The Institute of Design Education and Architectural Studies was established in the year 2009. This is a private college and ranks 28 out of 30 colleges in 2020 by India Today. The college offers two courses (Bachelor of Architecture & Master of Architecture) in one stream. Admission of students is based on NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) or non-zero positive score in JEE-Paper II followed by CAP counseling. The application form for Admission can be filled only through offline mode.
IDEAS Nagpur Highlights
|Established | Type||2009 | Private|
|Approved by||COA, DTE|
|Courses offered||B.Arch and M.Arch|
|Entrance Exam||NATA or JEE Paper II|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Total Students Enrollment||519|
|Facilities available||Library, Sports, Medical, Cafeteria, Comp. Lab.|
|Campus Size||2 Acres|
IDEAS Nagpur Courses
The College offers two courses in one stream, which includes a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) and Masters of Architecture (M.Arch). Details of the same are given below:
|B.Arch||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: Candidates should have 10+2 or Minimum 50% aggregate in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or at least 59% aggregate 10+2 exam or 10+3 Mathematics Diploma [Mandatory] with aggregate marks of 50%. (45% Minimum For reserved quota)
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (NATA)
|M.Arch||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B.Arch Subject to Entrance Test at Institute level, Qualification from an approved University with aggregate marks of 50%, where 45% is for SC & ST. Non-Zero score in CET. Selection Criteria: Entrance Based
Read More: IDEAS Nagpur Fees
IDEAS Nagpur Admission
Candidates who want to pursue admission to do Bachelor and postgraduate Degree can apply with the following procedures.
How to Apply?
- Candidates must purchase the prospectus and Admission Request Form (ARF), providing the details.
- Submit the form along with the required documents.
- Admission of the students to be applied through Central Admission Process [ CAP], which is undertaken by Maharashtra state government through the Admission Regulating Authority.
- 80% of seats will be filled through the Central Admission Process, and the rest 20% will be through the institutional quota or based on Merit.
IDEAS Nagpur Placement
Institute of Design Education and Architectural Studies-IDEAS, has a good Placement cell for its students in which every year around 80% to 90% of students get placed in companies like Charles Correa, Christopher Beninger, Laurie Baker are offered to the students. The salary package ranges between INR 1-4 LPA and students get 100% internship for around 9 Months across various cities in India.
IDEAS Nagpur Facilities
The College is very new as compared to the other Architectural colleges. The infrastructure will make you fall in love with it. It has ample resources for Labs, classrooms, studios, and separate hostels for boys and girls including mess facilities.
- Classroom: The College has a well-infrastructured classroom with a well-equipped LCD projector and speaker system with proper facilities where around 50+students can sit in one class and study together.
- Transport: The College provides the facility to drop and receive the students by their transportation. They run two buses for the students who come from different places.
- Auditorium: The College has a big Auditorium where around 500 students can sit to hold cultural events, seminars, and co-curriculum activities and exhibitions.
- Lab: The College has separate labs for maths, computers, etc. where the students can experience things practically, which helps in the development of students.
- Hostels: College has separate hostels for both girls and boys. And the meals are also provided to the students in the hostel premises only.
- Other Facilities: Cafeteria, Library, AC rooms
Read More: IDEAS Nagpur Reviews
IDEAS Nagpur FAQs
Ques. Is IDEAS Nagpur good for Study?
Ans. Yes, the college is very good and focuses on innovation, and has unique teaching methods. This College is the best architectural college in Nagpur and ranked 28th out of 30th by India today. The college has got one of the best-qualified faculties.
Ques. Does IDEAS Nagpur provide any extra courses for the Students?
Ans. No, the college has only 2 courses in 1 stream, and those are bachelor of Architectural B.Arch and master of Architecture M.Arch for the students.
Ques. Does IDEAS Nagpur provide an internship to the students?
Ans. Yes, the college provides 100% internship to the students. The Internship of every student goes around Nine months. So, the students get much time to learn things in a better way.
Ques. How can the students check the merit list of IDEAS Nagpur?
Ans. Students can go to the official website to check the merit list. The status of the same is uploaded there.
Ques. Does IDEAS Nagpur provide any scholarship?
Ans. Scholarship Program is available for the Students of IDEAS belonging to the lower Category. Students of Lower Category, as well as Upper Category, can avail of Education Loan as they are available for all.
Ques. What all documents are required for admission at IDEAS Nagpur?
Ans. Following documents are required for admission:
- SSC Mark Sheet.
- HSSC Mark Sheet / Or Equivalent Diploma Certificate.
- School Leaving Certificate (T.C.)
- NATA Score Card.
- Domicile Certificate of 10th and 12th or Diploma Done from Maharashtra State.
- Nationality Certificate if nationality is not mentioned in School Leaving Certificate.
- Migration Certificate is required if the candidate has appeared HSSC or Equivalent exam from other than Maharashtra State as per DTE and State Govt. Maharashtra rules.
- Two passport size colored photographs.
- Caste Certificate (For Reserve Category).
- Caste Validity Certificate (For Reserve Category).
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (For Reserve Category)