AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology was established in the year 1991. The Institute offers BE and PhD courses in 5 streams. The admission to the courses is based on the KCET entrance exam. The application mode is online.
The institute offers promising placement opportunities with the highest salary package of INR 14 LPA. The top recruiters include Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Microsoft, etc.
AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Established | Type||1991 | Private|
|Affiliated to||VTU Belgaum|
|Courses offered||BE and PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
|Facilities||Library, laboratory, computer, cafeteria, hostel, transportation etc.|
AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology Courses
AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology offers the BE courses specialized in 5 sections. The Institute also offers Ph. D courses in 3 specialization Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There are a total number of 10 departments available in the Institute.
|BE||Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science And Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 with 45% (40% for SC/ ST) in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ bio-technology/ computer science/ Biology/ electronic as optional with English or any other language subject
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (KCET)
|PhD||Specializations: Library & Information Science, Physical Education, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Masters Degree
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based
AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology Admission
The admission is based on both entrance and merit. Candidates can apply online.
How to Apply?
- The candidates need to fill up the application form first.
- Candidates need to fill the basic details and reservation details (if they have any).
- After filling up the details candidates need to upload scanned documents.
- Candidates need to choose their preferred college and subject combination.
- Merit list will be published as per schedule.
- Candidates will be notified through SMS.
- After the merit list, there will be a counselling process
- Selected candidates need to verify the original documents.
AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology Placement
The institute offers great placement opportunities on campus. In 2019-20 placement the highest salary package offered was INR 14 LPA. Department wise placement details are as follows:
|Department||No. of Students Placed||Highest CTC||Internships|
|Civil Engineering||2||INR 4 LPA||41|
|Computer Science And Engineering||45||INR 6.6 LPA||47|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||11||INR 7 LPA||29|
|Information Science & Engineering||20||INR 6.6 LPA||22|
|Mechanical Engineering||8||INR 6.6 LPA||55|
AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology Facilities
- Hostel: The institute has hostel facilities available for both boys and girls separately. The hostel has a mess facility for food arrangement.
- Library: The institute has a central library on the campus. It has a vast collection of books and journals and magazines. The library contains e-books and e-journals and e-magazines.
- Computer centre: the institute has a central computer centre for students. It has internet connectivity on the campus with broadband facility
- Laboratory: the institute has celebrities available for each subject under each department. Laboratories are well equipped with machines and Technology.
- Smart classroom: the campus provides students with smart classrooms for a better education environment. It contains advanced teaching tools such as projector, speaker, internet, microphone etc.
- Language lab: the institute has a language lab on the campus full stop it has 20 computers installed. It is for improvisation of writing and oral skills of students.
- Sports: the institute encourages students for sports culture. Institute has indoor and outdoor game facilities such as football, volleyball, table tennis, shuttle badminton, basketball, cricket, chess etc.
- Healthcare: the institute provides a Health Care Centre along with a registered nurse. The institute also has a visiting doctor available on the campus grounds.
- Seminar Hall: the institute has a well-equipped air-conditioned seminar hall available. The capacity of the seminar hall is 250 people.
- Cafeteria: The institute has a Cafeteria which serves hygienic and healthy foods. It provides both veg and non-veg food.
- Transportation: the institute has transportation available for students. They have their own bus service available 24/ 7
- Stationery Store: the institute has a stationary store available on the campus. It provides a xerox and printing facility.
- Auditorium: The institute has an inbuilt auditorium on the campus. The Auditorium has 2500 people capacity along with cushioned chairs and best audiovisual facility.
- CCTV: the institute has a CCTV system. It works 24/ 7.
AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques. What all documents are required for admission in AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. Following documents are required for admission:
- 10th and 12th marksheet - Original + 3 attested photocopies each.
- Transfer Certificate Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Migration Certificate Original + 2 photocopies.
- Conduct Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Medical Certificate which mentions blood groups.
- 10 Passport Size Photographs with red background
- Caste and Income Certificate
- Study Certificate for CET students.
- CET/ Equivalent Rank Card
Ques. Does the AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology have workshops and training programs?
Ans. AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology has a central workshop for practical training purposes. The Institute arranges other training programs for students skill improvisation.
Ques. Do the AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology anti-ragging committee on campus?
Ans. AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology has an anti-ragging committee on campus. Dr Rajesh Rai P.is the Chairman of the Anti-Ragging Committee.
Ques. Does AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology offer an E-learning service?
Ans. AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology has an E-learning facility available. The Institute has a YouTube channel and virtual labs.
Ques. Does the AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology have a minority facility?
Ans. AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology has a minority reservation system as per govt order. Also, the Institute has an SC/ ST cell.
Ques. How is the faculty of AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. AJ Institute of Engineering and Technology has approximately 150 faculty members available. The principal of the institute is, Dr Shanthrama Rai C. He is a BE, M.Tech, PhD, MISTE, MISLE, MIEEE. Each engineering department including the basic science department has a HOD.
|Dr Shanthrama Rai C||Electronics and communication engineering||HOD and Principal||BE, M.tech, PhD, MISTE, MISLE, MIEEE.|
|Dr Nagesh H||Information science and engineering||HOD||BE, M.tech, PhD,|
|Dr Rajesh Rai P||Mechanical engineering||HOD||BE, M.tech, PhD,|
|Dr Akshatha S||Civil engineering||HOD||BE, M.tech, PhD,|
|Dr Antony P J||Computer science and Engineering||HOD||BE, M.tech, PhD,|
|Dr Shanthakumari||Engineering mathematics||HOD||BE, M.tech, PhD,|
|Dr M Kishor Shetty||Engineering chemistry||HOD||M.Sc, PhD|
|Dr Sujaya C||Engineering physics||HOD||M.Sc, PhD|