrance examination followed by group discussion and personal interview.
- The mode of application for admission at the SAS Institute of Management Studies is Offline.
How to apply?
An interested candidate needs to follow the following steps in order to apply at the SAS Institute of Management Studies:
- Visit the campus of the college in-person.
- Obtain the Application form and prospectus on the payment of required fees.
- Fill the application form carefully
- Submit the application form and the necessary documents and the appropriate registration fees.
- The shortlisted candidates shall be called for group discussion and personal interview.
- The candidates have to appear in the interview along with their original certificates.
SASIMS Mumbai Placements
SAS Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai provides a wonderful platform to aspiring students seeking recruitments and jobs. The Career Guidance Cell of the college organizes an annual job campus placement to bridge the gap between the companies and the students. The students are placed in various Indian and International companies at commendable positions.
Students from SASIMS are placed overseas by various international firms. Over 37 Indian Companies have visited the campus and recruited the students thus providing excellent placement opportunities to the students.
- Bajaj Finance Ltd
- The Indian Express
- Forbes Marshall
- ICICI Securities
- Marks and Spencer
- Extramarks Education
- Reliance Capital
- UBM Conferences
- Albans Associate
Read more: SASIMS Mumbai Placements
SASIMS Mumbai Facilities
- Library: The college has a fully digitalized, well equipped, and furnished library. The library has an in-depth collection of around 3000 Books, Periodicals, Leading Business Magazines, Newspapers, Journals, and Videotapes to assist and update students.
- Hostel facilities: The college offers excellent hostel facilities for outstation students to feel home away from home. Fully- furnished rooms and all the necessary facilities are provided to the students at minimal rates.
- Computer Centre: The computer centre is equipped with over 70 computers loaded with the latest licensed software to enable a technologically superior learning environment. The college also offers 24 X 7 Wi-Fi broadband internet connectivity throughout the campus.
- Infrastructural facilities: The college has student-friendly Infrastructure with fully furnished classrooms and laboratories with the latest audio-visual aids enabling a comfortable and effective learning environment.
- Seminar Hall: The institute has a fully-equipped and air-conditioned auditorium with a capacity of 250 members for organizing Seminars, Conferences, and Placement related programs.
- Sports Facilities: The college promotes physical well-being and fitness in students. The college focuses on sports activities and games such as table tennis, volleyball, chess, badminton, etc.
- Additional facilities: Cafeteria, Health Care, Common Room, etc.
Read more: SASIMS Mumbai Hostel
SASIMS Mumbai Faculty
The College has a talented and dedicated team of faculty having a high academic experience to impart education to the students. The faculty boasts of varied backgrounds in terms of specialization and experience.
The college has over 14 extremely talented and committed professors and assistants to teach and assist students in every possible way.
Read more: SASIMS Mumbai Faculty
SASIMS Mumbai FAQs
Ques. How does the proximity of SASIMS Mumbai to Tarapur MIDC help and benefit the students?
Ans. The proximity of the college to Tarapur MIDC is the biggest advantage for the students. Tarapur MIDC is a house for more than 2000 small, medium & large companies, especially in Steel, Textiles, Pharma, and Chemicals sectors. The institute has created a perfect bridge between academics and industry thus bringing advantages to students in their overall growth.
Ques. What are the necessary documents required at the time of SASIMS Mumbai admission?
Ans. The necessary documents that are required at the time of admission and are needed to be produced in original the time of admission are as follows:
- Entrance Marks Card
- Transfer certificate/Migration certificate
- Marks Memorandum (Year-wise)
- Final Degree Certificate
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/SBC)
- Income certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Physically Handicapped Certification
Ques. What is the Mentorship program of SASIMS Mumbai?
Ans. In the institute, the students are divided into groups of five students who are personally mentored by professionals from industries for exposure to the dynamic industrial arena and the practicality of management education. This involves speaker sessions from various top companies such as Tata Steel, Pantaloons, Camlin, Amul, etc.
Ques. What are the various extracurricular activities offered at SASIMS Mumbai?
Ans. SAS Institute of Management Studies offers a wide range of recreational and extracurricular activities for its students. There are various social clubs such as Eco club, Heritage club, Entrepreneurship Development Cell, etc. Also, there are various recreational functions such as Sports day, Founder’s day, and Annual Fest.
Ques. Why should one choose SASIMS Mumbai?
Ans. SAS Institute of Management Studies is one of the best colleges at the University of Mumbai. The college has a reputed name in a very short span of fine and has extremely talented faculty and staff. The academic, social, and spiritual elements of the college combine to offer the students many windows of opportunity.