Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology (SJIET) was established in the year 2014 in Thiruvallur, Tamil Nadu. The institute provides various engineering courses at the UG level such as BE in various specializations. The admission is based on the TNEA entrance exam. Application mode is online.
The college offers 100% placements and also internship opportunities with full-time salary packages starting from INR 10 LPA and a monthly stipend from INR 30,000. Top recruiters include Intel, Broadcom, PayPal, SAP labs, Honeywell, Siemens, Volvo, Robert Bosch, Renault Nissan, Alcatel lucent, Danfoss, etc.
Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Established in | Type||2014 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Anna University, Chennai|
|Courses Offered||BE/ B.Tech|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, Intel, PayPal, Siemens|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Transport, Security, Canteen|
Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology Courses
There are a variety of courses offered at Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology. One can choose from a variety of options:
|B.E./ B. Tech.||Specializations: Agricultural Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Food Technology, Mechanical Engineering Food Technology
Duration: 4 Years Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% marks in the science stream
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based
Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology Admission
Admissions to Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology are based on the entrance exam. Diploma Holders from other various branches can also apply for admissions into the courses under similar cut-offs. Admissions for Diploma Holders will be into the 2nd year.
How to Apply?
- Admissions to Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology are through the online mode.
- One can directly access the admission link present on the official portal of the college.
- By filling out personal credentials on the website, one can apply for admissions to the college. Required information includes Name, Email id, Contact Number, Course preferred, and the candidate's address.
- Once these fields are filled out, the candidate shall receive a response from the college administration.
- No entrance-based admission prevails in this institution of Engineering and Technology. Only admissions based on merit performance are considered eligible and valid.
Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology Placement
Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology provides 100% placements. Top recruiter firms like Wipro, Ericsson, PayPal, Intel, Robert Bosch, Volvo, Honeywell, and many more turn up every year to hire students for top management positions.
Even the internship opportunities at the college lead to full-term employment for the majority of the students with annual packages starting at INR 10 LPA. Internship stipends at companies like Broadcom, Intel, and similar reputed firms start from INR 30,000 per month. With full training and guidance in the field, the students acquire wholesome knowledge and a holistic experience. The internship opportunities are diverse and dynamic, and students are provided with ample opportunities to look out for their careers.
Campus visits by top tier companies take place every year when students are handpicked based on their caliber and commitment. Dream and Super Dream offers to fall under the SJIET advantages that place a student in the privileges net of candidates.
The placement process involves a set of criteria that a student must fulfill before being appointed. This involves:
- Registration for Placement
- Appropriate Training
- Eligibility Criteria
- No Academic gap in Educational years
The student batch of the year 2018 was placed at the rate of 100% and among top tier companies in the software and technology sector.
Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology Facilities
Among all the institutions of engineering and technology, Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology provides an array of services and facilities to its students. One can find numerous facilities on the premises:
- Accessible Administration: One of the most important facilities on the campus, and accessible administration eases down the process of student communication and assists the students to get comfortable across the college campus.
- Library: A rich library with abundant books and texts for one's amusement is all that a student needs in leisure time. Whether it is about difficult assignments, finding a friend in books, or simply wandering around the library for peace, the campus has got you covered!
- Canteen: A full-fledged canteen area with delicious food and healthy eateries all around, the college canteen is loaded with such facilities. Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology offers excellent food served in a hygiene and a healthy environment.
- Hostel: Splendid infrastructure and exquisite architecture together account for the hostel facilities to be the best among various colleges of engineering and technology. With separate hostels for boys and girls, the 2 hostels can accommodate up to 100 students each.
- Transport: A transport network of buses runs to and fro various neighboring places and to the college for both the staff and the students. With comfortable and convenient transport, buses provide a safe yet sound experience.
- Security: To incorporate students and their enthusiasm for learning, the college is committed to campus security. Campus-wide safety systems are installed across the campus to ensure that all the students and the staff remain within insecure boundaries. Some of the features include:
- Tight control over access to campus facilities.
- Strict checking of private records, materials, and valuable equipment.
- Immediate attention to inappropriate student behavior.
- Campus-wide protection for cost-effective and compatible security.
- Looking after parking permits and managing vehicle identification.
Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques. What is your review of Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvallur, Tamil Nadu?
Ans. Ranked as an A-grade institution by TCS, Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology is widely popular for its education and later opportunities. With 100% placements, the college offers exciting opportunities to its students in top tier companies.
Ques. What is the minimum percentage required to get admission into Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. To get admission into SJIET, the minimum percentage cut-offs are as follows-
- General: 50%
- OBC: 45%
- Most Backward Caste: 40%
- SC/ ST: Just pass
Ques. Is it worthwhile to join Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. The answer to the question is yes, it's worthwhile to join the college. With extensive education and emphasis on holistic learning, the college also promises job placements at top-tier companies in the technology sector.
Ques. What is that Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology has but no other college does?
Ans. Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology offers 100% placement for its student batches. Unlike all other colleges, the college empowers its students for dynamic internships and strives for their job placements at top-tier companies.
Ques. Does the Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology require a test to prove proficiency in English?
Ans. No, other than the HSC certificate, the college does not demand any other test or exams to be cleared.
Ques. Does Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology provide student loans?
Ans. Yes, the student provides student loans and financial aid for young minds.
Ques. How is Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology faculty?
Ans. With outstanding department faculties committed towards quality education, holistic learning, and practical knowledge, the teaching faculty at Sri Jayaram Institute of Engineering and Technology is immensely popular for its highly skilled professional educators. Hailing from various departments, the faculty altogether is extensively well-versed in educating the students and helping them to strive forward with flying colors.